Edge Of Venomverse

In the may solicits

>EDGE OF VENOMVERSE #1 POSTER
>FOC 4/10/17 ON-SALE 5/3/2017
>24×36…$8.99
>5960605400-70021

Guessing 'Edge Of Venomverse' might be the next spiderfamily event?

Symbioteverse? Klyntarville?

>YFW they use this to bring back Anti-venom

It may be brief, but I'd rather have part of a cure than none at all.

Are they finally going to kill that edgelord ?

Eddie Brock gets the symbiote back in April.

How much we betting this will introduce Spider-Gwens Venom

>Symbioteverse

I don't care what you guy say. Symbioteverse sounds like an awesome idea for an event.

Does this mean Mayhem's coming back?

Just don't let Slott near it.

>klyntar
fuck off

I can't help thinking it's meant like edge as in edgy at least thats how i'm reading it

Me too.

>Edge of Venomverse
>Edge
That has to be intentional, right?

Who are 4, 5, 9-11, 13 14, and 21?

Just realized Earth X Venom wasn't included in this. She should be.

I'm not so sure
there's only 2 non-mainline symbiots in that pic, and that's the spiderham venom and 2099 venom

ewww

Do we know who's writing it? I can't get excited if it's Costa.

We're guaranteed at least one great tie-in, that's how these always work right?

>That has to be intentional, right
Yes
it's a reference to edge of the spiderverse, m8

ANOTHER EVENT

>there's only 2 non-mainline symbiots in that pic, and that's the spiderham venom and 2099 venom

Mayhem (19) and Poison (14, in between Toxin and Spider-Ham Venom) are in the picture. Both of them are non-mainline. Mayhem's from the MC2 universe and Poison is from a What If? story.

Careful what you wish for, Eddie getting the symbiote back means that this event will likely kill off all other symbiotes for a long time, and if we're lucky, MAYBE Flash gets to keep one.

All I know is, if they attempt to kill off Carnage, he will always come back, this is the only silver lining.

See

whos writing this

Me.

>means that this event will likely kill off all other symbiotes for a long time

Didn't they JUST do that? I know they recently went around getting rid of a lot of the gamma powered characters

Oh man, we could lose such winners as Scorn and Mania, what a loss that would be.

4 is hybrid 5 is venom 2099, 9 is from separation anxiety I think, I think 11 is mania, 13 looks like spiderham venom, 14 looks like another version of flash venom, 21 is superior venom from superior spiderman. may not be entirely correct since the pictures aren't great detail

Hey we might get to see more carnageman. If there is a God we will get some carnageman.

if Eddie gets the symbiote back at least have flash get toxin or antivenom.

So are we getting crabsuit venom back then maybe?

>Klyntar
I concur with

>Edge Of Venomverse
will Mania finally be relevant?
will Mayhem get to come back?

Good, knock it down to Venom and Carnage.

alright you chucklefucks
don't mess this up

give us Poison vs The Spider

Well shit, now I feel like we need one of those images that we compiled during Spider-Verse for "Every Spider-Man ever" but with symbiotes instead

I never understood why Venom from TAS was half blue and half red

Prediction: All the symbiotes will chant "WE ARE VENOM!" as they head off to the climatic final battle of the event.

Two! Two (you)s! Ah ah ah!

WE ARE WE ARE
(WE ARE)
THE VENOM OF THE NATION

what's going on with Flash atm?? I didn't read space knight and i saw that new edgy guy has his symbiote now, what happened to him?

we don't know

ah okay assumed that was the case just wanted to make sure

Okay I just realized I'm dumb, because I didn't know that chanting requires repeating. So I don't think they'll do that. I just think they may all yell "WE ARE VENOM!" once, maybe as a rallying or battle cry.

>Eddie getting the symbiote back means that this event will likely kill off all other symbiotes for a long time
why would that happen?

its a static comic book so the line gets repeated very time you look at the panel

>Who are 4, 5, 9-11, 13 14, and 21

04- Hybrid
05- Venom 2099
09- Riot (Trevor Cole)
10- Krobaa
11- Zzzxx
13- Pork Grind
14- Poison
21- Superior Venom

> only 2 non-mainline symbiots in that pic

There are four:
13- Pork Grind
14- Poison
19- Mayhem
24- Ultimate Spider-Man

>EDGE OF VENOMVERSE

So there is a possibility that Ann might come back from the dead for at least a short time? SWEET.

I really liked Ultimate Venom from a design P.O.V. even if he lacked the iconic symbol of his.

I'd like to know this myself.

>So there is a possibility that Ann might come back from the dead for at least a short time?

Lets hope!

>I really liked Ultimate Venom from a design P.O.V.

Which one? Eddie or Conrad Marcus? They look totally different.

The idea was to make him look more "alien", which is why they also gave him those awesome breathing noises (which I still have trouble describing... some kind of odd inward breathing, mixed with a reptilian growl).

Eddie. Before he absorbed Carnage.

