Next time a new Marvel comic comes out, don't go buy it. The House of Ideas is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy

Next time a new Marvel comic comes out, don't go buy it. The House of Ideas is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.

>buying comics

Alright Superman but can I still buy indie comics?

>House of Ideas

They've both run near dry, the Big 2.
DC tried to be fresh by being 90's again, it was awful and Johns rightfully apologized for all that.

Now they are content to retell the Bronze age with new art, slowly circling the drain.

Like the VHS tape, the floppy is hanging on far past any justifiable reason.

That's okay, so are you. I mean, your most entertaining comic these days? He-Man/Thundercats. A mini series that's almost done.

The next time you threaten someone, don't restrict yourself to one sentence. Tack on several short but redundant statements. Like this one. And this one. And this one.

Shouldn't be difficult, I'm already not buying DC comics.

I read this in Tim Daly's voice.

Daredevil's been pretty cool.
But I think I've been buying Amazing Spider-Man solely out of habit for at least 2 years now.

>out of habit
You need to break that tonight.

Is it any worse than maintaining a Batman pull list?
Batman isn't going to do anything fresh and innovative in your entire lifetime; he'll just accumulate another 6 spunky wards, all while being 36 forever.

And don't forget Joker, who will do something so horrible it'll change comics forever....

....until the next reboot/retcon.

No.
I was just making a lousy music reference.

Will Batman have sexual relations with female hero/villain?: Most likely
Will Batman form lasting or meaningful relationship with said female? : Definitely not
Will there be a shocking and unlikely revelation about the Wayne family?: Probably a couple
Will Joker pull an epic boner that sends Batman's sanity teetering and change him forever?: At least every two years like clockwork.
Will Batman take on a promising young sidekick who represents what 40 yr old men think 16 yr olds think is cool and happening?: Absolutely.
Will Batman's methods significantly change as he continues to accumulate less interesting villains while not putting away the old ones for good?: No, every once in a while old villains like Joker will kill the unpopular ones off (or they will turn out to have been the Joker).

There, I've spoiled the next twenty years of Batman for everyone.

Why would I buy a comic?

Twenty years? More like decades/centuries, mirite

>....until the next reboot/retcon.
I think the decision has been made to more or less make Batman immune to reboots now.

A New Dehli carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae wipes out humanity in 23 years and change.
Something I ought not to have shared, but fortunately no one believes me.

We survived Lucifer-Alpha back in '91. We'll be fine.

>Buying/Reading Marvel*
*outside of Ewing shit.

It's prolly some underage who just discovered one of those games where you try to make a virus that kills all life and is trying to be all spooky about it.

Fuck you, I have hopes for the new Spectacular Spider-Man.

I'm only buying young animal and image right now
Even tho I probably read 5-10 big two books a week on here

I should start supporting gwenpool

did they tie up that "3 jokers" thing yet

Didn't expect to see a quality reference like SNATCHER in a place like this.

What are some things you'd like to see happen in Batman?

I just want one of the main villains to reform for good and for all the shit Batman does for his rogue gallery to actually be shown as not completely and utterly pointless. Preferably Two-Face. Just one of them.

>This is a recognizable Superman line now
Thanks, Zack.

Stinking narc.
don't worry I got it user, and as a result I'm now going to off myself

nope

The thing is - as a Batman fan - these are the types of stories I want to read in Batman books.

>Do I want Batman to fuck some new hottie?
Yes
>Do I want Batman to form a lasting or meaningful relationship with said hottie?
No
>Do I want more revelations about the Wayne family/Gotham?
Yes
>Do I want the Joker to pull out another badass piece of murderous performance art which pushes Batman to his limit but which Batman ultimately overcomes?
Yes
>Do I want Batman to take on more kid sidekicks?
Not at the moment, but it looks like they're killing off some of them so there will be room for more.
>Do you want Batman's methods to change?
No, then he isn't Batman he's lame Punisher. And don't get me wrong I like the Punisher, but I don't read Batman comics to read about the Punisher,

I care about the quality of Batman stories far more than Batman's evolution. I want him to be in his late-twenties to late-thirties permanently.

The point of Batman stories is about a man's struggle against death, and him ultimately triumphing over it but never being rid of it. Batman is immortal out of his world, but is immortal to us, and I like that about Batman and find it comforting that centuries from now there's a good chance someone will be able to pick up a Batman story to see him triumph against death every month.

But OP I have to buy every relaunch of Captain Marvel. #yassqueen Carol must #slay the charts.

>I just want one of the main villains to reform for good and for all the shit Batman does for his rogue gallery to actually be shown as not completely and utterly pointless. Preferably Two-Face. Just one of them.

It's happening in Detective Comics. Clayface is being a good guy.

Long as they are not the walking dead

Yeah but how long do y'reckon that will that last for?

You are the worst kind of Batman fan. What he needs right now is to go back to basics. When was the last long arc we had where he was going after a non super villain? When was the last arc where the stakes weren't at minimum "Gotham is fucked!" (That one is Death of the Family, which has a slew of other issues, I'm fairly sure)?
We do not need to learn the Waynes are crazy perverts, that worked for Morrison because it ended up being untrue. Gotham can have dark secrets sure, it's an evil town.
We do not need yet another shit romance arc, if it's not going to be a serious girlfriend it's a waste of pages.
We do not need more Jokerwank, the character needs to either actually be written as a funny, pisstaking psycho again rather than Hannibal Lecter-Lite, or he needs to be shelved.

Batman needs a neo noir mystery murder (on that cam be solved by the audience best case scenario) where no super characters are involved on either side, maybe a short scene in Arkham, or a character scene with Bats and Supes, but that's it. Human non powered killer, good old fashioned detective story. It would be so good for the character
When I want to see Batman in a mech punching Superman, I read Justice League or an elseworlds, not his main title.

He-Man/Thundercats is easily the best DC book right now. Fun and epic, with two fantastic villains, and heroes who behave like heroes. Combines Fantasy, Cosmic stuff, with superheroics. Too bad that it's a mini series, and didn't get any marketing promotion.

It's still shit even if it's being ironic and meta