Why does the media continue to promote Weed in their films?

Why does the media continue to promote Weed in their films?

It’s probably the most overrated experience of my life

some girls just cant handle their weed

I don't know man. Maybe, just maybe people enjoy something that you don't enjoy. Also, congrats on outing yourself as a 16 year old who just smoked his first joint.

Holy shit this so much. After being used to the total metal experience of getting drunk for years, smoking weed felt like some sort of short lived helium high. How much of a pussy do you have to be to think that this shit is in any way "hard"?

>Jefferson Airplane starts playing
>fish eye lense scenes
>"tripping"

DUDE

>handling weed
The riskiest thing about weed is that you'll eat all junk food in the house. I'm sure you guys thought you were edgy back when it was actually illegal but now you can pick it up in the same strip malls that sell beauty products and medical supplies to old people.

>find clearly weak stimulants as awesome and hardcore
>"m-maybe you have just different taste!"

>american film
>someone smokes weed
>they treat it like the most hardcore hallucinogen ever made

no one thinks reefer is hard you underage faggot

Another way to make money by selling people unhealthy shit that they also easily could grow themself. Also alcohol has gotten pretty boring, always the same shit and not very interesting but once you see a guy loling about a new seth rogan movie while getting high, its funny.

Economy muh.

>clearly weak stimulants
Let me guess, you prefer Fentanyl, Oxycodon and Desoxyn

*tips fedora*

Wow sorry that i insulted your totally awesome black drug.

That's LSD.

It has potential to make lots of money with U.S. states legalizing. So to stay ahead of the curve movies make shit tons of references. It's just marketing, weed is just a fad. 10 years after it's fully legalized in the U.S. no one will care about it anymore and movies will find some new drug to push in their marketing. Probably LSD, which will become the new "weed" after legalized weed isn't seen as "cool" anymore. I'm hoping opiates start losing popularity because that shit is poison for those who don't know moderation (which is majority of Americans, especially the youth. 1/8th of weed after a party is considered a fun night, 70mg of oxycodone is a problem)

Weed is something you do to relax, you don't do it to get fucked up.

Tfw I fell for the meme that weed is good for anxiety, but when I got high it got worse

Drugs are for soy boys

>Why does the media continue to promote sex in their films?
>It’s probably the most overrated experience of my life
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't, cunt.

At least it's not liquor or smokes. I say this as an alcoholic. No I don't want liquor to be banned, people can reasonably and rationally enjoy it, but pot is clearly healthier. Alcohol fucks up every part of your body it touches. From mouth to asshole.

>you don't do it to get fucked up.
I do.

>I didn't enjoy something
>therefore everyone else that enjoys it is wrong

How'd it get worse?

WHAT THE FUCK does this have to do with anything you schizo???

butthurt hedonist

Gotta push the herbal jew.

>ops whining
>user calls him out while also triggering people with Sup Forums b8

Hey kettle, meet pot

Smoked weed three times, even did the really good stuff whatever it is after a friend was determined. Did edibles once too. I just don't enjoy it that much, not sure what the hype is about. All I can think is it's just babby's first drug.

Weed is mainly intended for useless degenerates so they stay being the useless degenerates they are.

>this is seen as a negative

Weed is scientifically proven to slow neural pathways in the brain by inhibiting our sensory receptors. All that good feeling is holes being drilled into your brain.

Its degenerate and smells awful.

Sorry i pal, i didn't know you have you be smoking pot for 20 years straight to talk about how overrated this shit is

based quentin

lol who the fuck thinks smoking weed is hard apart from 15 year olds

not a fan of weed, drinking is more my style

>Sorry i pal, i didn't know you have you be smoking pot for 20 years straight to talk about how overrated this shit is

you retards realize that all drugs vary right? there's cocaine that you will make you feel paranoid and restless, and there's cocaine that will make you feel like the son of god. that also applies to herb and every other drug. i don't know how you can fail to understand that. it's comparable to saying "i had steak once and it was fucking awful. why do people say steak is so great?"

cite your sources newfriend

Weed is a 'look-at-me' lifestyle choice. Literally every weed user pretends he is into Bob Marley and want everyone to know. Or litters his FB profile with dudweedlmao420 symbols. Still, like tattoo's, it is an indicator of idiocy and the sheep minded. At least it keeps them docile and out of decent societies way. Just laugh at them.

