AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Information Round-Up

Round-up of the plot details that have been disclosed or leaked so far.

>The Avengers are disbanded and its members have gone separate ways, with most of them having become fugitives of the government and forced into hiding.

>Tony Stark is the only government-sanctioned superhero still in action and has isolated himself from the world, obsessively attempting to prepare it for an impending alien invasion.

>Steve Rogers is still in action but has become a public enemy, abandoned the identity of Captain America and grow desillusioned with the government.

>Thanos plans to assemble the Infinity Stones to reconfigure the Universe as he sees fit. Doctor Strange is the one that finds out about his plans and assembles the remnants of the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy to collect the Infinity Stones scattered across the galaxy before Thanos can.

>The Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy visit many distant words as they attemp to complet their quest before Thanos. Loki is acting as Thanos's advisor throughout the conflict.

>The movie centers on the Avengers putting their differences aside to stop Thanos, particularly Stark and Rogers.

>Scarlet Witch and Vision have pivotal roles, and Scarlet Witch is one of the few whose powers can disrupt Thanos.

>Stark and Strange's newfound friendship is one of the main character interactions of the movie alongside the interactions between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>Several heroes such as Captain Marvel, Black Panther and the Wasp will only make appearances in the fourth AVENGERS movie which is being filmed back-to-back with AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

>Thanos plans to assemble the Infinity Stones to reconfigure the Universe as he sees fit.

No Mistress Death?

>>Thanos plans to assemble the Infinity Stones to reconfigure the Universe as he sees fit. Doctor Strange is the one that finds out about his plans and assembles the remnants of the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy to collect the Infinity Stones scattered across the galaxy before Thanos can.
See, I find this odd. How would Dr. Strange discover this? Why would he contact the GOTG instead of any other alien race? Wouldn't Thor or the GOTG be better fits to explain Thanos after he destroys Asgard/Xandar?

>Scarlet Witch is one of the few whose powers can disrupt Thanos.
You mean the character they leave out of all games and merchandise?

Rebalancing the universe for Death is his whole motivation in the comic.

they're gonna bring her in, the whole courting death teaser in Avengers, cmon son

we know Strange is barely in it bc Cumberpatch's stand in is playing the role and they're CGI's Bendys face on the shots where you see Strange's face.

The comic begins with the Surfer crashing into the Sanctum to warn Strange about Thanos. Expect the Surfer to be replaced by Thor.

He has the Time Stone. Plus he protects the world from extradimensional threats and Thanos lives in another dimension.

That's the in-universe reason. The real world reason is that Doctor Strange is posited to replace Iron Man as one of the cornerstones of the post-Thanos MCU and needs a prominent role.

That's just a rumor, senpai. And has all the bearing of an unfounded one.

With Thor 3 going off the chains, I hope they'd bring in Death now.
I can deal with that.
See, I don't see Dr. Strange going that cosmic. And if Dr. Strange knew about Thanos, why would he go to a group of mercenaries like the GOTG instead of say, the Kree empire?

Well he's also one of the few Earth heroes to get a sizable role in the comics. He does rally the Earth heroes and then hangs back and plots with the Surfer and Warlock while everyone else is basically just a distraction. Obviously things will go differently in the movies but it's not unwarranted for him to have a prominent role.

>And if Dr. Strange knew about Thanos, why would he go to a group of mercenaries like the GOTG instead of say, the Kree empire?

As if they'd be willing to help. They're assholes.

>no Black Panther til the sequel

And there goes my interest

The Guardians of the Galaxy consist of

>A human who'd have a more vested interested in protecting Earth AND one of the few to ever hold an Infinity Stone and survive

>Two of Thanos's adoptive daughters

>A man whose life mission is to kill Thanos.

>A powerful and seemingly immortal tree-like being.

They're the most logical choice, and you get a raccoon and a qt alien in the bargain.

He gets his own movie in the very same year.

I doubt he just contacts them, no one even knows they exist. Im just spitballing, but I find it more likely that the Earth heroes travel to, say, the ruins of Xandar and that's where they bump into the Guardians who are on a similar mission.

That's because Marvel is in-charge of games and merchandising. Disney handles the movies.

