Show gets popular with normalfags

>Show gets popular with normalfags
>Instantly hate it even though I've never watched it

Why am I like this? For example, I just know Stranger Things is trash this is unassailable in my mind I don't even need to watch it to know it's boring shit made for manchildren.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/nielsen-gauges-stranger-things-viewership-2017-11
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's called being perceptive. You are like Sherlock Holmes.

it's called autism

because you're a ding-dong diddly try-hard contrarian.

>Watch show and really like it
>Find out it's popular and instantly start hating it
Can't have my patrician status be in jeopardy

Blame your mother for vaccinating you.

You know I'm right.

Strange Things is not popular with normalfags. You have the wrong idea about what entails a normalfag.

Normal people watch Family Feud, Grey's Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory, Fast N' Loud, The Voice, Real Housewives, and Sports.

Shows like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad are sub-normie shows watched by casual geeks.

Stranger Things is an "internet nerd" show. One of those shows a lot of people have heard of but few people actually watch like Black Mirror.

You really have issues OP.

If you like something based on anyone's opinion but your own, likewise if you hate anything based on anything other than your own opinion of that thing, then you're the immature manchild.

Im the same OP but with Riverdale.
show got too popular with desperate waifufags

no, all normies have Netflix and watch their most popular shows

lmao, "no"

Confirmed for never going outside and having a real conversation
EVERYONE watches stranger things
People who didnt started watching the first season because everyone was talking about it

One thing doesn't exclude the other. If it became popular it's because something changed to the point it's no longer what it was before. What is it, OP?

hey op,
I watched the first episode and it sucked badly.
felt like a jj abrams "muh nostalgia" piece of shit.

Normalfags usually have shit taste. If normalfags like the show, then its probably trash and for plebs

These normie shows are worse than Southland.I'm still pissed that they canceled it.The best form of entertainment on TV currently is MMA , these press conferences are kino.

OP here, I did watch the first episode. I thought it was really boring, and a superficial cry for nostalgia. It could have improved from there but then Normals jumped on it and I wanted nothing to do with it.

>Strange Things is not popular with normalfags

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

>all normies have Netflix
53% of normies have access to Netflix in their household. That does not mean they subscribe to it. The articles that came out over the last year implying otherwise were BS. It included old people who had a smart TV or phone which technically could let them access it even if they had no clue how to go about.

>Netflix's Stranger Things Season 2 averaged 8.8 million US viewers per episode within the first three days of the show’s release, according to Nielsen data cited by Variety.
>Additionally, the first episode of the series averaged 15.8 million US viewers within the first three days of the series release.
businessinsider.com/nielsen-gauges-stranger-things-viewership-2017-11

While the show is undoubtedly popular on netflix the population of the US is 323 million people. That means about 4% of people watched the show.

Meanwhile, millions of old people don't give a shit about watching any particular show and just channel surf until they find something innocuous to eat dinner in front of. And the thing they usually find is Steve Harvey or Pat Sajak since those mother fuckers are on TV every night of the week. Family Feud plays about ten times a day.

>EVERYONE
Your 20-something college-educated nerd friends is not everyone.

It's almost like the majority of people on this board aren't hanging around with geriatrics but people their own age. Wow!

Big Bang Theory's latest premiere had 17 million viewers. How is 1.2m more than Strangers Things enough to separate it from a "normie" show? You really have no clue what you're talking about

4% of households watched the show the first weekend

Most normies didn't watch it alone user, additionally, my wife and I were busy that weekend, and watched it the following week. Many normies have plans halloween weekend. I'd estimate at least 10% of Americans and 50% of Americans aged 15-30 watch it.

stranger things Is all I ever here about in real life, tv and the internet for the last month

OP said normalfag, not the people on this board. If he meant "20-30 year old educated people with an inclination towards science fiction" then he should have said so, because that is not the average normal person.

Premieres don't matter to normalfags. They catch the show when it happens to be on when they turn the tv on, and they watch reruns over and over again.

Is anyone actually going to praise OP for using the correct Sup Forums vernacular, "Normalfag" and not the debasement that is "Normie"? Fine, I will. Well done OP, you faggot.

Probably because you live in a bubble of people with similar interests to you own.

when was the last time you left your room and talked to someone not on the internet?

>50%
overestimation. nonwhites between the ages of 15 and 30 also exist user

To be fair, Stranger Things IS trash.
t. Actually watched both seasons

>Used to think this about Breaking Bad
>I watch it well after it's done and no one cares, last year
>Ended up loving it
>Better Call Saul isn't popular at all
>Enjoy BCS guilt free because Normies want nothing to do with it

Any other shows like this?

>50% of Americans aged 15-30 watch it.
lol you're insane if you think that. Go into your work or class, or survey your family and see if that holds true. It won't even come close.

>show has creative potential
>expresses it with bravery and some genius
>people with no souls, literal p-zombies, inhuman robopathic mouths decide to start consuming the program
>the show's writing starts to change
>actors change and their interviews change
>starts becoming ritualized for normalfags
>people start making bad memes about the show and forcing them on twitter and cuckchan and reddit
>yfw you just want it to end

If the actors of a TV show or film can appear at a Comic Con, it isn't worth watching.

>nonwhites

I said Americans, I only meant the real ones.

Fuck off normie

no, I dont even watch stranger things. not sure why you deny how hugely popular it is with the mainstream though

>Go into your work or class, or survey your family
My estimate wasn't just a random guess, I actually do talk to people at work, school, and friends and family, and many of them do watch Stranger Things, although this one 20 year old girl said she hadn't yet seen it, but was interested in watching it, because everyone keeps telling her she should.

>le 56% face

Every day. I investigate insurance claims right now but in the past I installed cable for Time Warner and talked to people about what they watched.

Everyone of my co-workers watches the show.

You don't get to cherry pick.

Even massive franchises like Star Wars still only get a minority of the population's attention. The idea that "everyone" watches a sci-fi show which is only available on Netflix is simply preposterous and the viewership numbers support that.

>Twin Peaks S3
>Expect it to be mega popular with normies
>Too 'weird' for them

FUCKING LYNCHED

Normalfag or normie doesn't just mean "everyone in the general population." It can also refer to someone's taste being boring, conventional and uninspired. It is usually for the benefit of social cohesion, so on Sup Forums normalfag is associated with geek culture most of the time.

>show becomes popular with normies
>watch it
>conclude that I personally don't enjoy it

happens LITERALLY some of the time

>real
lol at whites thinking they count as American

>It can also refer to someone's taste being boring, conventional and uninspired.
The word for that is pleb.

is it really that bad? I was thinking about watching it because the monster thing looks cool but if it's just derivative "muh nostalgia" trash I won't bother.

It has shifted to that but the original definition came from /r9k/ where it meant people who were able to process emotions normally and didn't take medication.

how can you be this autist?

No it didn't you fucking retard. Normalfag has been used on Sup Forums since at least 2007. Normie is just an abbreviation of that phrasing used for their pathetic beta whining.