Here is how to make your very own "lol relatable" webcomic

Here is how to make your very own "lol relatable" webcomic
Just follow these simple steps:

>Be as broad as possible with all of your situations
>Don't give your self insert character any flaws besides "awkward" and "quirky"
>Explicitly say these traits out to the readers instead of showing it through actions
>Every other character besides your self insert character should just be a cutesy icon or featureless humanoid with what they are supposed to represent written on them
>Talk about serious stuff like crippling anxiety and depression in a very light and broad way as to be applicable to both actually depressed people and people who think depressed = sad
>Use chibi or generic Tumblr artstyle

And there you have it. If you follow these simple steps you'll be on Imgur front page in no time.

So, what are some of the most cliche, I mean, best examples you can find of this Sup Forums?

I'm sure you mean well, but I don't really want to have this thread.

>be reasonable
>get eaten alive by your audience

Sounds fun. Let me try.

I'm a really shitty artist, and there's 0 effort behind this anyway, but it's the feelings behind it that counts.

Cucks gonna git cucked
Remember - they deserved this timeline

10/10, show me your twitter/tumblr/patreon.

The worst part is he apologized and said he was wrong.

where do I sign up for your patreon?????????????

That's on the same level of apologizing to the refugee who raped you.

Do you have to make these threads every day?

We get it, you hate people that are sad. At least use a trip so I can filter you easier.

Can you even call them "webcomics"? Or "characters"? They're just short little cartoons that are meant to be funny, not these ongoing stories.

Go back and look at old Sup Forums rage comics with generic stick figure anons, I bet you've laughed at hundreds of those yet all the complaints you have also apply to them.

Basically you're just whining that something you don't find funny is popular.

ive no problen with comics like these. its more the frequency than anything.
anyone read his other comic? its got a nice premise but it all seems wasted

You are making a lot of assumptions based on a post never mentioned rage comics.

Good.

Now add a panel in which Sleep is raping him.

VIDEOGAMES!

>Another Sup Forums thread obnoxiously deriding rl8able comics

I don't know, I sort of like them. I have laughed out loud at a few owlturd comics, albeit I think they're not much more than something for my twitter feed.

he was wrong. False equivalence. When was the last time anyone of note unironically and publicly advocated white genocide. Richard Spencer leads a movement that advocates genocide and ethnic cleansing. Saying that a feminist shouting "kill all white men" is as grave as Richard Spencer's shit is just blatantly wrong and advocation a Nazism.

Okay, now where do I go to receive my money and attention?

artstyle isn't cute enough.

wtf I love owlturd n--

>The worst part is he apologized and said he was wrong.

man why'd he cucked out like that

You keep making these. Are you bitter because your web comic isn't taking off or is this just how you are getting though you ageist teen phase by bitching about web comics?

Most people seem to like them.

The complains here are always quite stupid.

>baaawwww people are making content that doesn't cater to meeeeee
>they're producing content and some people like it, it's not fairrrrrr I could produce content like that and even though I don't put anything out ever, that popularity should belong to meeeee

why the fuck do people give a shit? Yes, somewhere in the world someone is producing cliche low effort stuff that people find amusing and want to pay for. So what? They found a niche and a market and are catering for it, good for them

I don't follow the creator but that comic is fine for how it works and the punch line. It's more clever than those depression comics he has made.

>there's hate speech and hate speech
>whether or not "kill all members of group x " is hate speech or not depends on the race of those people
>because different races should be treated differently by the law and have different rights

really

Oh Sup Forumsumblr, you never case to live up to your reptuation.

>bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww stop criticizing this thing I like

why the fuck do people give a shit? Yes, somewhere in the world someone is criticizing cliche low effort stuff that people find amusing and want to pay for. So what?

You do know that short of your chibi and featureless humanoid, you are describing Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, Winnie the Pooh, and countless others.
Hell Farside meets that criteria at times

In fairness OP isn't really framing a discussion so much as just being strangely passive aggressive with it. So he either has a chip on his shoulder or is thirsty for (You)s

Got a genuine chuckle out of me

I don't think you read that right. lets see if I can simplify it for you. There are varying degrees of tolerable. Saying "Kill all white men." is wrong. even when said ironically. however Actually preaching fucking genocide and ethnic cleansing is far more severe. saying "kill all whites" or "fuck white people" just makes you an edgy retard like that kid who thought he was hot shit for realizing he could say "fuck niggers" and nothing would happen. It's nowhere near the same connotations as genocidal ideology and implying it is is just ignorance.

