Has a show ever experienced a sharper drop in quality?

Has a show ever experienced a sharper drop in quality?

Heroes.

walking dead

yeah, every show

Shut up, retard. Just because 1 episode in the middle of the season wasn't to your liking, doesn't mean there was a sharp drop in quality, especially since the entirety of Season 2 is beloved besides it.

Do you understand how logic works? Season 2 was well rated. 1 lone episode doesn't mean the SHOW itself has a drop in quality.

Fucking so dumb.

Season 1 wasn't that much better in the first place so pic unrelated I suppose.

true detective

Nah, he's right. 2 was abysmal, an enormous decline in quality all around, a mess.

>yeah, every show
Wrong

>Bob is the only fun character this season had
>not even on the cover

Every show feels worse as it goes on, because the novelty of the concept wears off after the first season.

This is like an iron law of television, maybe all storytelling.

Except most reviews echo OP's sentiment only you're too delusional to confront that fact because you're this obsessed with Sup Forums.

Season 2 is beloved because of the 11 kiss, Nancy romance, and Max romance. Literally nothing happened all season its just fucking idiots who only watch to ship the kids who are creaming all over this pointless mess.

What are some shows that get better with each season? I'm sure there has to be some examples.

I guarantee the 3 of you feel that way because you are Episode 7 memers and HURR DIVERSITY.

Face it, this forum has 0 credibility. You are all memers.

>Do you understand how logic works?

Do you? OP is giving his opinion, not referencing consensus of critics. No need to be this autistic about your fandom.

First season was fast paced and focused. Season 2 feels like it just struggled to give everyone some shit to do. Like Nancy and her drawn out plot about MUH BARB (did anyone on planet Earth ever give a shit about Barb?) that "paid off" with some offhand "and also evil goobermint corporation was shut down"

I was posting it under the assumption, that I still believe is likely correct, that he is one of the many that were SO OFFENDED by Episode 7, that in turn he felt the Entire series suffered a decline.

Dexter fell off the wagon pretty hard. Season 4 was decent, but 5 and so on were garbage.

OP is a faggot

Leftovers

What is wrong with that, exactly? Politics is downstream from culture, and the two are inseparable. Only a retard chooses to ignore the pretext underpinning all media.

Also, I've never even seen the second season, it's just a fact that reviewers have pointed out that this second season is a downgrade from the previous one.

Not true. Shows like Breaking Bad and The Sopranos take time to paint complex portraits of their characters. The main draw of these shows isn't the premise but the the character development so they don't get worse as they go on but better.

Dude, all reviews are glowing. If you think a glowing review, a 95% as opposed to a season 1 98%, is a sharp decline, you are fucking dumb

>Season 2 was well rated.
The sole mark of quality on any piece of consumer media.

jesus christ season 2 was awful

OP talks about sharp declines in quality, in which the general consensus is that there was none...
What else should I post in response? That an user knows better than everyone else?

You are fucking dumb if you think a positive review is mutually exclusive from holding a reservation about it's quality relative to the first season.

Sopranos

The only correct answer.
It's a shame and entirely frustrating they never were able to get back on track

That's also an aggregate score, you dumbass. A positive score can range from 6/10 - 10/10.

Honestly episode 7 wasn't well executed but was the only one that at least tried to advance the narrative. If they had spread the story arc of 11 finding momma and her sister over the course of the season I think the pacing wouldn't have been so ridiculously bad and it could have been a highlight of season 2 instead of the biggest drawback.

Lol, what are you trying to argue here exactly?
OP said there was a sharp decline in quality. I pointed out that the masses disagree. And here we are, with you being a little bitch!

I picked a random number really but I've seen tons of very positive reviews. I mean, there are just so many other shows where Season 2 really did drop off and the show was beat. Do you think Stranger Things is beat in the public eye after 2?

No. It's not.

