Marvel's greatest teenage heroes on their own, growing and learning together

>Marvel's greatest teenage heroes on their own, growing and learning together

It's the best premise possible with the best name possible.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FUCK THIS UP

Quite easily.

get an old writer who has never been good at writing teenagers and one of the worst artists they have

How do you fuck it up? Easy. Give it to a writer who doesn't understand teenagers.

Loveness should be writing it.
Heck even G. Willow Wilson would work.

You know what, Sup Forums? Let's post FUN ideas for Champions storylines.

Get a writer who wants an opportunity to spout liberal shit instead of writing a story

By making them 'Woke'

To be honest, teen or children heroes never sat well with me, even as a group.

Instead of "HURR DURR LET'S GO KICK SOME BUTT!" they should be developing PTSD or mental/emotional breakdowns from the misery, violence, pain, and suffering of the gruesome dark side of humanity.

Not saying it has to go full Evangelion but if you tell me that some mentally healthy young teen doesn't freak the fuck out from seeing a totally disemboweled human splattered everywhere or even suffering a traumatic injury... well, I don't know what to say.

But they weren't #woke. If they were then it wouldn't have been so bad.

That's a very generic premise and name.

she sucks

They do experience trauma, but only in neat little packages in between major events. It's super contrived and stupid storytelling.

First of all by having Bendis underdeveloped OC and time displaced Cyclops trying to atone for the sins of his older self (being written like complete shit in last years) in the team, second by turning the best character into a preachy straight-man for seemingly no reason, third by having them dealing with "real world problems" bullshit instead of stopping crimes n' shit and last but not less by being Mark Waid and having ZERO idea of how kids talk and behave.

Sam, Miles, Chulk and Viv could hang in real battle situations but Kamala just shouldn't be there
like she should only be street level, she could like actually die really easily with real threats

It's a trash roster with a premise that's been done countless time

>and last but not less by being any Big 2 comic writer and having ZERO idea of how kids talk and behave.

>It's a "Sam gets the gang to help him catch an alien criminal he unknowingly lead to Earth episode
>It's a "Vision grounds his daughter, so the gang sneaks her out to fight crime episode"
>It's a "Gang fights a villain who is rampaging because they're offended over a fanfic they read (that sounds suspiciously like one Kamala wrote recently).

I'm more of a DC guy, so I can't really make actually detailed or more clever suggestions. suggestions

>Marvel's greatest

>Miles

>Kidclops

How did he hit a speedster with a gun? Is that from Identity Crisis?

>ghost rider shows up as a special guest, and appears to be a helpful ally at first but the group casts him out when he starts indiscriminately murdering the evil doers and is a general bad influence on one of the 6

>An empathic psychic teenager has her powers manifest at a house party.
>She's unknowingly sending out "drunk waves".
>One by one the Champions get too tipsy to deal with the crisis.
>Sam and Cyke fall first, Kamala next, Hulk lasts the longest, but Viv is the only one immune, and time is running out.
>She has to pick out the psychic in the crowd, and contain her, AND prevent anyone from hurting themselves.

By making it preachy and unenjoyable to read.

>it's a the champions visit Dick Rider and the cancerverse inside him leaks and tentacle rapes eamala and Viv (especially kamala) episode
The guys try to stop it but they're powerless against the overwhelming power of their foe... or aren't they?

I would add Moon Girl to the team as the little sister that everyone alternately is annoyed by/dotes on.

Really play up the difference between intelligence and maturity as she has the most technical knowledge of the group, but is still a grade schooler at heart.

The same could be said of all capeshit. It isn't all edgy because it's, well, not about edge.

Deathstroke managed to hit Bart with a tranq and it lasted long enough for him to shoot him in the knee.

Didn't involve Wally running into any swords at least.

Sorry, guys. I meant Valeria Richards. Moon Girl is an ugly nigger.

Make her a side character a la Gwen who pops in here and there to piss everyone off.