>they disagree with me so they're my boogeyman
man that horseshoe curves so well.

On a certain gook underground resistance cave.

>I heard a centrist friend of mine mention horseshoe so I'll toss it out there hoping I use it right.

What you're saying it literally the definition of bias.

Kill are whites = bad = kill all blacks
Kill all men = bad = kill all women

It's the same shit.
The moment you start jumping through loops to justify one or the other as not as bad is when you hit, you know, genuine bigotry.

are you trying to be dumb

those comics involve characters and a life perspective, anyone with basic drawing ability can make this

>Saying "Kill all white men." is wrong. even when said ironically
>tfw user literally can't read
>literally uses the most common misused SJW buzzword and will deny he isn't on the other side of the horseshoe
Can't make this shit up. Let's see if I can dumb it down further. saying "kill all X" is wrong, however it is less severe than actually preaching the genocide or ethnic cleansing of X. like if I were to hit you with a soccer bopper or with an actual bat. It's wrong to hit you either way but if you think you should see a doctor over the soccer bopper you're an idiot. If you still can't get this and think it's just "you're saying it's only wrong when I do it! how come blacks can get away with it!? I'm the victim!" even when using a neutral race you may just be retarded.

>"kill all X" is wrong, however it is less severe than actually preaching the genocide or ethnic cleansing of X.

Oh...
So you just don't know what genocide means.

I'm saying they are the same thing. You're a fucking idiot who just doesn't know what fucking genocide means. When you say "I want to kill all (x)" that is literally saying "I want to commit genocide"

Genocide means to wipe out an entire group of people.

You're just bias in saying "I-it's not as bad because you know reasons" when on an objective factual one hundred percent no room for interpretation level it is calling for genocide.

Oh you stupid fuck. Okay user, so have you ever made someone mad and they say "I'm going to kill you". Those are called "empty words.". I thought that'd be obvious but I didn't take into account that you may have autism. Sorry about that.

>It's empty words when I say they are but not empty words when I say they're not

Try again.

Sup Forumsmblr loves comics like this so you're kind of barking up the wrong tree by making a thread about ridiculing them.

He's right you know.

>however Actually preaching fucking genocide
most SJWs actually do this though

No you don't get it
when they do it, it's just silly empty words
but when people like richard spencer does it, its super serious

quit samefagging fuckface

Lolol. Don't be so cute. Nobody actually unironically asks for white genocide. They're just trying to provoke racists into showing their true colours.

>those comics involve characters and a life perspective
That is what was posted in the OP.

no it's not?

>black supremacists

2017 was supposed to be the year this owlturd "haha look at me i'm such a depressed loser man i wish i was dead haha lol am i mature and deep or what" shit died

what happened?

yeah cause he does it for like his job and shit

>only one person can disagree with me

Nobody actually unironically asks for black genocide. They're just trying to provoke racists into showing their true colours.

Of course he did.

Parodying his comics is a concept that's as worn out as the comics themselves.

not really tho

people seeing owlturd as the monotonous one-trick pony he is is a recent development

>kill all x doesn't really mean kill all x, it's just empty rhetoric and thus okay
>hate speech is totally okay when it can be claimed they didn't REALLY mean it

That sort of mindset tends to lead to mounting tensions and increasingly harder and harder rhetoric that eventually lead to actual violence though. Propaganda that agitates people into hating or acts of violence or "commonly accepted" phrases and ideas tends to lead to dehumanizing "the other", at least a bit, which makes violent conflict more likely

When you say that someone is wrong for pointing out the connection between saying "kill all x" and advocating the killing of certain groups, just because of what race x are, as if that ethnic groups deserves to be derided because of sociopolitical reasons, it's essentially saying that various races should be treated differently

Alright, what's next?

And it's already played out. None of it is clever anymore

see Man you guys don't interact much do you.