>calls someone newfriend
>doesn't recognize quentin
get the FUCK out

Heart started racing, mouth was dry as fuck, it got hard to breathe

Weed is the opposite of hard, it's basically the safest drug you can use. Even alcohol is way more dangerous.

Because they want to dope us into passivity to make us perfect fodder for despots and dictators. We need to be befuddled in order for them to deprive us of our rights to freedom of thought, speech and assembly.

t. morality man

Weed is becoming demonic and scary. The big guys at CIA have gradually taken over weed, from first just controlling the flow of it, to actually growing and cultivating it to get the desired effects. THC percentage is steadily climbing, and the fun factor of weed has been going down. You get way too fucking high in a bad way. The "mild psychedelic" aspect is becoming more and more highlighted. I remember when weed made you feel good as fuck. Now it makes you super paranoid. I think it's a product of this gearing up for legalization, they're turning the plant into some frankenstein plant that isn't even close to the original. Think of garden grown fruit vs store bought fruit. The best weed I've smoked was home grown, I don't think that's a coincidence.

I'm also convinced a lot of people feel the same way about smoking, they just don't say it. It's not really "fun". It's just cool to do.

you can't talk someone into enjoying what they don't like. it relaxes you without poisoning you, what's not to love? get good quality and take 1 or 2 hits, don't overdo it.

Makes you stupider. That's always in hollywood and the government's interest.

>freedom of thought, speech and assembly.
Worth nothing at all without real power to back it up, i.e. an armed general populace.

Power is ultimately excercised with the sword.

Cuz like... dude, WEED
Lets get blasted lmao
AMIRITE?
AMIRITE?

Or they're like me and act like a normal person so you don't know that they smoke weed

Its not hard, I use it like coffee myself. You think coffee is hard?

>smoked weed for 2 years of my life
>realized it just made me feel like shit the next day, wasn't enjoying anything
People itt that have only done it a few times probably havent had the full experience (I didn't really "get high" for the first few times) but it's not really worth it, just kind of a time waster and everyone who doesnt smoke looks down on you

Are you fucking 12? Nobody thinks weed is hardcore.

>dude Christian morals bro
>duuude, like degeneracy bra
>dude Jews man, the Jews
>dude, like Mexicans man

Complaining about weed is as Sup Forums as you can get

Nah you're just a pussy

Dude I'm no conspiritard but you might be right about the mkultra shit. I used to enioy it but in the past few years it's just a miserable experience

It makes me have a good night's sleep, making me feel great the next day

Because they're all addicts. There's a reason cunts like Seth Rogen can't go a single movie without a weed reference.

I always wake up early

Ok seriously, why are people on Sup Forums such little faggots about weed? God damn

Jews want to create and control a new weed market, which is why they're trying to ban tobacco.

This is because unlike tobacco, weed makes you think more slowly, gives you gyno, destroys all motivation and probably causes homosexuality.

as someone who smokes weed, i kind of agree.

i'm all for characters realistically smoking weed, but the whole DUDE BRO WEED LMAO BOWLS AND BOWLS bullshit is pretty annoying.

however, i've noticed it's just mainstream american films that do it, and i chalk it up to americans being cringey and overdoing everything.

Not an avid smoker, but I believe normalization is the first step in improving the economy in America, and the media is so braindead that shit comedies are the easiest ways to spread buzz. Not against weed but idiot teens, manchildren and college dropouts try to make it look edgy in (present year) and end up hurting their cause.

I love weed movies I also love alcohol moves. Alcohol movies always have scenes where they party to hard remixes pop music . I wonder if weed movies will have something like that . It’s all just comedies

This post reeks of 2013 . Did you just stop reading about the world?

Same. Just smoke a fuckin doob n chill. Now they got dabs, 90% potency hash oil, and are one fatal car accident from being back at square one.

>listening to a tripfag
>ever

>It has potential to make lots of money with U.S. states legalizing.
One of the big problems they have in colorado is figuring out what to do with all the money they're making since they can't put it into federal banks and they're having to launder this legal money instead of just paying taxes and putting it into a bank.
Prohibition is a bad meme that has never worked.