Fucking hell if Marvel animation wasn't so godawful we could have a real Teen Titans on our hands.

>Mandrill mind controls Moon Girl
>Not for anything perverted, he just wants a T-Rex to do his bidding.

I don't know if Viv would be effected. Kamala might be.

Robbie would be the PERFECT Red X

Well, it depends on what tone you're going for. If you're having them face over the top villains or costumed punks, they aren't gonna be getting PTSD. If you're going for a route like Champions though, then yeah that might be much.

would read/10

>>HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FUCK THIS UP
shove politics into it

Moon Girl is a good idea in a bad story, like most modern Marvel ideas.

The focus should be on the smartest intellect on Earth being a pigtailed little girl. She should be going back and forth between quantum physics and princesses and LEGO.

Because it's utterly unbelievable that these brats remain well-adjusted throughout and don't devolve into Lord of the Flies with superpowers.

Get a better catchphrase than 'Don't punch down'

FFS that makes no damn sense when most of their villains aren't superpowered.

Minority card doesn't work when you can punch through a building, YOU are the privileged one in that case, and everyone else is the one who is 'down' in the punching down analogy! You're the upper class of the world, they're the ones who can't shit out lasers when Dr Doom unleashes his Doombots!

>because they're offended over a fanfic they read (that sounds suspiciously like one Kamala wrote recently
Kamala is Tina Belcher, isn't she

Same way Marvel fucks everything up
Bad writers

what happened to their other teenage heroes? like wiccan and shit? and however old chavez and mico and shit are right now. Or Avengers Academy characters like Reptil

Based deathstroke shooting crappy barts knee.

>That wpisode where Kamala has to convince everyone the saucy steamy fic where she builds a harem of male heroes isn't her doing.
>turns out it was by Miles

fucking sold

Wiccan turned into magic Superman

>Marvel

Found your problem right there.

Why does Marvel keep giving Mark Waid comic gigs where he has to write teenagers? He's not good at it.

I was never a fan of Humberto Ramos' art. It never sat well with me. I think it's the scratchy inking in combination with a heavily stylied cartoon aesthetic.

Not bad for something you pulled out of your ass though.

He ruined Kamala and Viv.

Waid shit the bed harder than a baby that's just swallowed all the laxatives.

Everyone only hates it because muh politics. It's literally his LoS except with real issues instead of fake space issues.

Easily. The Teen Titans have been doing it for years

Yeah but "eat it grandpa" was also bad.

People don't much care for some comic book writer lecturing them about politics for $4.99 a hit.

Especially with that group of fuckwits as the cast.

This would be top tier. Laura in a similar situation, too.

Some one get this man an artist!

Also would marvel sue if someone started posting full fancomics online for free?

>It's literally his LoS
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I heard mixed things about his LoS.

terrible

Allegory is always better. If not we get shit like a mosque, a gay bar, a synagogue and some other shit existing in a tiny town

Reboot was ok but doesn't really pick up until after he leaves.

Threeboot was "let's purposely do things to upset existing fans" though not unreadable. Some parts good, some parts bad. Worked best when the rebellion thing was played as a joke in Legion of 3 Worlds though.

>Tfw Kamala helped a race of alien invaders commit mass genocide on an oppressed minority
So much for all that talk about "not punching down"

Which is hilarious because Kamala and the rest still refer to Teen Cyclops as mutant Hitler in the making.

Triggering the alt right with a children's comic is a great start.

>Heck even G. Willow Wilson would work.
I have a soft spot for her writing. Yeah there's memes or obvious nerdisms sometimes but it always seem to come from the characters being genuine about them.

They grew up. Sliding timeline, remember?

If that were true then all those ass/pol/s wouldn't be in denial about 50 years of Iceman allegory.
Sup Forums shitposters have taught Marvel that you need to shove it down everyone's throat as hard as you can.