>Person X actively preaches that all of race Y should be killed, encourages people to think of ways to exterminate race Y, religiously spreads the notion of the removal of race Y to others, extermination of race Y is his endgame.
>this is as severe as someone at a protest saying "kill all of race Z". It's unknown if they even really mean it or if they're just making an ironic statement, or if they're just over emotional.
An example of this is that one retard at the trump rally who was spouting "JEW ES AY JEW ES AY, GET IT CAUSE WE'RE ALL RUN BY THE JEWS!" the following day when questioned he said he was just being retarded in the moment. is that man literally hitler or is he just retard?
Either you have powerful autism and can't pick up on social connotations or your fees fees are hurt when someone says it so you feel they are literally hitler. I don't know and I don't care. fact of the matter is that it was false equivalence, a better analogy would be would be "would you punch richard spencer if he were a black supremacist, female suprmacist.". but he didn't, he compared it to something less severe to downplay how bad spencer is. so he was wrong.

Find me someone of note, and I don't mean some retard on a small twitter/tumblr blog actually /unironically/ preaching genocide. I'll wait. it's like saying all of the right are white supremacists because retards on Sup Forums lurk on the edge.

>Read comic
>"For a webcomic, that's actually pretty clev-"
>He calls HIMSELF ableist
"Ableist" would be making fun of quadriplegics with deliberate malice, or taking away the walking stick a blind person uses. Making fun of people for trying to claim they can't be included when they can with a little effort on their part isn't fucking ableist. If I had to pick a buzzword to describe that comic, I would have suggested 'privilege' because at least it makes sense- a circle can easily move through a square-sized hole if it shares a diameter/height, so making the hole square-shaped wouldn't make it any harder for circles.

Holy shit.

Is this really what you think?

What the fuck are we doing as a race to deserve hypocrisy and stupidity to this degree.
(And I mean humans in general)

That's not an actual argument champ. Good to know, prefer when you practically forfeit instead of fruitlessly making shit up.

Terrible, and I don't mean the art.

The concept went to shit on the third panel, the delivery was terrible, and due to laziness you missed on having sleep murder productivity. To make matters worst you cover yourself by saying "I didn't really put any effort on it", which is pretty much the most standard form of cowardice.

0/10, would not flatter pointlessly to inflate and ego.

Alright, that's funny.

>fees fees are hurt when someone says it
literally Sup Forums in a nutshell

"It seems perfunctory to point out the hypocrisy of building a movement and a career on the back of insulting people — Muslims, migrants, women, people of color — while nursing a hair-trigger sensitivity to any personal attack you haven’t pre-approved. That hypocrisy, though, does not appear self-evident to anyone within this movement, because a fundamental tenet of far-right pro-trolling is that it’s only other people’s feelings that are frivolous. Their own feelings, by contrast, including the capacity to feel shame when they’re held accountable for their actions, are so momentous that infringing them is tantamount to censure, practically fascism in and of itself. These are men, in short, who have founded an entire movement on the basis of refusing to handle their emotions like adults."

There is not really a need for an argument when your own argument is "Fascism is right if it is the kind of fascism I am OK with", with a few extra words.

Honestly, if you were looking for another you, here you go, but that's it for me.

See you

Everyone please note this post, this is a prime example of someone who lacks critical thought.

>Group A does thing
>Group B does same thing
>I treat group A different for doing the thing, because enforce my own bias of view on it, while not doing the same for B

"It is unknown if these people actually mean what they say because it doesn't fit my narrative, we will add an element of uncertainty in an attempt to give it some defensive breathing room"

"But when they people say the same thing, because it fits my narrative they should be without a doubt be believed and should be picked through with a fine comb so we can attack said group"

When you ignore the author's intended meaning, the comic seems to be mocking disabled people who don't want to do the same things non-disabled people do because it takes more effort for them.

kys

>chrome

What a pleb.

>when questioned he said he was just being retarded in the moment

Yeah, I'm sure all those feminists tweeting #whitegenocide don't really mean it and are just being ironic for teh lulz..

no it doesnt, it mocks people who want to be a special snowflake instead of getting shit done.

Women don't even need to tweet it, they vote for it.

>They're just trying to provoke racists into showing their true colours.

The only people who would react poorly to "kill all !" are really racists themselves?

That's a fucking stretch. You don't seem to understand basic social interaction. Deadpan sarcasm only works when you have context and rapport. If you walk up to some random person on the street and say, "I'm going to kill you." You should certainly not expect the reaction to be "oh, haha, what a kidder!" When you make a "kill 'em all" joke in a public forum, the only people who will immediately get the joke are those who know that's a joke you'd make.

Getting defensive when someone on the internet blurts out "kill all whites" is a normal human reaction, not limited to racists.

Maybe we cab talk about the REAL cause of outrage at such comments: even if both parties are joking, the one who says "kill all blacks" is the one who loses his job, while the guy who says "kill all whites" needs to be apologized to.

