Why is Arcade showing up so much lately? Was he recently featured in AoS...

Why is Arcade showing up so much lately? Was he recently featured in AoS? Does he have a movie appearance coming up or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sadLPDflhl0
mediafire.com/folder/nvugp7nbtcuto/Arcade's_Greatest_Hits
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigga is just a good pinch hitter for a quick gimmick that can last one or two issues (or even an entire series about killing teenagers if you need).

I mean, shit, you aren't making this thread about the god damn Wrecking Crew, but the same question could be asked of them.

Get the fuck out of here, faggot.

He'd actually be a pretty cool villain for the Netflix Defenders

What else has he been in lately since Avengers Undercover and that one-shot Hellcat story?

Outside of Hopeless using him as a scapegoat for his Battle Royale ripoff, Arcade's almost always been used as a fun one and done story villain. He shows up, throws the heroes into a wacky, convoluted deathtrap, and then retreats to repeat the process another day while saying he had fun regardless. Hopeless turned him into a mopey laughingstock who thought he'd get in good with the bad guy big leagues by forcing teens to murder one another.

No clue, but I've been stumbling upon him more and more. Like that fanfic about Shocker that came out ages ago, I'm reading it now and guess what, Arcade is in it.

Hold on. Was Arcade ever in anything? I can't remember if X-Men TAS even had a single Arcade episode. I don't think it did.
Either way, fuck you, because your reminded me of Arena.

Arcade's probably my favorite Marvel villain, so I'm always down to check out his appearances. Has he been in something recently besides that Hellcat with the cutesy artstyle?

He's been in both Gwenpool and Elektra this month

And Murderworld was a part of the last issue of U.S. Avengers

Ooo. Is he tied up with the X-Men? Because if not...

Aside from two AU versions in X-Men Evolution and Ultimate Spider-Man, who are entirely new characters using the name "Arcade", I'm pretty sure he's never had an animated appearance.

Outside that, he's been in at least three video games that I'm aware of - X-Men/Spider-Man: Arcade's Revenge, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. I'm a little disappointed that he's not been in either Lego Marvel game because Lego Murder World would probably be a blast to play in.

>tfw making Sup Forums cry is a reason why Arcade's being used more recently

>cutesy artstyle?

Where was he in Shattered Dimensions?

Arena is exactly why you shouldn't let a fanboy write their favourite character. Especially because the payoff was "Lol Arcade wins"

>He's been in both Gwenpool and Elektra this month
>And Murderworld was a part of the last issue of U.S. Avengers

into the trash...

he's a great adaptable villain with a cool gimmick.

Gwenpool's latest issue and he's in the Elektra book that started today, off the top of my head.

how did i miss him in USAvengers? fill me in

It reminds me of those religious kids cartoons shown in the US in the 80s, like Superbook and The Flying House, where it was obviously animated in Japan. I literally only read it for Arcade and have no idea if the rest of the series looks like that.

That's the multiverse one, right? I read somewhere that he was either the Ultimate or 2099 boss, forcing Spider-Man to participate in a Running Man-esque Murder World gladiator fight.

That was Ultimate Deadpool, that's who I figured you might have confused him for.

Ah, here's what I was thinking of:
>A Marvel 2099 version of Arcade appears as one of the main villains in the Nintendo DS version of Spider-Man: Edge of Time, voiced by Jim Cummings.[45] He control a game cyber-arena in the year 2099 to hunt down and destroy heroes in front of a live-audience. He seeks to challenge Spider-Man (who is stranded in the year 2099), but is defeated.

Man that sounds interesting, why was that relegated to the DS version?

>voiced by Jim Cummings
Huh. I'd never have thought of him as sounding like Cummings. Always imagined him as more along the lines of a chipper Alan Tudyk, if I had to put it into words.

Anyway, he shows up in this video starting at 2:46:
>youtube.com/watch?v=sadLPDflhl0

Gwenpool

>Always imagined him as more along the lines of a chipper Alan Tudyk
Someone call a casting agent because holy shit that's perfect.

Fuck that is terrible and making arcade a chick just doesn't work for him

>making arcade a chick just doesn't work for him
He just has eye make-up, presumably to blend in with the carnival atmosphere of the park area.

Explain how "he" became longface Ms. Frizzle on the Gwenpool cover then. I don't think eye make up covers that.

Tumblr. He still doesn't have tits so he's a dude.

>it's science I ain't gotta explain shit

It's 2017 shitlord not all women have breasts. Hell even if it wasn't the current year "he" might just be binding them or have A cups.