It was only Hulk who said it and it's a well known time-travel reference.
Stop trying to lie about the comics other people have actually read.

what happened to Thor Girl?!

This is an episode of Buffy. I'm not crazy right?

>ass/pol/s

Oh fuck off faggot. Icemans "coming out" was the worst shit ever

>sliding timeline, remember?
The sliding timeline is to PREVENT people from growing up.

>Whaaaaugh! Baby can't follow the conversation!
-you see that? that is what you post like.

If that were true Cyclops would be sixteen right now.

>Greatest

>Miles
>Kamala
>Tykeclops

I was thinking something along the lines of the YJ episode where they have to guard Amazo while the JL guard the decoys.

Except in this case, they have to provide protection to a vehicle holding Frank Castle, who Robbie is coming to reap.

Through their fight all around whatever city it's focused on, Kamala would realize the Ghost Rider goes out of his way to prevent the fight from getting out of hand/protecting civilians from property damage, and continually try to reason with him to the others dismay.

By the end, Robbie attempts to "Drag Me To Hell" Frank like how he did at the end of ANGR to the gangster holding Gabe hostage, only for Kamala to wrap herself around him and risk being pulled in herself if Frank is sucked into the ground. When Robbie saves them both, Eli takes full control and heads off to kill Gabe, leading the final fight to be a race to help Robbie regain control (Chulk/Viv building some sort of inhibitor to regulate Eli's spirit).

By the end, Robbie is given diagnosis by Strange or Brother Voodoo, and is able to return as an ally in a pinch.

Kamala tells Robbie before they part ways that she's not sure why, but she had a feeling they had met once before.

>they all stop being such overt mouthpieces for Waid
>80-90% fun adventures
>10-20% MAX social issues subtly done

Nope, I remember it too. Buffy was drunk as fuck thanks to a demonic beer or some shit like that.

>that last line

Awwwww

Would Robbie actually want to reap Punisher though? He's not a REAL spirit of vengeance so he has no more right to slaughter the guilty than Frank does, they're in the same canoe.

Then some other super villain then. Maybe one that attacked LA recently near Robbie's turf.

>smartest intellect on Earth being a pigtailed little girl

Isn't that exactly what Valeria already was?
Why would they need to make another character with the same premise?

Part of his deal with Eli at the end of ANGR is that if Eli finds him "the foulest, darkest degenerate souls to walk the earth...[people like you, Eli Morrow...]and I'll gladly destroy them. But I will kill no one else." thus keeping Gabe safe.

That, and Frank's immune to the Penance Stare anyway, so Robbie going after him is free game. Punisher had a run in LA recently as well, as to justify why he would be tried there.

Old people.

Valeria could never REALLY fill that niche fully because of the fact her family is the Fantastic Four.

Moon Girl (should have) distinuighed herself by being from a totally ordinary home in an ordinary place with ordinary people.

Valeria never really acted much like a kid unless she was fighting Franklin anyway.

Black people need role models.

And white people need to learn that racism is only good for a reason to get rid of that genocidal Nazi race that tried to murder the world in WW2.

>With Sam's encouragement, Viv gets magic lessons from Wanda and Wiccan

This. His Daredevil is the tone I wanted for Champions. Light, but able to go incredibly dark in it's subject matter (Coyote, Bullseye's fate, The Purple Children), and heartfelt (Foggy's Cancer battle, Purple Children/depression issue, Sons of Serpents)

My problem is that they all went "all these adult superheroes keep fucking things up and fighting amongst themselves, we're gonna go fix REAL issues"
Two months later Kamala and Kidclops are front and centre in Inhumans vs X-Men
What sort of sense does that make

controversial opinion: I think shes one of the better writers in comics.

Wait robbie doesn't have penace stare does he?

Simple. You choose characters who have ongoing solos and other various commitments. See, I get that Waid was trying to follow up on his Avengers run somewhat the Champions... But, this team ultimately doesn't work, or at least not for a long time, for the same reason that Bendis' Avengers didn't. That reason is that the majority of the cast already have stories been told while the series is being published.

