What's the appeal? I see him referenced by comedians all of the time, but he isn't funny...

What's the appeal? I see him referenced by comedians all of the time, but he isn't funny. Is there any example of him being funny?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PmHCx8lCl8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4osvNHI1W1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>There she is, that's fun

he was frequently in the 80s, and actually seemed to be enjoying himself while being funny, but then something happened to make him loath himself and he lost the ability to be funny, and we were stuck with almost two decades of him being obviously miserable and putting on an act that was uncomfortable to watch.
t.early fan who can't stand to look at him for over 20 years now.

Imagine how shit and fake television was in the 80s and then seeing this.

youtube.com/watch?v=PmHCx8lCl8Y

I wasn't born in the 60s so can you give me the context?

Letterman during the bush administration was comfy af

I think liberals like him because he's clearly on their side

I always enjoyed Leno more but he gets shit on a ton, I think because he tried to be a centrist but leans more to the conservative side

>had a quick segment where Bush would screw up pronouncing something and move on
>current late night devotes entire blocks of the show to trump

Leno was better, it isn't just you

I never really found Leno that funny but I always liked his show the most, he and Kevin Eubanks had good chemistry.

you dont know who andy kaufman is?

Just don't bother you numale, go somewhere else.

he wasn't that funny but he was surrounded by funny people
youtube.com/watch?v=4osvNHI1W1M

Jay Leno was and still is a total piece of shit for agreeing to come back to the Tonight Show after he "retired". Fuckin dropped that guy after that shit.

Kevin was great.
I preferred Letterman though.

That was all Jeffrey Zucker's fault (who now happens to run CNN), that guy is total cancer to television.

Yeah great moments in presidential history, they would show all the great speeches from past presidents then it would show Bush stuttering like porky pig, shit was hilarious. It was just light ribbing as opposed to the obsessive hate agendas late show hosts are pushing these days.

They just don't understand subtlety like Letterman and Leno, especially Colbert since his whole career is built upon political stuff.
I actually had high hopes for Colbert taking over the Late Show since he was really funny on Whose Line but he's really lost his roots over the years.

Again, I wasn't born in the 60s. I saw the Carey movie but you really shouldn't be surprised that someone who is 30 years dead isn't well known. And I mean well enough to know the specifics of the gag. What makes that interview special?

Why the fuck does everything have to be LEFT vs. RIGHT? America is broken beyond repair.

We like categorizing stuff, and years and years of high fructose corn syrup has lead us to categorize based on only two separate criteria

well if you saw the movie then you should know the context behind the interview.

this may shock you but most people here werent born in the 60s. dont be a knob.

>funny 2D pic
>shitty 3D model
Just use the actual kid's picture. You redundant try hards.

He was counter culture in the '80s. Then he got old and stopped giving a fuck while cash was dumped by the truckload into his bank account.

We just need to fracture into separate countries or one side needs to be vanquished

56%