Fair enough, I see what you mean about that

>El points her hand at CGI and frowns really hard while Hopper one shots 40000 monsters videogame style
What an exciting finale

it definitely had a spirit bomb feeling to it. whats the point if every problem is solved by DUDE JUST FIND 11 LMAO

>Lol, what are you trying to argue here exactly?
>OP said there was a sharp decline in quality. I pointed out that the masses disagree.

I pointed out the flaw in your reasoning. It's as simple as that.

>And here we are, with you being a little bitch!

You were just whining a few seconds ago about Sup Forums and wetting your pants over anyone possibly suggesting that it was a downgrade from the previous season. You are the bitch, dude.

>I picked a random number really but I've seen tons of very positive reviews. I mean, there are just so many other shows where Season 2 really did drop off and the show was beat. Do you think Stranger Things is beat in the public eye after 2?

So you're just bullshitting, because that's how Rotten Tomatoes works. A score of 94% is an aggregate of "rotten" and "fresh" tallies, not an average of the ratings themselves. Metacritic gives the actual average at 78%.

Eleven couldn't have done it alone though - She needed not only Hopper, but her friends, who went into the Upside Down to distract the Demidogs, leading to their near doom, and they were saved by you guessed it, the fact that Dustin befriended one of the Demidogs, showing how in the end, friendship is the reason the good guys prevailed in the end.

Dexter
Homeland
True Detective
Game of Thrones

All I'm talking about is public perception, and people still quite liked this season, there are plenty of other shows that dropped further, everyone I know stopped watching True Detective midway season 2 for example

That's because they set the bar really low on the first and second season to prepare you for the rest of the crap.

The first season was held up by Mike’s and his story, when they changed the focus on the other characters of course it turned into a mess

This

S2 got hit terrible by the writer's strike back then and never recovered.

I dropped it somewhere in the middle of S3 after realizing that it can't be salvaged.

I think alot of shows feel this way because you lose that "new" feeling. In general I didn't feel like this season was any worse than the first season. It definitely wasn't any better either though. It just felt kind of safe I guess.

>inb4 muh episode 7

Yeah I get it. It was very awkward and felt really out of place. But when you really think about what that episode was trying to accomplish it's not too bad.

I think it would've gone way better if they made it Episode 6 honestly.
That way there's no weird pacing cut, and Jane's vision at the end would've been a great "Oh fuck what went wrong while we weren't looking" sequence

This was my one complaint with the whole season honestly. The final battle was pretty anticlimactic. But in hindsight, I think the point of it wasn't really a battle so much as hee putting a bandaid over the wound so to speak. The mindflayer is going to obviously be back, wouldn't be surprised if it's like season 4 or some shit so you kind of forget about it, And that's when they will have their big fight.

if none of that happened she could have waltzed in and done the exact same thing once she learned where the gate was. her rage fueled tk is just too broken.

Idk. I think even then the sentiment would be the same. That it felt out of place and messed with the pacing of the story. It seemed to me that the episode really existed to kind of set up an "expanded universe" for stranger things for future seasons. I mean before that episode do we ever really see anything outside of Hawkins? I really just don't know where they could have stuck that episode this season, but I kind of get why they did it.

She would have got fucked by demidogs though?

why wasnt the girl who cried at will's funeral in season 2?

Twin Peaks season 2. After they showed who killed Laura the show went to shit. 10 minutes of the main plot per episode and 35 minutes of filler love affairs and other boring shit. But season 3 is top tier.

have you guys read the books?
I heard they are better than the show.

Fucking this, they paired him with some ugly bitch

And I the only one who wishes they wouldn't do these awkward relationship things period? It just feels weird watching these little kids go pussy hunting.

what quality? it was mediocre since day one

vikings. 1st season is the least interesting in my opinion.

Boondocks season 4

I thought season 2 was better, exept episode 7

>when the second season is so bad that it chases away 75% of the people who watched the first one

danger 5 season 2

You have to be good at first to see a drop in quality
ST was shit from episode 1