GO AWAY

GO AWAY

GO AWAY

GO AWAY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dnhhTplEoQE
youtube.com/watch?v=rAAeLNAfSYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Genuinely spooky scene, I was impressed.

>Europe-vs-Islam.jpg

Why the fuck would this retard who was trapped in upside down for the entire season and vomited an alien think this is a dream?!

Do they ever explain why it picked Will Byers? Was it just random?

Because the "experts" told him it was just PTSD.

It was a vision, technically, not a dream.

His time in the Upside Down made him able to "see" into the upside down.

>take bob's advice
>become a host for some alien creature
nice job bob

Those were not visions. It was explained that he could "Phase" into the upside down, like crossing dimensions. His "episodes" were him actually physically going into the Upside Down.

Okay, I thought maybe the Demogorgon impregnated him with the Mind Flayer's essence or something based on him throwing up that weird slug-looking thing.

My guess is it was trying to do it to all the humans it could but ended up accidentally killing people (i.e. Barbara) and accidentally making them into Demigorgon/Demodog breeding pods

Cuz Will got out in time he only made one Demodog and ended up gaining abilities

Then why did the Mind Flayer tease him instead of entering him right away? Why did people calling his name snap him out of it?

>Upside down is a geniunely interesting world filled with its own bizarre ecosystem
>Teases a huge leviathan creature amongst it
>Turns out to be a generic possession that is fully sentient, and its made if smoke because its cheap to cgi

Has a show ever shit itself so hard? They clearly had no fucking clue what to do with the other dimension. When it possessed Will I knew we were on the train to trope town.

this shit is Lovecraft for children there was never anything to fear cause there was nothing to fear there is something WHAT we dont know is it dangerous WE DONT KNOW are we afraid WE DONT KNOW

FUck this carrot on a stick dogshit

Holy fuck, Dart was that weird creature that he threw up, wasn't it?

the mind flayer is a right cheeky cunt

Mostly head-canon but I'm pretty sure, based on context, that even the Demogorgon are unwilling victims of the Mind Flayer's influence. They're probably just animals that come from that dimension that were being used by the Mind Flayer like Will.

But he wasnt physically in the upside down at all. On the video his mother watches he's just walking around unable to see the normal town around him. He doesnt disappear.

His consciousness goes there, but he physically stays in our world.

It didn't enter him right away because he always ran. It wasn't until bob convinced Will to confront it that it was able to catch him.

Yeah that's why when they first caught it as a slug Will had that super-brief flashback to him throwing up in the sink

how come elevens telekinesis/telepathy can open paths between dimensions

she's fucking jean grey on crack

>there is something WHAT we dont know is it dangerous WE DONT KNOW are we afraid WE DONT KNOW

That's exactly what Lovecraft is. It's not just "In your face, out in the open" monsters. It's about fear of the unknown.

In all fairness, the possession had some interesting twists, like Will's personality being able to communicate in Morse code and the Mind Flayer being a retard about human interaction because it's so alien. But yeah, I agree they're missing a lot of opportunity to make the Upside Down more interesting. Lovecraft's worlds had much richer lore.

The thing is, he technically is there. Their school was in the Upside Down. The Upside Down and our plane exist in parallel, so whether he's seeing our world or the Upside down, he's physically in both.

When the government was making her do remote viewing, she accidentally remote-viewed into the Upside Down and touched the Demogorgon, which attracted the Mind Flayer's attention. I'm not sure how this opened the gate, but I guess it doesn't matter much.

this unknown is stupid as fuck when you give children the fucking power to destroy it with out any getting anything meaningful out of it lets not completely destroy the character perception of the world

LETS JUST FUCKING RESET EVERYTHING AND AND WAIT FOR THE OTHER SEASON SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT BULLSHIT 80'S SHIT MEMBER THE 80'S GUYS I MEMBER

FUCKING TRASH MYSTERY BOX SHIT JUST LIKE LOST

Its partly that. Theres plenty of physical monsters in lovecrafts work, the 'lovecraft is about the unknown' line is a bit of a meme, because a lot of it is very much known and shown.

The real hook of Lovecraftian tales isn't the tentacles or the unknown, it's our utter insignificance in a cold universe of gods and monsters. That our efforts, our advancements, and our understanding are all worth nothing when faced with entities that live outside our dimension and whose intellects and motivations are as far beyond our comprehension as our motivations are beyond that of ants.

No doubt the season was weak, but that's not my point. I was just defining the semantics of Lovecraftian themes.

But hes not though, he sees the upside down around him, but he's literally on camera walking around. There's possibly some sort of spiritual/psychological crossover, but he's not actually there.

He's also not there when they find him on the field getting smoke raped. His mind is there, but he isn't.

Theres a possibility the upside down isn't even a physical dimension, and the crossing points merely convert us into a different form of energy able to move around in there. That would explain how Will can be in both.

Lovecraft is the fear of the unknowable, no just unknown.

