Marvel can't into Teen Titians

What went wrong is it the bad characters designs?

Not enough Dick Rider riding dicks

New Teen Titans (aka the one everyone knows) was an attempt to rip off Claremont/Byrne X-Men....

Xmen ceased to be teens at that point.

Marvel has no teen team that's long term brand power.

Same goes for a leading woman character. Only recently it was female Thor, but she will die soon.

DC can't even into the Teen Titans.

The original New Warriors was a pretty successful book.

>Xmen ceased to be teens at that point.

And so had the Titans, really.

New Mutants was successful well into the early X-Force issues.

Young Avengers, particularly the Gillen/McKelvie run, did very well.

Runaways was a breakout hit in its time, as well.

None are long term. When they come back they bomb.

You have to push a brand for decades and sometimes top or young talent.

Not until post crisis. Then they tried post zero hour many times as teens only.

2 of those teams are getting movie/tv shows in the next few years.

Marvel's biggest fucking character is all about teenagerness

Will always associate Speedball with the cocaine-heroin mixture that killed John Belushi

No comics that sell. All temporary.

What biggest character? Spiderman hah no. Dudes about being relatable.

Yeah, pretty much. 75 issues + annuals + 2 sister books (Night Thrasher and Nova).

It's also - ironically enough - basically what Champions tries to be but with much less soapboaxing and much better use of superheroics.

I actually thought after Teen Titans became famous years ago that Marvel would attempt to cash in on the teen team market by reviving New Warriors.

I was not expecting even more of a half assed attempt with young avengers.

They did.

>champions is a horrible #WOKE mess written by Waid instead of a cartoon

It was such a good mix of suprepower types too.

>Ninja trained rich orphan
>2 mutants
>science experiment victim
>alien powered space ranger
>princess of Atlantis
>guy who ran afoul radioactive waste

They even had power armor wearer and super robot when Turbo and Darkhawk came out to play

They were basically the most inclusive team in Marvel fopr the longest time.

Why has Marvel been to intent on shitting on this team for so long? Ever since the second series New Warriors have to be the biggest losers of Marvel, and that still goes on today.

>Young Avengers, particularly the Gillen/McKelvie run, did very well.
I think you got that backwards. Gillen's run was shit.

The only character that had enough traction for a solo series in New Warriors was Nova and even he was never very big during their runs. Almost none ever featured frequently in other series beside Namorita in Namor. Their villains are also less important to the Marvel Universe. There is very little merchandise connected to New Warriors and no cartoon that I am aware of.

DC's Titans have the various Robins who all get solos. The other team members frequently crossover to bigger titles as individuals and as a group. The villains connected to them like Trigon and Deathstroke are important to the DC Universe. Titans members have been represented in cartoons, videogames and merchandise for decades now.

marvel needs a TTGO cartoon

with a single team to be relevant again

I forgot about blue waifu Namorita. Is she still dead?

I think it's pretty bizarre how Marvel deliberately poisoned one of its brands like they did with New Warriors.

Nope, came back due to time shenanigans after the Cancerverse story.

Still blue.

Eh her teen self did, pre blue era.

Marvel cant have a you white male, what do you think this is a Hitler youth rally?

Really? I could have sworn it was the blue one.

Oh, well.

Hell the Marvel now relaunch continued that with a mutant, a clone, an inhuman, another atlantean, a demigod etc.

the creators watched too much TTG

She definitely wasn't blue when Rich brought her back to life, but Marvel is really trying to make you forget she's alive.

Bump

Too pure for this world.