'Deadpool' Writers Depart Sequel; Drew Goddard ('Daredevil') Writing New Script

comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/deadpool_2/daredevils-drew-goddard-is-working-on-the-deadpool-2-a149160

hmm...this is not good

no! the real heroes left!

Could actually work. Meta comedy like Cabin in the Woods would mesh well with Deadpool.

Gonna be shit. But we all knew that. The first one was lightning in a bottle.

I warned everyone about Ryan Reynold's ego a year ago lol

Welp, looks like it's time to give the rights back to Marvel.

more good news for Deadpool 2

Drew Goddard is pretty cool

I wonder if the sequel is going to have jokes about how many people they've lost from the first movie

All these departures are concerning, but at least the new talent is solid.

kek everyone is abandon ship

>Opening credits are just the first movie's opening credits with the original meta gags scribbled over and replaced by new meta gags.

Shit like this happens in movie production all the time. Only when it's about superheros do people ever actually make a big deal out of it.

Proof that FOX will actively fuck anything they're involved in up.

The first suffered because they didn't give a fuck about it

>Opening credits are the first movie's ending credits

>director leaves
>composer leaves
>writers leave

Happens allll the time

that damage control

The writers really made the first one. Oh well
Im not a deadpool fan, more an x-men fan. If they do more x-men justice like how colossus was well done I'll be happy. Hope the franchise continues based on that alone.

>Reynolds chases off original director whose VFX company worked for free and kept the budget down.
>Reynolds chases off original writers.
Reynolds gets his one lone hit while playing a character that's himself (like all his roles) and he's letting it go to his head. This movie's fucked.

Goddard did great work on Angel and has one of the better track records in hollywood.

(For reference he worked on Buffy, Angel, Lost, Cabin in woods, Cloverfield, Daredevil tv show, etc. )

RR's not going to have anyone else to blame if this fails though. I have a feeling this is executive meddling though. With such a tiny budget that can't have any mistakes and they want this to be Deadpool's Empire, they want it to be one of the few sequels that people praise over the original.

RR has to know if this fails its going to be laid at his feet so I guess we're going to find out how it feels to live or die on a single movie for your entire career.

And another "cinematic universe" down.

Let that be a lesson to you. Don't FUCK with the King!

The ringer they brought in has a better record than the original writers.

If you wanted to take a cinematic universe down, you would pull whatever they did to DC.

DC fuck themselfs by chosing snyder as their "creative" director

>Drew Goddard now writing

That's the opposite of a problem.

This is true. No one gave a shit about this kind of stuff up until the past year or so. You've all probably spent your whole lives watching movies that switched writers and directors a bunch of times and it never fucking mattered because it wasn't your business to know and you didn't care because no one knew it had adverse effects and they still don't.

Something seems really wrong now.

Bart no like. Bad medicine.

>For reference he worked on Buffy, Angel, Lost
Not inspiring hope for people with actual taste.

He has a very successful track record is the point and has dealt with a lot of genre projects.

He managed to turn around World War Z from a failure.

They're few people in hollywood that have his track record, taste isn't important. I mean a lot of the writing in deadpool turned people off.

Whedon is good at very few things but he understands dialogue, and is probably one of the few writers out there that has influenced a lot of people. Now that he is an asshat in his old age doesn't take away from it. Goddard gained his chops under him in terms of writing so, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Like others in the thread, I think this is actually a good thing, more I think about it.

I panicked right up till I figured out you mean netflix daredevil and not Affleck daredevil.
This could be okay.

>oh no guys they changed directors Star Wars is ruined now!

I FUCKING HATE EXECUTIVES I HATE THEM IT WAS PERFECT AND YOU FUCKED IT UP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

X-Force has a new writer too

Definitely Fox Execs sticking their dicks in.

>The first suffered because they didn't give a fuck about it

First was allowed to be what it was because they didn't give a fuck about it.

They've tried to interfere at every step in sequel preparation and Ryan has had to cut them off.

Yep literally the worst one in the whole saga

If this were a DC film people would be saying how this proves the movie is in trouble and the rumors of rumors are true and why waste money giving it a chance and DC cant do anything right. But its deadpool and marvel fans make exceptions for non Marvel films if they are deadpool.

People said as soon as dp became as popular as it did execs would jump in to take credit, this really feels like that now

Thing is, I trust Ryan more than most directors.

There's like 3 people making excuses dude
Most people here recognize that losing the director, composer and writers is a bad thing

He has tied his career to this, if anyone wants this shit to succeed it'll be him. if he bailed, then we would know whats up but if anything he has taken on more duties for DP 2

They're going to slowly transform the sequel into the same trash as all their other superhero movies aren't they?

>mfw I've actually met someone who believed this

Hey, where'd everybody go?

Don't worry...Timmy the work experience boy is doing the cinematography...It's gonna be okay.

They tried to talk the director into a bigger budget. Ryan cut them off and that director left.

He's fighting and I hope he can win and get it done as he wants.

From all the stuff petering out from behind the scenes, sounds like a lot of hollywood dick swinging is going on.

Even though Logan only existed because Deadpool worked.

Damn Fox is run by morons.

Oh yea. Parasites smell sucess and they want to leech off it.

Lucas hired Kershner to direct the film at the outset. It didn't start development and then switch hands. Empire was also financed by Lucas and didn't have the kind of corporate drama that goes on with studio backed films.

That being said, yes, these sorts of things happen with films. They are large projects with diverse staff who typically aren't involved in all stages and who move in and out of the production as needed. Especially big budget Hollywood films which are cumbersome beasts.

What's going on with Deadpool 2 however is obvious. Reynolds was a huge part of the reason the first film a) got made and b) had the tone and faithfulness that it did. Once the first one was a huge hit it demanded that there be a sequel. Because Reynolds was so integral to the success of the first film and because he is the star he has a lot of pull when it comes to how Deadpool 2 is going to get made which is grating up against studio execs who are now much more invested in this as it's become "a proven property" which is what everyone in Hollywood is chasing these days. The result is that this is slowing down production and people who were signed on early don't have the time to wait for things to work out so they are dropping out to pursue other projects.

Right now I feel like it's hard to tell if they will get into trouble or not with this. If it languishes too long it could start falling into development hell in which case Fox might start exerting more force to get it done (as profitable franchises, especially ones that they can stick a Marvel logo at the front of aren't something to be easily discarded these days).