IT WAS BARELY IF U CALLING THIS FULL LOVECRAFT U HAVE TO CALL LOST AND THE BULLSHIT SMOKE MONSTER LOVECRAFT

WEEELLL Lost is pretty Lovecraftian, not for the smoke monster, but just because of the entire nature of things going on throughout the show.
Up until the final episode.

its one big fucking carrot on a stick ALL OF THESE FUCKING SHOWS DRAG IT OUT UNTILL IT STOP MAKING MONEY NO REAL FUCKING STORY JUST ONE BIG FUCKING MYSTERY BOX

fuck all these asshole
fuck J.J. Abram
youtube.com/watch?v=dnhhTplEoQE

if a show story doesnt have a end written by the second episode its a shit fucking show

That kid is such a shit actor lmao

So far we've had

>creature escapes from the lab trope
>Lovecraftian god wants to destroy humanity trope
>creepy dimension leaks into ours trope
>child possessed by an evil spirit trope
>weird growing creature escapes into suburbia trope

Calling it now. The next season will have an "aliens who failed to destroy the evil menace" trope. Maybe they find some ruins in Antarctica or something.

This wouldn't be a problem if they adapted more existing source material, but that requires TV producers to actually read a fucking book once in a while.

Why are you caps locking, you spastic subhuman?

She opened the gate when she got super pissed in the lab.

I think next season will have "strong aggressive human possessed by alien being" and "cold war" as tropes.

I would love more Cold War stuff. Might be too predictable, but if the Ruskies opened a gate of their own it could lead to some interesting stuff. Just hope the show doesn't stray too far from Hawkins or it will become a different show.

>"strong aggressive human possessed by alien being"

Like a Will Byers situation, but in this case the person wants it?

uh wrong, whenever people go into the upside down, they don't see people in the rightside up walking around

>mutt monster appears

But they don't destroy it though, they just seal it away in the Upside Down for now.

What they can do isn't even remotely a permanent solution

You guys are forgetting the best Lovecraft trope of all.

>ancient death cult that worships the evil alien menace and tries to bring it into our world

Billy

>USA, 2019, Colorized

.No one seemed to notice that the episode called "SPY" seemingly referred to the situation with Will and the Mindflayer, but featured a weird conspiracy guy that was incredibly able at reading people (Jonathan and Nancy), is great at disinfo (water down your stories) and has a penchant for Vodka.
My money is on him being a russian spy. Russians know about the upside down, of course.

Well he seemed like a stereotypical Jewish commie sympathizer, so it could work.

It'll be a ripoff of The Thing where the kids are being divided by who is and who isn't an alien

No shit. Those are just quirks of parallel dimensions. They are there, they're just not on the same dimensional plane, Will seems to have gained the ability to be in both.

I like the look of the Mindflayer, but I wish it wasn't a smoke monster. Probably CGI budget related

That's why the video camera was able to vaguely capture the MindFlayer. It's not about "Here or There." Everything is in the same place, just different dimensions is all, they can subtly interact. Watch Carl Sagans explanation for a better explaination: youtube.com/watch?v=rAAeLNAfSYc

Twin Peaks is so much creepier and I've figured out why. It doesn't *try* to be creepy. It just uses everyday stuff like canned corn in incredibly disturbing ways.

l i t e r a l l y all Bob's fault

>Probably CGI budget related
100%, but I'm glad they put the money into the demodog scenes, especially on the lift in the final episode with them jumping on, that shit actually looked incredible

It's not a smoke monster, though, it's just wrapped in smoke, probably because it's creepier when you don't know what it looks like.

when i first say the mindflayer i was like 'will on that 99 insight shit'

I hope you're kidding, Twin Peaks tries -extremely hard- to be creepy, it's creepier because it's a kind of creepy you can't fight off, but it all revolves around "not comprensible means it's scary" instea dof something you can point a shotgun at.

rose-tinted glasses: the post

Almost a century later, and Lovecraft still can't be beat for terrifying creatures. Really gets the noggin joggin'.

Will was falling into the upside down quite often already, and the thing was trying to get it, it was bound to happen, with Bob or without him.

I was certain samwise was under it's control and was basically a grown up version of will

"my stepdad beats me" vs. "my stepdad got me throat-fucked by a cloud alien"

max is losing hard

Yeah, it's too bad they chickened out on the genuine horror. I like me a supernatural mystery as much as the next guy, but there's no cosmic horror on film or TV that doesn't turn into a generic shootout sooner or later. Pity.

Were they trying to tease that possibility? I thought I was imagining it, but your comment makes me think otherwise.

I thought he was going to be a government spook

I don't believe they would hire a big name actor for his story to end this season. He's going to be back in some undead/monster fashion.

We can only hope.

Imagine Bob the Mind Flayer, making corny puns while he devours worlds.

Imagine if the other special kid wasn't a cringy token character but a good written villain who mentors and manipulates Eleven, also with a more interesting power.

Make this new character the host of that tentacles guy and treat Will as a character rather than a plot device.

or just imagine making millions by ripping of literally every pre00's hollywood blockbuster.

>big name actor

Yeah about that