Firestar thread!

Firestar thread!

Post Firestars

ok

I like her a lot
probably Marvel's most underused girl

she had cancer, Jane should probably ask her for advice

even though she is a mutate, I always thought she should have been a mutant instead, her abilities seem to fit that more.

she recently set hell on fire while being a teacher for some X-Men even though she's distanced herself away from mutants her entire existence
she's a New Warrior and Avenger but no one remembered or cared

she was also recently in a shitty Spider-Man story recently with Iceman where she acted totally out of character as a SJW cunt because of bad writing

unf

Who has the movie rights to Firestar? Her canon debut was in Uncanny X-Men (argument for Fox), but she actually comes from a Spider-Man cartoon (argument for Sony) done by NBC (argument for Universal). And in said cartoon she was said to be a mutant member of the X-Men. And in the comics she's been part of the New Warriors and the Avengers.
Amusingly, Firestar only exists because the Human Torch's rights were tied up so they had to come up with a replacement.

I have everyone of her appearances
I could storytime some later this week but its late and Wednesday

She's also one of the few that I liked the idea that her powers were so powerful she could be the ultimate weapon, but it's slowly killing her. not enough people with serious drawbacks to their abilities.

kind of like tasky using all of his memory on recording other peoples abilities, losing personal memories.

fun little factoid, its not actually heat, but radiation and really underdeveloped/writers forget about it

Fox owns Mutants as a class, but they have to be specifically named in the deal, if she wasn't popular enough to be bought in 96', she may be in limbo but they usually go by her first comic appearance, so I'd argue Fox/Sony

I really liked her and Crystal
maybe I have a thing for long red hair in yellow jumpsuits

How do you set a place that's already on fire, on fire? Or maybe was it one of those non-fiery hells?

I was under the impression that Fox owned the movie rights to all things debuting in an X-Book (except Ka-Zar and the concept of the Savage Land) with some extra mutant-related things that debuted elsewhere that Fox must have asked for like Wolverine, Mystique, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai and for some fucking reason Viper.

technically it was limbo

That is why I said they owned the idea of Mutants as a class, which sounds about the same as what you put it, comic origins were how they divided up characters that had confusing/alternative origins.

not alot of good art of her

came to post this.

delet this

You know, I'm surprised that this 1990s look of hers has never gotten more love than it has. I always thought that it kind of embodied the best of what the 1990s aesthetic had to offer. Just enough accessories and flair to make it interesting without ludicrous belts and pouches all over the place. A striking, consistent colour scheme with high contrast. Bold lines and well-defined shapes. I liked everything about it. I get that it's kind of definitively a product of its time and might look out of place today, but I would argue that the same is true of Gambit's classic look, and he keeps coming back to that.

I love the mini where she is being trained with the Hellions by Emma

I would absolutely love that, user.

Cleavage ye or nay? I say ye

Nay, I like her form fitting suits, and I always kind of wished for a different mask.

what's wrong with her face

She's wearing a mask.

Cute

She seems like a character that was suppose to be bigger then what she was.

I loved her 90s design. That jacket/spandex combo is super cute and really stylish

They didn't know what to do with her that left her in limbo and on younger teams

fucking slott

Reeeee

Always loved me some Angelica. Wasn't she more powerful than people like Human Torch and Sunfire? She power a stargate, or some such.

Was there a scene where Tony and some other Avengers are trying to figure out who slept with her and Thor says "I may have"

W-what??
I demand proof!

Human Torch is a fire elemental, she's a radiation master

I'll do her mini, Marvel Divas and, her rescuing Iceman, some Spider-Man stories, a one-shot and a little of Busiek's Avengers
I'll skip New Warriors because its boring as fuck

She's pretty hot.

Hell yeah

How relevant was she during Aaron's Amazing X-Men?

Was it worth?

Aaron is a shit writer