There is something cool in a Venom that sprouts non-stop tentacles, constantly shifts physical forms and eats people whole...ALONG WITH A HORSE AND POLICEMAN RIDING THE FORMER.

The after he absorbed Ultimate Carnage he got glowy red eyes and nobody knows what happened to him after Beetle subjected him to the same trick the Ghostbusters did to ghosts while using the ghost trap.

Marcus was weakest Venom.

>including Krobaa and Zzzxx but not Payback

The hell?

Its a shame to think about all the casuals who think Marcus is the only Ultimate Venom (I've personally met more than a few people who think this).

Wait. They don't know about 1610 Eddie Brock?

Man, that's shit. That's less than casual.

Most of Miles "readers" either think that Eddie and Marcus are the same person (they don't know who the host is and just assume there is only one Venom) or that Marcus is the only Venom in Earth-1610.

Reason: Most of Miles' "fans" don't actually read comics.

Is that some kind of Mysterio-Venom in the bottom-left? When did that happen?

It's hard for me to even believe that this is a thing.

Also when will Miles get kicked out of 616-verse? Or at least that he changes his name to something that won't make people get confused? There is only one person called Spider-Man that 616 needs. Two is a crowd.

>When did that happen?
Its fan-made. Not all the Venom variants in those images are actually from comics.

>It's hard for me to even believe that this is a thing.

There are people here on Sup Forums who salivate over Miles, even. And when pushed, it usually shows that they haven't ever actually read many comics at all, they just jumped on the Miles bandwagon because of Sup Forums reasons.

The USM cartoon calls him Kid Arachnid, which is a dumb name but at least they tried.

>Anti-Venom
>Mania
>Mayhem hopefully
>Every wasted symbiote ever!
>In an event ripping off Spider-Man's event where Parker dies over and over for shock-value sales

FUCK YOU TOO MARVEL

So "Edge" means like 5 one-shots introducing new Symbiotes and then Slott jumps in and kills Ultimate Venom, Mania, Agent Venom, brings back Mayhem to kill her 3 pages later, Anti-Venom shows up again and jobs to the big bad and then Parker gets to wear a symbiote to clear up this mess, right?
Guest starring Monster Ock because Slott needs to fit the fat fuck somewhere.

Not gonna happen.
Miles sales are doing the best they've done in years.

Eh. I still think that Miles, under a competent writer, can still be salvaged, yet he simply doesn't fit into 616. He was supposed to be a legacy character to 1610 Peter Parker and take the mantle of Spider-Man after the former's death.

He simply doesn't fit. AT ALL.

Yeah. I'd rather if they called him Red Back, which would be fitting since his venom blasts can be quite lethal. Not to mention that his suit also fits the Red Back name.

In the last Sunday Symbiote thread, there was an idea about a symbiote team if Marvel ever made it. However the title was...not so fitting from my P.O.V.

Symbiote Patrol fits better.

He needs more meat on his character.

When's Edge of Pizza Time?

>So "Edge" means like 5 one-shots introducing new Symbiotes

I am totally cool with that, so long as they don't all suck. We won out with Edge of Spider-Verse in that we got more good than bad. Hopefully this series has the same outcome.

>Also when will Miles get kicked out of 616-verse?

When Bendis leaves Marvel. Or a new EiC takes over and tells Bendis to fuck off.

So I guess Spidey's is sticking around Venom for awhile.

>I still think that Miles, under a competent writer, can still be salvaged

He's been under competent writers and no one has any clue as to what to do with him. He's always just kind of "there".

I'm still of the opinion that they should have him go villain, even if just temporarily. Have Miles have a mental breakdown from all the stress of dealing with memories of a dead universe and trying to live up to the Spider-Man name.... then he goes full Parallax.

>years later it turns out he was just possessed by an evil spider spirit and nothing he did was really his fault

You completely forgot the gazillion Parkers that died for the sake of Punk-Parker, Sp//der, Lady Reilly and Pavitr? Noir was already there.
What was it all for?
We got 12 shitty issues about Web-Warriors fighting Electros.
Spider-Gwen's storytimes ( for example) barely get any attention or discussion.
Most important thing they've done is be an excuse to Kaine's dissapearance and shoving Spider-Gwen in Clone Conspiracy.

You're telling me THAT's why MC2 Peter died for?
Fuck you.

>You completely forgot the gazillion Parkers that died for the sake of Punk-Parker, Sp//der, Lady Reilly and Pavitr?

No. I was referring exclusively to the "Edge of Spider-Verse" mini series. The Spider-Verse event as a whole was a complete and utter shit show.

But of the five Edge of issues, we got whole stories about
>Noir
>Spider-Gwen (I like her)
>Aaron Aikman
>SP//dr

The only really bad (well, "meh") issue was the Patton Parnel one.

Just about everything else relating to Spider-Verse was fucking trash.

>You're telling me THAT's why MC2 Peter died for?
>Fuck you.
Calm your tits, user.

Spider-Girl didn't deserve this rollercoaster of pain.