It's why up until Bendis, most of the writers cut down on the amount of A-Listers in the Avengers. See, if the Champions just started with the characters and then the rooster went through a full overhaul, then it would really work. Give the Champions a Kooky Quartet type rooster with only a couple of major character, but mostly comprised of nobodies.

Hell, I could make a line up right now that fit that criteria.

>Sun Girl
>Patriot
>Mania
>Elixir
>Surge
>Hellion
>Starbrand
>Nightmask
>Aracely

You have a rooster like that, there are a lot of stories you can tell. Dark character dramas? Sure, you have enough X-Kids. Cosmic quests? Yep. Fun little stories? Of course. See, none of those guys and gals have any stories or ongoings to worry about. From there you can write whatever story you like without it interrupting another book's development. Hell, don't even need to use all of them at once.Just a few at time if needed. Or slowly build up the rooster as time passes. Either way is fine.

The point is though that along with his misunderstanding of teenagers and how they think, Waid also has to write around too many books to create an effective character driven narrative, which appears to be what he's going for. There is also the fact that none of these heroes really work in a team apart from Vivi due to what their ongoings imply about their state in the community and their minds. It's why a team full of B and C Listers ultimately works and why it is what the X-Men and Avengers first used it and why Champions should adopt the formula.

Basically New Warriors should never have been cancelled is what you're saying

Secret Warriors will make up for it hopefully.

no. he skips that part and sends people straight to hell

Teen heroes suck unless they're written like adults

Eh...

Not exactly although I am still annoyed at New Warriors' cancellation. I am just saying that Champions with all the 'star power' it currently has is ultimately unsustainable in the long run of things at least if you want an ounce of quality character writing

Not really, blacl people have to learn how to debate extremist so you can convince the public that their ideas are bad in first place

Did Bendis pay you to shill his gay iceman?

Going the whedon way?

it has shown to be the best model except everyone copied it.

How would you describe the Kyle and Yost way of writting teens?

>greatest teenage heroes
They're all cheap knock offs of the original, save for Nova and lezbot. Maybe Kamala if you don't look at her latest stuff.
>growing and learning togetehr
None of them ever had a decent amount of character development, like Miles, or have already went though it much earlier in thier lives, like Cyclops, kid Nova, and Cho as Legacy.
>it's the best premise possible
been done to death and this iteration was done particularly poorly.
>with the best names possible
Names only, they cared nothing for the people appropriating them
>HOW DO YOU FUCK THIS UP
Every reason mentioned previously, plus the fact that they're very much an interacial team meant to appeal to sjws.

>HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FUCK THIS UP
By not knowing how to write the characters, Khamla being the one who is most OOC

Can't say much for kyle but Chris Yost has a style that is conducive to character work but not so great as plot stories. If the story is character driven, he is much better, especially considering most people like both of his X-Cartoons that he wrote for.

Since I've liked all the x-men cartoons, I'd argue I had to like something about his writing but beyond character focus it feels hard to describe at the moment. He nails themes lightly, plot is often weak but I think that may be failing of overall creative direction maybe and not necessarily his fault.

>Not saying it has to go full Evangelion but if you tell me that some mentally healthy young teen doesn't freak the fuck out from seeing a totally disemboweled human splattered everywhere or even suffering a traumatic injury... well, I don't know what to say
Everyone on the Champsions team has already seen worse

>cyclops saw himself dying
>viv saw her mom and brother dies
>kamala saw someone she didnt know too much dying by her hero
>Sam was upset when he found out a chitaru had replaced his dad
>616 Miles.....CW2

And desu i dont know a lot about Cho

Cho intentionally drove a man to kill himself

Shit, really?

They gave it to an old man who thinks he's in with the kids. That leads to jarring writing.