Justice League of America #1 Storytime

Are we live?

Good.

Considering this was easily the most interesting tirle in the next couple of months of solicits, I really hope Orlando gets better with character voices and I'm not just reading it for occasional cool D-lister appearances

Of all the Not!Marvel villains to pick why did they pick Mojo?

>People need to see heroes are human, Vixen
>So I made an unkillable Alien criminal a member

So doctor doom, mephisto, green goblin, Juggernaut, Doc Ock, Magneto and Wolverine right?

Huh? That's Ock.

I think he's supposed to be Not!Doc Ock

he's actually supposed to be a Doc Ock expy

Doom, Dormammu, I guess Green Goblin, Hulk, Magneto, Sabretooth, Ock

Looks more like Doc Ock to me.

That makes a lot more sense. Now I'm confused why my brain immediately jumped to Mojo.

Finished up downloading the material prepared for the Superman Reborn Primer Storytime this week (Lois & Clark, Rebirth Action Comics and Superman). Deciding whether to grab all of Superwoman, Supergirl, and New Super-Man (even Trinity?) if there's interest.

Anyhow, support the official release!

what's with Reis drawing Batman with those beady little eyes? Ever since Gleason did it I thought it looked cool as fuck, but now they're just using it whenever.

>alien "heroes" come from another world to save earth
We Morrison JLA and Giffen JLI now

That sidecut-ponytail really works. God damn.

thanks norrin I CANT FUCKING WAIT FOR PRIME TIME!!!

Hell yeah!

eh, really not feeling it.

pretty meh

>Joe Prado, Oclair Albert & Julio Ferreira: Inkers

So THAT's why the first half of this issue looked like shit and the second half looked great.

Man, Orlando can't write for shit...

Action Comics: Actually gonna hold off on storytiming this morning, as my attempt to post The Flash is unavailable.

Support your LCS.

I really liked that, especially the Frost+Atom stuff.

Only complaint is the shit Batman keeps going on about saying the normal JL is gods but this one is made of normal people....it's a fucking stupid excuse. Especially when you have Lobo. They really couldn't think up a better excuse for Batman to form the JLA? But apart from that it was good.

Looks like Orlando would've preferred writing GL instead.

>They really couldn't think up a better excuse for Batman to form the JLA
Apparently he's doing it for the Summer event according to Snyder

DOOM
O
O
M

No, you have to keep trying! The Flash wouldn't give up!

They brought back his love of dolphins. I'm already sold on this version of the main man.

IDK, it was pretty solid. I don't know if the stuff NotDoom said was shade at Marvel though (Heroes fighting Heroes was fucking so I saved everyone by destroying it sounds so much like Secret Wars with Doom remaking the world in his image)

Did B-man ever fight the JLI?

I'm liking not!Magneto's design.

Yeah, he called them a bunch of idiots then fucked off

There was absolutely nothing solid about this. Once again he beats us over the head with the retarded "DC is gods pretending to be human" like an imbecile and claiming characters like Ray or Killer Frost or motherfucking Lobo are human and are going to assure the people this League is human. Then there's Orlando firmly establishing how Killer Frost is just about perfect, very strong, very smart, the only problem is people don't trust her. Then he has Ray say some shit like "well, that's Vanity City", well, how you you know Ray? You've only just got there. And he's obviously very competent with his powers making even constructs but when the big battle happens he's all like "Batman SAVE ME!". The transitions between scenes feels awkward and most characters just seem to scream threats or shit at eachother. Oh and Atom is already complaining about too many in fighting between the JLA 2 issues in... we need to be shown that because so far all we've seen is a little playful banter between some characters and other characters actually getting along. It's badly paced and he's not doing a good job on the characterization either.

Wow, you must be living a sad life.

Didn't Havok die? I thought I remembered him dying

>Then he has Ray say some shit like "well, that's Vanity City", well, how you you know Ray? You've only just got there
The Ray Rebirth issue and the JLA Rebirth issue made it seem he had been there a bit. I suppose for you it seems like he just got there last month, but the comic clearly showed he settled down there and started a life and even was dating people while living there. He's been there a bit.