Don't forget that GOTG2 takes place only a few months after the first one, so by the time of Infinity War they probably have a big reputation of fighting off cosmic level threats with at least two world ending events personally stopped.

And a pseudo-raccoon who is an expert at building and repairing tech on the fly. That sort of person is always useful.

This sounds underwhelming as fuck. Good thing this just OP's baseless fantasies.

Most of it is confirmed.

>Several heroes such as Captain Marvel, Black Panther and the Wasp will only make appearances in the fourth AVENGERS

That's bullshit in regards to Captain Marvel. It's been long confirmed she's making her debut in Infinity War. Marvel Studios has stated that Doctor Strange is the last origins film they're doing. Any new character that is solo movie worthy will, henceforth, be introduced as a supporting character first. Just like Black Panther and Spider-Man were.

It's long been rumored, but not confirmed. And at one point it was said "Doctor Strange" wouldn't be an origin movie either so I wouldn't put much stake in what has been said.

Thor finds out, he is the character who has connections to the cosmic, mystic, and Earth.

The bigger question is who told Thor about Strange, as he clearly knew nothing about Kamar-Taj judging by his comments about wizards in the DS post credits.

Luis from Ant-man.

Also, note that Wanda, Bucky, and Sam are shown next to Rocket Raccoon on that character wall.

Caps team can't do much on Earth, so space adventuring seems a better idea.

Luis from Ant-Man is The Gossiper, the brother of the Collector and The Grandmaster.

He's like the shoe shiner in Naked Gun.

And he protects Wakanda, not Asgard or Xandar.

And the Homo Stone is inside Bucky's ass. T'Challa better be prepared for Thanos attack.

Thanos turns to Steve...And uses the Homo Stone...

"Steve...You're gay..."

Then they make out while Bucky and Tony cry.

Avengers and AoU had a special focus on Tony and from the looks of it this one will to.

>and Tony cry.
This is the worst part of Civil War. As far as I remember Stark and Rogers have always been on each others' throat, Tony being the bully most of the time, but suddenly their relationship is treated as if they were inseparable best buds all along.

>Stark and Strange's newfound friendship is one of the main character interactions of the movie alongside the interactions between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Stark and Strange will be fun, also hoping for Cap and Star-Lord having some moments mainly because Pratt and Evans are bros IRL.

I'm looking forward to Rocket interacting with Thor myself.

Who will make Sam a new Falcon suit?

Wakanda?

>Who will make Sam a new Falcon suit?

Stark, probably. He bankrolled the Avengers before they disbanded. I wouldn't be surprised if he had spares or even an upgraded Wingpack in the works when CW happened.

>Broing it up as they smash through minions
>Scarlet Witch and Vision getting more screentime because Markus and McFeely have Scarlet Witch as their waifu
>Black Widow and Gamora rolling their eyes at their idiot friends

>>Stark and Strange's newfound friendship is one of the main character interactions of the movie

Yeah, beard bros for life!

It wasn't like that at all, it was much complicated, they aren't exactly buddies but they grew to respect each other and they were friends just not bro or buddy tier. They are also connected through Howard so there is a familial aspect to their relationship which makes sense family members aren't always people you necessarily get along with or have much in common but they're people who you'll always have a connection with and (unless they've been ultra abusive and unhealthy assholes towards you) they'll have your back.

Also it's obvious Tony has a lot of baggage when it comes to Steve which can be traced to the Avengers movie (probably Iron Man 2 if you squint) especially if you add RDJ's commentary about their relationship and the last episode of Agent Carter in context. Tony grew up with a constantly absent and distant father who in his eyes always dismissed him and was cold towards him.

But said father always talked about Captain America a lot in a way that made Tony angry.

From Avengers
>Tony:This is the guy my dad wouldn't shut up about?

From Civil War
>Steve: You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single.

>Tony: Oh really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you.

Then there's Agent Carter when Howard, under Fennhoff's hypnosis thinks that he's found Cap and he's going to save him, but in reality about to nuke Manhattan with the Midnight Oil gas. Peggy tries to convince him that what he's doing isn't real. Then she just breaks down in tears
>Peggy: Howard, I know you loved him. I loved him, too. But this won't bring him back... Steve is gone. We have to move on, all of us. As impossible as that may sound, we have to let him go.