Looks like the artist here is going with his "updated" look from Arena/Undercover where he had Fabio hair, despite his classic look being used in more recent appearances like and .

He'd make a good villain for New Mutants. They could do hunger games better than hunger games. I mean, Id love to see a new mutants movie with a Running Man kind of feel. Arcade is fun.

If he's not with x-men, then...... is he with spider-man?

> Micronauts
what did he rebuild Murderworld in an Altoids tin

His updated look and those creepy Shield Necromancers are the only good things to come out of Arena/Undercover.

Even then, his look seems to be the only thing that has been around since. No one from that book aside from Arcade and Zemo has been seen after it happened.

He tried to digitize the the X-Men into a video game following, I think, his pseudo-villain team-up with Dr. Doom, but the beam he sent out hit the Micronauts indtead as they were traveling in some airborne fashion and he just decided to roll with it as a test for his intended target.

Elektra #1

He's a filler villain, when you can't think of anything better just trap everyone in a crazy funhouse with cool traps. Easy to write and fun to read.

The big problem with Arcade is that Arcade is murderworld, ergo his gimmick is basically once per run, with new attractions and prizes every time.

Any links for some of these?

Maybe it's part of some contract

As a matter of fact...

mediafire.com/folder/nvugp7nbtcuto/Arcade's_Greatest_Hits

Ive literally only heard about Arcade because of that one Gwenpool thread. Hes flown under my radar until then, and Im curious if he actually has fans

As I mentioned earlier, he's my favorite Marvel villain and has been since I first saw him in Excalibur as a kid. What Hopeless did with him notwithstanding, he's a fairly easygoing villain with a sense of sportsmanship and fair play who's happy to laugh off a loss so long as he had fun in the process. He's not out to rule the world - he just wants to build wacky contraptions, abduct a few heroes, and make a day of it.

Hopeless threw all that out when he tried to play off his sense of sportsmanship as a crutch to sooth his ego while being the laughingstock of the criminal world for never actually killing anyone. That of course led to him forcing kids into a drawn out deathmatch, only to later be mocked again for said idea having being implemented at the hands of his new assistant who betrayed him to Zemo. The funny thing about giving his assistant all the credit is that Arcade's always been one to design his Murderworlds while having contractors or lackeys build them and it was no different in Arena, with Miss Coriander stating that she "built everything to his specifications", but Zemo and company bashed him and said that she was the true "genius" behind Arena's events and welcomed her into the fold. I think Hopeless just needed to make him look even more pathetic and didn't care if it contradicted his own story along the way.

He's a pretty famous villain, pretty much everyone has fought him at one time or another.

>is he with spider-man?
>mfw Homecoming's stinger is Arcade viewing various footage of Spidey and Captain Britain on a wall of monitors in a dimly-lit control room

If it were to have a Running Man feel it wouldn't be Arcade it would have to be Mojo.

So what you're telling me is that he got cucked in this Hopeless guy's stuff?

And relatively budget friendly.

It's actually not to far off.

When he teams up with villains like Dr doom he tried to act big and was mocked for it.

If anything, hopeless did to Arcade what that one writer always does to Dr Doom, actually.

I want a DC/Marvel crossover where Arcade and Joker team up.

>When he teams up with villains like Dr doom he tried to act big and was mocked for it.
Arcade only offered Doom his help with the X-Men (anonymously alerted to Doom's presence as a means for Arcade's associates to extract him from Doom's clutches) to half-heartedly make amends for previously converting one of Doom's unused castles into a death trap for Toad who sought revenge against the X-Men. Upon failing to kill his target and later realizing that he had no money to pay Arcade's fee, Toad took Angel's advice to turn the place into a theme park called "Toad World". Doom angrily reclaimed the property and kidnapped Arcade, only for him to play the whole thing off and act chummy with him, much to Doom's chagrin. He purposely annoyed the hell out of Doom, going so far as to strike a match on his armor to light a cigar (which was later retconned through a plot twist capitalized by writers to curtail any instances of less-than-Doom-like behavior by claiming that it was just a Doombot acting in his absence).

>Not Arcade and Riddler
>Not Arcade and Toy Man
>Not Arcade and Roulette
>Arcade and fucking Joker

>Not Arcade and Riddler
During the 90s Marvel vs DC event, they did a series of trading cards featuring match-ups both in and out of the comics. One of those was Riddler vs Arcade (though it was the scarred version from Wolverine/Gambit).

Personally, I think he and Trickster might hit it off fairly well.

I feel like a fit hey casual for not adding trickster to that list..