She sure didn't. Thankfully DeFalco made it ambigous as to whether or not that was even the true MC2 Mayday.

Shit, now I miss April. We need some more Mayhem in this thread.

>Miles starts getting visions of the dead 1610 Ultimate Universe.
>Evil Reed Richards also gets them.
>The two get some sort of mental connection and are drawn to each other.
>Evil Reed tries to find out why both of them get those visions.
>Turns out 1610 still exists, yet it became a shadowy reality with revenants, monsters and the stuff of nightmares.
>At first those visions were just visions, but slowly they became more frequent and extreme.
>The visions allow the denizens of the dead 1610-verse to pour the dead-zone into those who survived and landed into other realities.
>Miles and Evil Reed need to cooperate while the former looks for additional help.
>Miles becomes more and more frequently plagued with mood whiplashes and starts to become increasingly brutal.
>Finally he gets possessed by something that can be described as a vampiric spider-spirit from 1610.
>It grants him terrifying powers that forces the Champions, the Avengers, X-Men, Inhumans and all other teams to rally against the Possessed Miles. Even a lot of villains join to fight the threat. Needless to say all of the teams are proverbially raped and are inches from dying.
>Doc Strange and every mystical individual manage to freeze Miles in a OP magical freeze zone, but this barely holds him.
>Evil Reed, hooked to a battleship-sized anti-psychic machine, appears and tells everyone what the hell is going on.
>The 616 heroes and villains see what the hell it is about while the psychics, mages and scientific minds are working on what the spirit is and what it wants.
>The spirit is 1610 Peter who is planning along with other spirits to resurrect 1610 and Miles is the key here along with 1610 Reed.
>As it turns out, the 1610-verse was a reality cork that sealed off a dimentional soul-eating monster spirit. And the 1610 dying without being replaced by another universe resulted in the cork to weaken.

Thank DeFalco.

Stiltverse when?

The only one that stayed dead was Scream.

>>Miles starts getting visions of the dead 1610 Ultimate Universe.

He doesn't need visions. Its already been established that he remembers everything from the previous timeline.

But I could see him having reoccurring nightmares of his Mom's death or something.

>Thankfully DeFalco made it ambigous as to whether or not that was even the true MC2 Mayday.
He also wrote a post-Spider-Verse story with Mayday getting over her depression.

Poor Scream.

>Turns out 1610 still exists
It actually does. Was shown in a recent New Avengers issue. The Maker has knowledge of it already.

>He also wrote a post-Spider-Verse story with Mayday getting over her depression.

One of the absolute best things to come out of Secret Wars.

Seriously, she didn't even get a boyfriend...

Indeed, but also would go with the visions showing twisted nightmares of what the Ultimate-verse became.

Oh, and I'd add to this:
>The monster spirit is pure evil and it corrupted and twisted the dead in that universe over time.
>Peter was one of the few that remained sane-ish, but even then the corruption is slowly turning him from not so evil into pure evil. What's worse, this also is affecting Miles...and he's getting stronger.
>1610 Peter wants to sacrifice 616 verse to resurrect 1610 by any means necessary.

Nice.

>It actually does. Was shown in a recent New Avengers issue. The Maker has knowledge of it already.

Darn. And my idea gets torpedoed.

Let's hope for Donna coming back too. To be honest I think I would prefer the whole Life Foundation gang being brought back but if it's just Donna that's fine. Also imagine if we got a She-Venom vs Scream fight? That would be sick!

I love them symbiote cat-fights, so I have nothing against it.

Would like to see this.

Eddie killed her doing his "Symbiote Hunter" phase , but you know with the ending of Secret Wars she still could be around.

>she still could be around
Probably crippled and without a symbiote.

>Let's hope for Donna coming back too

That would be best case scenario. I hope it happens.

But I'd even be ok with just having her symbiote survive and find a new host.

>Also imagine if we got a She-Venom vs Scream fight?

Someone needs to draw this.

The use of "Edge" and "verse" doesn't necessarily mean that Slott is going to have any involvement. Remember Superior Iron Man, which came after Superior Spider-Man? Remember how Slott had absolutely nothing to do with Superior Iron Man? This could very well be a similar situation, just reusing terms from a successful Spider-Man storyline because they feel those terms also apply to this storyline.

Could also be a nod at the edginess of Lee Price.

>but you know with the ending of Secret Wars she still could be around.

Could you clarify what you mean by that? I didn't read Secret Wars though I do know some details about it, like it being the reason why Miles is in 616.

>Could you clarify what you mean by that?
All of reality was re-written. That's how Peter Parker magically became a billionaire (despite his company being a complete failure previous to Secret Wars), for example.

Characters where were dead could come back.

Will Mania and Mayhem fuck?
Who will be dom and who will be sub?

So I had this horrible realization: Sandoval could very likely be doing the art for this event.

Mayhem will be dom.

I was using that term mockingly. I hate bendis for that

Every time I hear klyntar, I think of some cleaning detergent.