What excuse you have for not watching Solaris 1972?

What excuse you have for not watching Solaris 1972?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dtmhfA5hrNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was boring.

go watch your capeshit then and be numb mongrel

Stalker is still the best Tarkovsky

I'm not a pretentious pleb. Movies age, get over it.

LMAO

I really tried to watch it but there was a scene for like twenty minutes where it just showed a highway passing by
Pseudo-artistic garbage

it's kino

why they never get to the point or act liek proper scientists?

here watch the condensed version
youtube.com/watch?v=dtmhfA5hrNQ

Watched the Clooney version, what am I missing besides some alcoholic wife-beating slav proselytizing about the State and duty to God?

Tarkovsky had 10/10 taste in women

worst Tarkovsky

Solaris is too self indulgent, I understand slowing down the pace to defy convention there's a point we're it goes overboard. Nostalgia is the biggest culprit desu. Stalker I think gets it right.

That's what I am doing. It's you are suggesting that I need a reason not to watch it.

i hated the george clooney one and if the original has similar or even slower pacing (as is the case with most older movies) i simply won't watch it.
I've read the synopsis and that's interesting enough. No need to power to a boring movie.

At least I understood what happened in Solaris.

Stalker made me feel like a IQ40 turbopleb. But it might be the most beautiful film I've seen.

>shoegaze

Fitting.

Only poseurs would say this. Solaris is infinitely more watchable and emotionally engaging than Stalker, which has some amateur-hour overacting from the guy playing the guide.

>Soviet Union didn't collapse and send people to another planet.

>Beach House
my nigga

you know, I like solaris and beach house but mixing them up seems sorta tasteless

I like Clooney version because I understand why it spent its time that way

I cannot like the original because I don't know what it was aiming for. Why do they talk about those shits in the middle of a crisis. Are they in any crisis?

It just makes me mad that Hollywood is unable to produce high quality movies like this because it simply doesn't cater to their audience.

Take Passengers for example, it had the chance to be absolute kino yet they blew it with meme action scenes and a by the numbes plot that went nowhere.

Literally no one can justify the ear zoom shot

I want to read the book first.

I watched it but it was super dooper boring

>high quality movies
>absolute kino

The entropy is coming.

Seen the first half on the day my ex dumped me. It's been three years and it still hurts. I don't think I'll ever finish it.

Fuck Soviet propaganda.

Eh...so...are they in a space station?
Why do they have windows and blue sky?
If they are questioning their sanity why do they chat in the living room?
Why is that living room so comfy?
Aren't you supposed to be afraid of an alien visitor who claims to be your wife?

The American version is just better than the original in every way because it try to be convincing by answering to the problems above

lay on a highway

I know if I watch it I will fall in love with the pure russian qt

Andrai rublev is the pinnacle of kino, stalker is still pretty good though

The book is superior, although I think that Solaris is a masterpiece and it takes a different, interesting viewpoint on the same situation.
It's a question of wether you want hard scifi or a human drama in a scifi situation.

I already watched it but

I read the book and heard the movie has a completely different focus so I don't feel like watching it

The heart of gold ship AI from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

none. i love Kris and Snout.

I have seen it.

It's fucking awesome. I also didn't really have any problems with the slowness. I mean yeh, the movie is fucking slow. But I found it to be quite meditative. Seen it a few times and I've never truly been 'bored'.

The only moment that kind of tests my patience was the driving scene early on in the film.

Same here. Literally fell a sleep during that scene.

My dad told me it was a horrible adaptation of the book. So I never got around to watching it. I watched the rest of Tarkovsky's films though. My dad has good taste, he warned me that Lynch was a hack but I chose to watch his films anyway. My dad was right.

>The part when they float
Whew lads, I think I cried

>what am I missing
quality and depth

Her tits were nice though.

It's degenerate