>something as severe as saying fuck niggers on Sup Forums is facism to you
hurt fee fees it is.

>explicitly point out that it's an issue of severity and not an group A and B thing in this post and the one before
>even offer a real world example where someone on the right did something retarded but not severe.
>t "you're saying it's only wrong when I do it! how come blacks/ess jay dubyas can get away with it!? I'm the victim!"
Now you're just refusing to read. or you're retarded. either way You've completely missed my point and started arguing against a strawman. So I win.

> all those feminists tweeting #whitegenocide don't really mean it and are just being ironic for teh lulz
I mean find me a time where #whitegenocide was trending with actual genocidal ideology and not because a bunch of people were making fun of the outlandish idea of a white genocide/

What does that even mean? Get shit done = do the same things non-disabled people do, of course.

Normally, I would say that the intent is obviously clear from its presentation, but given that this is the Internet we're talking about, it's only a matter of odds until someone makes the mistake and it blows up because overreacting is one of the only things the Web is competent at.

The people who react poorly to "kill all white people" are in fact racists who believe in a conspiracy of white genocide. And if they aren't, tend to be the types who get uncomfortable when people criticise white privilege and say work needs to be done to curb racism against non-whites.

To be honest, I don't like this kind of comics either, and I think it's actually really bad that they have spread so much. Complaining of your flaws, in the form of predending to be ironic all the time is actually not very healthy. I can't tell to what extent, but I can tell that what people who actually like these comics are looking for is validation. And it's just a non-end circle.

I have this friend in tumblr who is that guy, and she used to complain about her problems followed by a "lol OTL", and all I wanted was to just talk about her problems but she would just never dare. I dunno. I think most people who aren't on tumblr just shrug on what is boiling there, but I tihnk it actually is very problematic for some people and it makes me sad.

Why are people so ass blasted by this comic? I mean I don't think it's amazing, but man do you guys go outta your way to be angry with it. Do you check everyday to see if a new one was posted so you can download it and post it on an anonymous image board, just so you can cry about it? I don't get it.

You know people can respond negatively to something without being mad, right user?

If you replaced 'white people' with 'Jews' and publically posted that statement, I guarantee you you'd be kicked off of any site that requires an e-mail address to use.
Reacting badly to "Kill all X" is a sign of basic human decency, not conspiracy.

>I mean find me a time where #whitegenocide was trending

So it's okay to call for white genocide as long as it's not trending. Got it.

And this is the point where I saw the bait for what it is.

>white privilege
Opinion discarded.

kys

This fact you only see this kind of "bait" on Sup Forums shows how awful this board is.

You can't say "Ess jay dubya's are calling for white genocide" when you can't even find a time where it was trending in their hivemind. Maybe one or two nutjobs are advocating white genocide on tumblr. I mean it wouldn't be surprising. however if you believe that it's some mass SJW agenda then that's just your victim complex.

user, you must not browse any other boards. This is some basic level bait.

>>explicitly point out that it's an issue of severity and not an group A and B thing in this post and the one before
Last I checked, both groups were advocating for their respective ideologies by complaining on forums, websites, and twitter. At the very least, this is the most common example I can think of; I do remember seeing a "kill whitey" sign or something to that effect, though I probably misread it.

Never the less, both groups are doing the same thing. I'd even go as far as saying the left is the greater offender, if only by the sheer number of supporters.

>if you ignore the comics intent and apply my opinion, you'll see that I'm right

>If you ignore how most people on Sup Forums interpret the comic and only consider the artists badly conveyed intention, it's fine

>how most people on Sup Forums

yeah, no. This isn't a right vs left thing, you're letting your petty party bias blind you. Richard Spencer and his elk are literal Nazis in everything but name. They do the salute at events and everything. Spencer once posed the notion that we should consider a black genocide and wondered what would be the most efficient way to do so. That's a big leap in severity from tards on niche twitter and tumblr fucking around and a kill whitey sign you MIGHT have saw.

H didn't say it was good or right to have that interpretation, only that he could figure how someone could form it.

>"people"

OP seems pretty mad.

It isnt something to get worked up over.

>comparing Genocide advocates to Genocide advocates is false equivalence
Are you pretending to be retarded? That's not how you use false equivalence.

read the thred bucko. in fact I don't expect you to be smart enough to do so, so that's addressed