Why does x265 HEVC 2160p videos look so bright and washed out compared to x264 1080p rips...

Why does x265 HEVC 2160p videos look so bright and washed out compared to x264 1080p rips? I have tried so many different movies and rips and have had no luck with x265 regardless of the video player or system.

Some rips use inferior BluRay releases

Some rips use superior DVD releases

Studios can't help but ruin movies sometimes.

Right but this is a legit 2160p Bluray HDR rip. They actually got it cracked, and even seen this with stuff like John Wick 2 4k remux. There is no way they would release a worse off version with a big-time release

A pirate sometimes isn't as good as a paid color corrector.

Well I am just trying to ask why do all 2160p HDR rips look so washed out on non HDR displays.

use a player that isn't shit at converting hdr to sdr?

Because the hdr isnt impemented.

This is like asking why you cant see color on a black and white tv or why a vhs wont play in your dvd player

I am using MCP and VLC. Same shit both ways

Not even the same frame.

I understand this. But why on a SDR display the colors looks so bright? Do I have to get an HDR display to get the right color correction?

Why isnt the colors like the 1080p release?

The scene is the same. Wtf u on nigga

why are you fucking getting HDR rips if you don't fucking have an HDR tv you fucking retard

I have a 4k TV.... without HDR.... I wanna watch native 4k content on my jewtube

"Why cant my horse run as fast as that car?"

Why do i need an hdtv to see hd?

Why doesnt my radio show me video?

Why doesnt my gameboy play Switch games?

Get it yet?

No I need more stawmen examples. Why cant HDR rips run in SDR?

They play fine, you get a fucked up picture because you're a retard playing hdr on a non hdr compatible screen.

"Why doesnt halo play on my nintendo?!"

Youre the reason retail employees commit suicide this time of year

madvr has the best hdr > sdr so far

there are a lot of variables involved, like the nits of your display, saturation percentage, handling of highlights, etc.

whoever designed HDR is a faggot because they didn't really put any thought into backwards compatibility with standard displays

I actually got my cousin to kill himself when he was 12

Thanks ill check it out. Fucking kikes did this to make me pay for stupid shit like HDR. I just wanna see movies in 2160p format...

here's ghost in the shell 4K via madvr

Fugggg, I need to see this made for Android TV. I have a sheild TV and need better VC1 and HDR on SDR playback

I like the left one better, it looks more sharp and I can understand what is happening

the walls have way less detail, and the time of day is confusing in the hdr one