A while ago we had a thread about manly movies and pretty much all the exemples posted where about war, crime, fighting...

A while ago we had a thread about manly movies and pretty much all the exemples posted where about war, crime, fighting. While I do think that's not a negative aspect of masculity and think it have a vital role in society I also find tiresome that we can only see expressions of masculity in tough guys beating other people up. So help me out here, can you think of manly movies that paint the role of a men in society in a more possitive light?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_old_man
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shut up fag

Aragorn
He basically incorporates all of the four archetypes of men into himself: The warrior, the king, the lover, the sorcerer.

>the sorcerer
????

Atticus.

wise man

Fucking Brian's Song. Jesus Christ.

also wizard or wise man as said
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_old_man

that's what aragorn is: a wise old man guiding the young hobbits, with lots of secret knowledge. He even got healing hands.
He's obviously not as much the wise old man as Gandalf, but still it's part of him

Billy Eliot

a poof

Yeap, he does what he wants to do even if it makes him a fag, that's manly, on some level

A Serious Man
Those Magnificent Man in their Flying Machines
The Founder
Papillon

I am pretty positive that every film they spelt it out aloud that the guy inspired people and gave them hope.
Especially the boxing movies.

>unmanning yourself is manly

Not caring if people think you are unmanning yourself is manly, only rosties live their lives afraid of what people think of them

I am Sam
Pursuit of Happiness
Something the Lord Made
Dead Poet Society and most of Robin Williams movies

Jesus what else do you want from men. men have built everything on Earth it's just they are not called "manly"

Excaliber

>Not caring if people think you are unmanning yourself is manly
Ah, yeah i too was once a teenager. "Look at me, i don't care what others think about me! Am i cool yet?"

If you actually don't care what people think of you then you're some kind of sociopath. A man should actually care about his public image; but i agree with you insofar, that a man should do what is right, regardless of his public image.

>most of Robin Williams movies
This

Alone in the Wildness is a "manly" movie that shows the innovative capacity of a man that chooses to live outside societal norms.
Maybe it's not what you're looking for, but I'm damned if I don't wish I could be half the man this guy is.

An episode a day will make you a better person

Fpbp
/thread

Good will hunting is a good example for this thread

If you've never been in a fight, a serious life-or-death fight, then you aren't male. Don't bother trying to hide it, everyone can tell.

If you haven't killed at least 4 people, you are a woman.

if you've never rallied a whole nation in order to exterminate an entire race you're just barely a boy

if you've never kissed a girl do you even exist?

not for women atleast

It’s still about war but Grand Illusion highlights honor and being a gentleman over being a tough guy