Its baffling to me that cigarette smoking is now portrayed as evil and weed is a magical wonderful perfect thing in todays media. used to be the exact opposite just a few decades past

Ikr, but the science is out.

>smoke weed with friends
>literally after a couple of joints they are rolling around laughing their asses off at stupid shit
>poker face
>"bro I've got the munchies so hard"
>friends buy out half the junk food in the gas station near my house
>poker face
>put on babys first "trippy film" (Ghibli, 2001, Lynch etc) then pass out
>poker face

The only reason I occasionally still do it is that people tell me it turns me into some sort of mysterious alpha male

i think it's a part of the process though, at first when you're 19 and regularly smoking with your m8s for the first time, it's literally the scene from scary movie where they're going "whazzaaaaaaaaaap?"

i look back on those hazy memories fondly

amazing bait

its more then that. the whole weed lifestyle is part of what people like about it, but its all garbage. smoking pot will always be for try hard "counter culture" hippies, the young, the trashy and generally gross. pot will never be "classy" like smoking a fine cigar or drinking a nice bottle of wine.

Dispenser here. My boss is having this issue. Hes a real soyboy, doesnt want money. Gave us all raises, opened another shop, bought 10 acres and is building a greenhouse, still has 'too much money." Talking him into opening a soup kitchen, but he doesnt want the money to charity to dry up. Our other shop will have paid for itself by the end of the year.

>Maybe, just maybe people enjoy something that you don't enjoy
>Also if you don't enjoy what I don't like you're 16 years old lol!

>the whole weed lifestyle is part of what people like about it
i think you are one of those kinds of people who would wade around in tumblr shit to find things to piss you off

I thought it was fun the first time I tried it. Now it just makes me slightly uncomfortable and not want to do anything.

99% of anons will try pot at some point in their lives...

Like this post if you are the part of the 1% who aren't! :)

>Now it just makes me slightly uncomfortable
sounds like an issue that has nothing to do with weed

It affects people different. How hard is this to understand? I have a buddy whos a bit loopy and whenever he smokes he totally fucking loses his mind.

allow me to introduce myself.

i vape. i watch rick and morty. i voted for bernie.

i smoke marijuana.

yes, you heard that right. NO, i don't need to buy it from a criminal gang. NO, it doesn't make me want to break the law. NO, it doesn't keep me from being productive.

why is it so great? simply put, it makes everything better. i know all you virgins here can't understand but getting laid while high is the best. it helps you enjoy video games and movies at a time when so many of both are pure shit. it makes it easier to live, laugh, and love.

i hope this has been helpful. spark a fat one if you agree.

too bad there's no weed AIDS or disease that will kill all of them. except maybe they might go nuts slowly.

I think thats just a small part of the culture. If you keep a lid on things idc what ppl do. There are always those who take it too far. I do see addictive attribute in THC, no denying that, but ppl try to justify shit that doesnt need vindication and end up looking foolish, one could apply that to anything; fast food, soda, candy... American media even.

and? Ive smoked pot like 5 times, never once been high and hated the taste and smell. cant believe this is some peoples favorite fucking thing

everyone i know who vapes and watches rick and morty are against weed because they might get fired

>implying it is scientifically proven that tobacco use is harmful or that cannabis is in any way beneficial
shiggydiggydoo

Not to mention THC/CBD levels can alter the high drastically.

Idk I just think it's fun. Sorry I guess.

you ain't doing it right; it takes a few tries before it kicks, but you'll know when it does.

did you inhale or swallow the smoke? you can eat edibles because chewing and swallowing might be easier for you.

You know just cause you had one puff of a joint at a party and you got a little high doesnt mean that weed isnt psychoactive

rather just drink

Cool story bro

(You) really bean'd my greens there user

drink weed? yea you can do that also.

Lsd cant be the next weed because it isnt a real party drug. Smoking weed is just like a trippy version of a beer. Psychedelics are whole other beast entirely.

weed is literally the most non-hardcore drug there is that is probably use-able by any and all people

>DUDE, YOU GOTTA SMOKE WEED AND GET A PUMP ON
>WEED IS FOR REAL MEN LIKE ME
really makes you think

I hear this a lot and i experienced it somewhat myself but thats just because you arent inhaling correctly