Also you complain that characters are screaming threats at at each other then complain we haven't seen them not getting along contradicting yourself.

He kind of looks like the old New Teen Titans Bother Blood

Him mentioning Thunderer and his world destroyed makes me think this is the Not!Ultimate Doom version of Havok from the Not!Ultimate world not the regular Not!Marvel world that we saw Havok die in but also never saw destroyed.

I mean.. you're shitposting on Sup Forums. That's worse.

>but the comic clearly showed
No it didn't. It's just one page(the last) where he's shown to have a boyfriend. So far in JAL he's mentioned quite a few times that he's new at this hero business.
>Also you complain that characters are screaming threats at at each other then complain we haven't seen them not getting along contradicting yourself.
I'm obviously talking about the villains and the JLA interactions. So far this issue there's been no in fighting between the JLA, the most you can get is Lobo saying he doesn't trust KF but it's Lobo, it's more playful banter than anything.

you're right,it seems really forced
Orlando should just write a Lobo book this is lame
he's already doing nothing with Supergirl

He's died a few times.

But then, who hasn't?

This is not very subtle.

Man Nightwing, Wally, and Huntress should've been on this team

Eh, Huntress is too close to Bats and Dick.
If Dick was on the team I'd have dropped Bruce

Frank Future is the BEST fucking name...

This was shit.

Vanity is a great DC city name

He, he said DOOM

>I want to bring safety and order to your world
>But first, let me kill a bunch of innocent civilians
Uggh, this is really bad.

>Freedom is too dangerous to grow unchecked. Only a strong hand can bring safety and order.
this isn't very subtle... ffs DC, don't write books like Marvel...

It's a fucking Dr. Doom expy. I don't know what you want.

Thunderer is Thor, Machinehead is Ironman, who is Frank Future?

Reed Richards

He is clearly Trump, oppressing the all-new, all-diverse JLA

Saratoga, New York? Is this supposed to be Saratoga Springs? Or Schuylerville?

I though it was Frank Castle for a minute

These are the guys from Earth 8. Their world was in Multiversity #1 if I recall correctly.

Literally the marvel universe.

hypercrisis thread?

Dizus dude. Get a life!

Lord Havok was in Multiversity wasn't he?

>And he's obviously very competent with his powers making even constructs but when the big battle happens he's all like "Batman SAVE ME!".

he probably isn't used at fighting extradimensional meta-humans

I can't get over Canary's thighs in this book

>Wayne-controlled media depicts Lobo as just another tough biker from the good ol' USA trying to fight for justice.

Wait, when did Batman manage to gather them working together already? I don't think Ray was even in contact with Bats, at least not in his issue. Did I miss some comic?

Yeah. I hope they explain how he came back since last time we saw him he went insane and was mercy killed by nothawkeye.

there was a previous issue where he went around recruiting everyone

Well he was using an equivalent to the pheonix egg at the time, so coming back isnt that big a stretch.

JLA #1? I'm confused. I thought JLA relaunched years ago and had Steve Trevor leading a team with Catwoman, GA, J'onn, etc. What happened with that?

New era, new team

You missed the Rebirth issue.

If it's earth 8, then he killed them all.

jla rebirth

it ended and got Rebirth'd

Maybe its another marvel earth in the mutliverse? I thought thuderer was called wudjinin or something now.

Cant be the earth 7, thunderer is stil alive. And havok didn't kill them.

this was actually fun, i cant wait for issue 2

It was an OK issue, but... Batman bringing someone with literally zero combat training into a fight with a bunch of genocidal extra-dimensional powerhouses?
Why the fuck aren't the editors doing their fucking job? REEEEEE

Batman bringing someone with literally zero combat training into a fight
Sounds like Batman to me.

He didnt know they would be genocidal.

that has never happened

Fuck no.

Yeah, nothing in the panel mentions that he did or didn't kill them. Also, I don't think there's another marvel universe within the multiverse, is there?

>Killer Frost can just eternally feed on Lobo

Problem solved.