The Wire

I wanna get into the show "The Wire" but I can't stand "YO YO SUP DAWG" shit in movies and tv shows. Can I skip all the "SUP THUGG DAWG" scenes and still understand the story?

No. Also, you're a racist idiot.

no

>racist because he doesn’t like ghetto speak

this desu senpai

fuck you I'm not racist I just can't understand anything they say so I just fast forward

then you're just an idiot

No, you can't, and pretty soon when this is mentioned some redditor comes along and tells you about how authentic the dialog is and how they perfected the vernacular.

And I see you've already met the "you're racist" guy.

After a while you'll get used to it and the show does have its moments, but it is highly over rated in my opinion. Check out The Shield instead.

the shield and the wire are my two favorite drama series

raddit is that way

fpbp

this is by far the most newfag/reddit post in the thread and i guarantee you are not an alpha male

>hating ebonics is racist
Fuck you you liberal shill. Go suck off a coon

Found the "MAGApede"

so I'm the idiot and not the illiterate assholes who can't speak correctly? whatever dude

Get subtitles. I can see people having problems understanding some of them, but don't skip that shit.

The show is about cops and ghetto niggers dealing with ghetto nigger shit, you'd be skipping half the fucking show, it would be like watching Boardwalk Empire and wanting to skip all the prohibition gangster scenes, or watching House and wanting to skip all the bits in the hospital.

nigger

Don't bother, some of the best moments and half the drama is in the ghetto side of the show.

The whole premise of The Wire is showing two sides - the cops and the niggers, so why watch it in the first place?

>Hey can I watch this show about uneducated niggers and skip all the bits with the uneducated niggers

Yes, you are an idiot.

Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiit

This.

>don't call me racis
>use racis term
have some self awareness dude. if you wanna be racist just own up to it

you're both idiots

>a bunch of unintelligible negro gibberish is worth listening to

wew

I liked the wire but when you first start it the jive speak is pretty jarring

If it's not worth listening to then why are you interested in a show filled with it?

>I sure hate women, can I watch Sex and the City and skip all the women stuff?
>I can't stand cowboys, can I watch Deadwood and skip all the cowboy stuff?
>I loathe cooking and chefs and shouting, if I skip all those bits can I still enjoy Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares?
>You know what I hate? Dogs, I can't stand dogs. If I skip the bits with the dogs can I watch the Dog Whisperer?

That's what makes you a fucking idiot.

wtf are you going on about? I'm not interested in any of those shows

Outstanding.

I don't eat mcdonald's and never will. why don't you kill yourself with some mcdonald's?

it was written by a white man

Like the show, don't like the show, get into it or don't get into it, the *literal* first scene of the first episode of the show addresses this:

>Snot-boogie

The whole thing about ghetto-speak and people who don't live in the ghetto finding it incomprehensible is established right there.

Or, per Marlo...

>do it or don't