there's too much capeshit, not enough actionkino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gd-zJJZEJjw
youtube.com/watch?v=5wf5YKv3Zyg
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-xOaU4I8Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=G5xAbp1SW5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>actionkino

Your opinion doesn't matter, user. Your opinion will never matter.

Ukrainian ben affleck is based

Scott Adkins is based as fuck. Easily my favorite action star currently, shame he isn't more famous so his movies could actually have a budget.

desu it is because the jew, you see? soyboys, numales, cucks --lol, where is the action hero? i despair for this generation.... i rlly rlly do. where art thou men of old? a wise man once said "SORT YOURSELF OUT" another wise man also once said "NOT AN ARGUMENT" and desu in truth men are boys and just wanna become girls and it's gay and it's because of the jews. anyway i'm gonna go play some bideo game ;P seeya

fucking disney

That's what UFC is for. Nobody gives a shit otherwise because capeshit is actually difficult to make unlike other genres which don't require the same level of competence to even function.

Is based Scott Adkins single-handedly bringing this shit back from a Western point of view? Great on-screen fighter. I like Michael Jai White too but he seems to have gone off a bit.

Who's that?

you think Conor could become an actor? He might not have much range but if he just played a version of himself he could become a pretty great action star. He already has the audience.

Bisping was surprisingly not bad in xxx3 and he'll be in Triple Threat with Scott

>80s/90s style action heroes
>Scott Adkins

I don't even...

>we need capeshit by another name
You just don't get it user

BOYKA! BOYKA!

How hype are you guys for Triple Threat?

MJW is great but he's already 50 and he doesn't really have any good movies besides Undisputed 2, Black Dynamite and Blood & Bone. Scott's movies are easily the best DTV action movies, he's much better at picking projects than MJW.

if you don't get it why are you posting here anyway?

True he is a better fighter than the likes of JCVD and Seagal, but the films he stars in are quite similar.

Jai is too old for heavy action roles he can play a mentor or something or do an Expendables type movie but know physical combat and shit

This guy shouldve been cast as deathstroke

Those actions movies were literally the capeshit of the 80s. I don't why Sup Forums hates capeshit but defends all those old cheesy action movies, they're no different than the supperhero flicks of today
>generic plots
>forced romances
>awful dialogue that mostly consists of quips
>one dimensional characters
>protagonist can withstand all kinds of bullshit

gonna be kino. Tony Jaa needs to come back hard. SPL 2 was great but I miss leading man Tony.

The fighting style is completely different. JCVD makes fun of this himself in the pilot of is new series.

Do you wanna try that one again user?

My point was exactly the opposite, people watch UFC becuase it's real. Movies are not real, we want movies to be way more absurd and crazy and awesome with flying and shit tons of special effects becuase movies are supposed to be way more elaborate than just real life.

Besides in this age of technology, any really dedicated crew could easily make an indie film that could break out into success maybe if the passion is really there.

Jason Statham has helped too lmao.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gd-zJJZEJjw

Honestly I think MJW can still do it. He's in really good shape. Donnie Yen is in his 50's and he still kicks ass.

Back in the day JCVD was very athletic on-screen, similar to Scott Adkins. Adkins takes a lot of inspiration from Van Damme.

He's friends with Gareth and both of them have said they need to work together. If he actually directs Deathstroke I could see him casting Scott as the villain but it comes down to the studio, they'll want a bigger name and somebody who cant fight.

Statham is fucking great but most directors dont know how to use him

yeah but Jai is all muscle not sure which he's spending more time on Donnie has been doing this shit since he was a kid so he used to it at least for another few years then he'll slowly go like Jackie Chan sadly

JCVD is literally his favorite actor

Kicking technique is great. I love him tbqh.

youtube.com/watch?v=5wf5YKv3Zyg

So was Jackie Chan, that doesn't make their action styles similar.

I agree that 90s action was cash but Scott isn't a valid example for it. He's an example of a newer style of MMA coreography that's a lot more technical than 90s action..

I want to see Eric Jacobus make it big so bad. He's a great actor and a great fighter but nobody puts him in the fucking movies.

his shorts are fucking gold, I swear I'm not a shill

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-xOaU4I8Ys

youtube.com/watch?v=G5xAbp1SW5c

He's the one who does those bits displaying videogame character combos right? I love his stuff

are the new Kickboxer movies any good?

He was pretty good in the furious movies no lie

Why was this allowed?

the end fight was great

I liked everyone but the main actor so I didn't even finish the movie GSP and Batista were fun

Ninja Shadow of a Tear is so fucking good. Adkins needs to make another movie with Florentine again

rain was busy

I have watched Undisputed 3 like 15 times and it gets me so pumped up every time. The ending is genuinely emotional, i love the bromance between Turbo and Boyka.

What? It was ok!

maybe it's because he cannot act?

people who watch martial arts movies made after the year 2000 are fucking faggots

sure he can. about as good as Statham, not gonna win an Oscar but he can act well enough to be a believable action star. People who say Adkins can't act haven't watched Universal Solider Day of Reckoning or Eliminators, probably his best performances. and in Undisputed 4 you can tell he's a fucking movie star, he's just way above everybody else in the cast.