You guys like this?

You guys like this?

It's pretty great.

Have heard good things.

I've read it and really like it just seen it discussed

Well then, it's probably my favourite crime comic series. It's up there with 100 Bullets and Sin City, but it's more grounded in reality than those two. It's Goodfellas compared to The Godfather, grittier and more fucked up.
I haven't read it since it went to Image, not because of a quality dip as far as I've seen it's kept it's quality but because I can't find the damn trades. I should really re-read the older stuff, now that I know the plot the Amy Racecar stuff will make more sense.

Sunshine and Roses is great.
>I can't find the damn trades
Same though I haven't hunted on Amazon but I'd rather if my local place had them

I'm probably just gonna hop on Amazon and buy Killers. I'm really excited to read more, the last volume was fantastic. I thought that switching from regular crime shit too highschool drama would suck, but goddamn there was some great shit that arc. Lapham does fucked up people really well, and all of the characters feel unique.

Sup Forums doesn't appreciate it as much as they should. It has been storytimed by Dave before, though. There's still no S&R trades.

Cause Virginia is absolutely one of my favorite comic characters ever. The shit that girl has gone through but still maintains a good head on her shoulders is amazing.

Is Lapham's Crossed stuff any good?

>Is Lapham's Crossed stuff any good?

Hell the fuck no.

Sunshine and Roses was great...but it needs to fucking end soon.

It's Crossed, so... no, not really.
I remember he was writing Ferals for Avatar and that was kinda interesting, Werewolf rape cults and wild shit like that. Don't know if it's ever coming back.

It's good when the author wants.

>mfw still waiting for the Ferals finale
How many years already?

>It's Crossed, so... no, not really.

I say there's different levels of Crossed.
Not to derail the thread, but some are really good.
But...Lapham's is near the bottom of the barrel, especially in light of how great stuff like Stray Bullets and Young Liars is.

There's like, three of four good Crossed arcs. And even then, most of those are more "Crossed Good" than regular good. They're good if you like Crossed.
Also, back on topic, what's everyone's favourite story in Stray Bullets? There's some real great ones in there, but for some reason the little one-off about the kind of hen-pecked husband who accidentally kills some thug and suddenly comes into his own and starts enjoying life is great. There's just something so bizarre and humorous about that bit.
I always like how Lapham gives seemingly inconsequential characters their own stories like that.

Unrelated, but any of you read Lapham's Batman? Heard it's underrated.

I felt so horrible for Joey when Spanish Scott locked him in the car trunk so he could fuck the babysitter.

Joey had a hard life....

it's boring and confusing

I still absolutely love that issue with one of the cops imagining a whole story about wooing his partner's wife.

Joey's one of those characters that just fucks with me whenever he shows up. He's such a weird, creepy guy, and as you start to realize why he's like that it's pretty freaky.
Orson's still my favourite character I think, just because of how he starts out being just kind of a shut in loser and becomes... shit, what does he become? I mean, he grows some serious balls but he never really loses that earlier polite suburbanite boy character. That's probably why I like him so much.
Also, I like that Spanish Scott is indirectly responsible for how fucked up Orson, Joey and Virginia's lives got.

That was wild.

>Spanish Scott
I think he was killed too early. At least there's still Monster

Cool beans

Monster is fucking great, just the fact that he looks like a kind of bookish nerd but is built like a tank is fantastic.
Due to the way that Stray Bullet's story jumps around, there's still potential for more Spanish Scott stories at least.

Full on wild man Orson in the beginning of Sunshine and Roses was such a delight to behold.

His debut issue still remains my number one favorite just for it's ending.

I love the series, I was fortunate enough to meet David Lapham a couple years back at a comic convention. He was seated right next to Rick Remender (who I was originally there for, and had a pretty Damn long line). When I finally reached Rick and had him sign some stuff, I asked him what's something I can read that's really influenced his writing style? Then Rick kind of laughed and pointed to Lapham next to him (who, sadly, had no line)

>Have you ever read Stray Bullets?
>uuuh No? I've heard of it though (lying of course).
>tell you what, you buy a trade or omnibus from Dave here, and if you don't like it just email me and I will gladly repay you what you spend.

David kind of laughed, I asked him about his series and got to know him a little bit. I noticed he was drawing in one of his big books, It was the huge Stray Bullets omni. After I talked to the guy, I knew I had to check it out so I went and bought the omni from David and never looked back. A part of me wishes it was a bad read, just so I could email Rick Remender and have him repay me the $60 or $80 haha.

I'm at work right now, but if there's any intrest, when I get home tonight I can post the picture David drew in my omni.

Hell yeah that's sick

It's one of the best Batman stories.

It's my favourite run of all time.

Is Baltimore really that much of a shithole?
The Wire and a good deal of Stray Bullets take place there and in them both it's nothing but death and drugs.

I mean, if you go to the bad parts of Baltimore yeah.

Yeah. You remember Hamsterdam? that's an actual initiative the mayor proposed. It didn't go through in real life though. Chicago is trying to give them a run for their money nowadays though.

AAAHAHAHAHA