ITT: Sup Forums shit you didn't know really existed

>The national & international propane convention is in Nashville this year
>They have a distinguished service award

I mean. I guess. I know it's an industry and stuff. But...huh. How about that.

Also,
>Alamo beer is real

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It took me a while to discover that Chuck Mangione is a real person.

Same, me and friend where in a CD store and saw this. We freaked out finding out he was a real person.

I didn't know Casa Bonita and Bennigan's were real places.

As some one who live in Texas I can tell you Hank Hill does not drink the Real Alamo Beer. That's a fancy micro-brewry in San Antonio that I can't even find living only 30 miles away.
He drinks Lonestar: The National Beer of Texas
>It's Cheap
>It's associated with Texas Nationalism/Pride
>Comes in those White with Red accent Cans
>such a low abv you drink 6 and not be totally wasted
>used to be only brewed in San Antonio by the original Alamo Brewing Company until they were bought out in mid 1900's

Hank Hill doesn't strike me as the craft beer sort and even if he did he'd probably drink Real Ale products since they're the cheapest craft beer available and they don't try to come off as hipster shit.

If you get a chance try Lonestar you can taste the corn and Lower Middle Class lifestyle that inspired King of the Hill

Holy shit exactly this.
I held it up "Wait, he's REAL?"

an alarming amount of KotH is real
people not knowing this, though, baffles me. If he wasn't real, there would be no joke. Plus the line deliveries are clearly crummy. and if you've never heard 'Feels So Good' i mean.. have you ever been in an elevator? Not.. not a real life one obviously, but a TV one. or heard someone on hold on the phone?

now, as for Whataburger, that one I couldn't believe was real. it sounds so fake.

also Hank really shouldnt have lied to Bobby (and the 1996 audience) by claiming Weird Al killed himself in the 80s. That wasn't just out of left field, it was a foul ball I tell you what

so basically King of the Hill is an alternate history show where the major difference in the timeline is that the original Alamo Brewing Co was never bought out by Lonestar? Fascinating.

Oh, and Taco Bueno. That one sounds like a really specific parody name that no real self-respecting restaurant would go by

Also Propane is...generally exactly the same, just a little more prestigious with its awards and blazers.

Wasn't the Weird Al joke Hank getting Al confused for a different sampling artist?

if so that would make it funny and explain it nicely... is there someone whose name sounds like that?
they both pronounced it yankovITCH so

I live in Texas and I love their hamburgers and Texas Toast patty melts.
Dairy Queen here also has burgers almost as good. I was surprised to find out in many states Dairy Queen only has ice cream which I thought was weird as fuck.

technically the entity providing the food is 'brazier', a semi separate restaurant.. what's sad to me is some DQs near me have just ice cream and simple stuff like hot dogs but no fries or chicken strips..

I was an extremely dumb and sheltered child. A lot of real life celebrity references flew over my head. If I didn't recognize them I'd just assume it was a parody to protect the writers from a lawsuit, or a timeless celeb archetype.

Until late into middle school I thought "Madonna" was just slang for flavor-of-the-month pop star that only ever sings about sex.

It doesn't hurt that that IS a term in addition to a person. I think you can be forgiven for that one

I used to think Peter Lorre was just some old cartoon character who's likeness was reused a million times, like Dracula.

I've always had extra appreciation for his appearances in KotH because I am from Rochester NY, Mangione's hometown. I grew up thinking that he was just some really crummy local guy that only people from around here knew until I saw him on KotH.

This is completely reasonable considering the insane number of cartoon caricatures of him that exist. Seeing him in Casablanca for the first time was like uncovering a secret cypher that decoded a million pop culture references.

see I feel like you still should have gotten that from context, since there were so many looney tunes where a peter lorre fish or whatever would appear alongside 10 other recognizable caricatures
that said there's a ton of real people whom i found out (or maybe sometimes always knew) were real but never knew WHO and it's really hard to figure it out
like that guy on The Critic who interviewed Johnny Rotten and awkwardly tried to describe his understanding of hip cool rock stars

> Casablanca

I always remember him from M

>he doesn't remember Peter Lorre from "The Raven"

The term you are thinking of is actually "Prima donna", which specifically refers to a spoiled, high maintenance female performing artist but can more generally refer to any spoiled, demanding woman.

Also garland (where mike judge grew up), and arlington are probably combined

they even turned peter into a pokemon.

Huh, never knew Chuck came out of Rochester, Now if only Polar bear club could get some more recognition.

i did actually briefly think that term related to madonna
but no I'm pretty sure people use madonna as synecdoche, the same as one would 'a barbie' for a bimbo. we have a lot of those in our language that we never even think about, like milquetoast

also yknow it's italian for mother or whatever, so you get that too.
or rather, when augustus hill garland settled the dispute between embree and duck creek, he handed control over to harlottown because they know how to party
cannot unsee
yeah man, skinny dipping in ice water is rockin awesome in my book. shrinkage my ass, i get increased blood flow in that scenario.

I meant the band, but I don't have anything against it, it's pretty refreshing. Greetings from the 716.

>shit you didn't know really existed
this youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4

I had no idea Whataburger was real. I thought it was a parody of Wienerschnitzel.

>all these anons ITT that have never heard of Whataburger
>there's fucking four within a mile of me
>they never grew up getting What-a-Guy and Attaboy toys in their kids meals
You have no idea what you're missing. Does Whataburger even do kids meals anymore?

>fucking anons haven't shopped at HEB
do you even have any Buddy Bucks?