And then later
>Howard: Peg, all I've done my whole life is create destruction. Project Rebirth was— He was the one thing I've done that brought good into this world.
It obviously echoes the video Tony finds of Howard in Iron Man 2 about Tony being his greatest creation.

You can imagine what Howard felt for Steve and the things that he said to Tony about him and it's no wonder why Tony is jealous

Also RDJ's commentary about Steve and Tony's relationship from a old Collider Avengers interview
>RDJ.: Could you imagine if you met your long-lost brother that was your dad’s favorite, and all of a sudden, he is in town? He doesn’t really want to hang out, but there’s business. It’s so annoying.

Despite said jealousy it's obvious Tony did want to be friends with Steve, but he's also the kind of person who likes badgering people and poking them and while Rhodey, Pepper (although not without putting him in his place), Happy, Bruce and others eventually warmed up to him, Steve had a bunch of his own problems and he really gets more annoyed at Tony (and it took Tony proving himself in Avengers to make Steve realize he wasn't just a gloryhound).

And even afterwards in Civil War all Tony wants is to get Steve's approval and for Steve to back him up but then Steve throws it all away to help Bucky and then when Tony finds out about the Winter Soldier killing his parents, and then Tony dropping the shield and leaving, it was the ultimate betrayal for Tony (and honestly I think Civil War was more personal for Tony than it was for Steve)

Also judging by the "He's my friend" "so was I" exchange Tony did consider Steve a friend and it's kind of obvious he really wanted for them to be bros but it didn't give.

As for Steve he probably considered Tony a friend but he didn't really see him a buddy or anything deeper than that, probably didn't even think Tony liked him or anything

Guys, it's happening. We're actually about to witness a version of Infinity Gauntlet on the big screen. It almost feels like Avengers 1 all over again. I mean, I was looking forward to Ultron but I think there was this sense that it wasn't the main event, y'know? I remember one of the hugest things that grabbed people about the first movie, at least here ok Sup Forums, was that tease at the end. So when they switched to Ultron, the second movie kinda wound up feeling like a distraction (albeit one that wound up helping develop the characters in conjunction with Civil War). But now, it's finally time to deliver.

I can't help but be hype. Which is gonna make it out all the more disappointing if not's something really special.

BUT.

Will the Defenders be in it?

Hell no. Thats pretty much a guarantee user

I CAN DREAM DAMNIT

Look the only continuity error I have with Defenders at this point, or will in the future, is them ignoring the elephant in the room which is Spider Man.

No Adam Warlock = No interest

My big, glaring gripe right now is that Stark was able to grab Spidey but not Daredevil when they live like, a few blocks away from each other. `

Why would Stark even want DD? He's a street level martial artist, and Stark has zero idea that hes blind or has enhanced senses. Peter made the cut because of his metahuman level strength and stamina. No, the problem is the Defenders shows focus on street level NY heroes, and yet no one feels the need to address the high profile web slinger in their back yard. Not really looking for a crossover or anything, just acknowledge that hes there

You know what? You're right. I'll add it to my list of things I'm angry about.

>able

One of them can lift a car.

The other is, as far as anyone knows, just a thug.

>Will the Defenders be in it?

Of course not. Marvel Studios will never include things that Marvel Entertainment produces.

I wonder if it's Ike not wanting to lend his toys or if Feige is this petty.

Charlie Cox has movie appearances in his contract so the crossover was actually planned to happen.

Nah Kevin Feige has already said this movie is different from the rest of the MCU in that it follows Thanos as the main character.

I swear I remember reading somewhere that Daredevil was on the table for Civil War early on, before they made the Spider-Man deal. Might have just been a bullshit rumor I read on Sup Forums though.

>I wonder if it's Ike not wanting to lend his toys or if Feige is this petty.

It's Ike being a cunt and Feige trying to keep him from shitting up what he built.

>Feige trying to keep him from shitting up what he built.
He's already done this. It's not like the Defenders or AoS would stole the show, they aren't nowhere near the power level to do that.

Wait, there's Avengers 3, 4 AND Infinity War?

4 and 5 are the Thanos story they just call them "stand alone movies" because two parters are box office cancer.

>3 and 4*

My bad.