Anyone have that picture showing how similar the artstyles of various shows are these days...

Anyone have that picture showing how similar the artstyles of various shows are these days? The one with the face cutouts? I need it to prove a point.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TB90iDxOcIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You mean this? The butthurt this causes tumblrites is glorious.

>inb4 that image with HB characters as if anyone defends cheap HB cartoons

I don't understand the butthurt this image causes.
The bean-shaped head has been a staple of cartoons since the beginning.

Almost every animal-based Looney Toons character share the same head shape.
Almost every human-based Looney Toons character share the same head shape.

And with the humans its beans.
A bean is simply the easiest way to render a vaguely humanoid head without just making an oval and putting eyes on it.

This is basic rules of cartooning from the ancient fucking days of Winsor McCay and Preston Blair.

Why does it make people upset? Is Sup Forums that retarded?

True, but the fewer facial details and the simplified character outlines make the samey-ness more noticeable.

Anyway, the term CalArts is pretty stupid in of itself; most of the creators in the most common examples didn't even go to CalArts and, if anything, the blame should fall on the channels that pushed for these overly stylised designs. Why not call it something more appropriate, like "American Sameface" or its more appropriate term "Thin Line Animation-style"?

>tumblrites

Have you ever considered that you might be using words at random? What one thing even has to do with the other?

wtf i hate these cartoons now, why do they all have shapes in them

Also seriously, there are more significant criticisms to be made of those cartoons than a similar artstyle.

Eh, Tunblr style art has a lot more blushed, blocky noses and slightly more realistic head shapes.

Don't forget the horse teeth, massive lips, and elongated chins.

They really like oversizing those features, don't they? A backlash to animu styles, perhaps?

It's more like a love-hate relationship. Facial proportions tend to be very anime, but they'll inevitably smack some blush stickers, simplify the eyes or just add as many physical deformities they can in an attempt to seem different.

"Tumblrites" means "people i dont like/disagree with" in 4Chanese

fake style, doesn't exist. you made this up

i graduated from calarts ask me anything

Sup Forums has this completely wrong
CalArts is not the problem
Flash is

...I'm sorry, but Hitler's trigger discipline here really rustles my jimmies. You're making a good point and all but, Hitler, dude, booger hooker off the bang switch, man.

>Flash
Did you know Ernest and Celestine was made in Flash or similar digital tools? No? Well, now you do.

It's not the tools. It's the artist and the artstyle.

Doesn't that pic come from tumblr?

youtube.com/watch?v=TB90iDxOcIg

LOL

>similar digital tools
You're gonna have to be more specific, user. Digital inking is a fabulous thing, after all - and it looks nothing like Flash.

Go to hell, degenerate

It's not Flash, it's symbol-based animation. Which Flash is often used for, but it's not the only program that can use it. And Flash can be used for non-symbol-based animation. You could create an anime in Flash if you wanted.

symbol-based animation: 22 characters
Flash: 5 characters
Your semantics argument is irrelevant.
who even says that anyways

>showing how similar the artstyles of various shows are these days

Here you go

>show similarity in art styles
>uses shows with same creator

Over half the cartoons in that gif weren't made by Calarts grads tho

user...

The difference is that the animation was gorgeous, so you didn't care that Daffy and Bugs had the same body template because they still felt like two completely different characters and had great art, animation, and acting.

Now we have simple designs that barely move and it's fucking boring to look at, with the exception of Gumball and Wander. Just look at what a shit Magiswords is.

>Powerpuff Girls made by Craig McCracken
>Samurai Jack created by Genndy Tartakovsky

go fuck yourself!

It was made in TVPaint. The concepts were done in Flash for pitching purposes.

I'm pretty sure none of those shows use Flash.

Wait, that wasn't Dexter's Lab?
I know when I'm beaten.

Oh yeah, I remember.

That was the one with the 6 Dipper Silhouettes, right?

What is this image supposed to tell me?

Doesn't matter. Everyone likes to shit on California, these evil bastards. With their vegan foods, and their colourful marches that don't even have any casualties, and their net positive contribution to federal budgets, and their slightly left of center views...

Doesn't have to be right if it triggers self righteousness

That's the mystery

who are the first and last?

star and sans undertale

>Anime has more variety now
Where did it all go so terribly wrong.

Why most of the characters nowadays have small pupils from their eyes?

>tfw from california but don't follow any of these customs or share the typical view

jack becomes the professor when he kills aku and changes history

>slightly left of center views
>three-strikes law applies to misdemeanors
>possibly the strictest AoC laws in the West