I hate the world we live in now

When the character of Apu was made most of the 7/11 where all this guy and some still are.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=17c9v1U9Vig
youtube.com/watch?v=zGzvEqBvkP8
youtu.be/PwVynvmNk_Q
youtu.be/vsYhNfxpUD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But he's also an honest, hard-working family man. Even if the voice is a stereotype he's not a very offensive character.

Punctuation is important, nigger.

Didnt the Simpsons insulted whole France multiple times? No cares about Apu.

Isn't Flanders a stereotype as well?

Will this be the straw that gets The Simpsons cancelled?

>lol look at homer
>white people are stupid lol
>hey that's an Indian character working at a convenience store
>he's so hardworking and accommodating
>THAT'S OFFENSIVE
Fuck Poo in the Loos

He's sort of a scummy shifty jew though.
youtube.com/watch?v=17c9v1U9Vig

>he outsmarts the dumb white guy
Yeah, that's racist.

>implying its a stereotype
name one gas station/corner/liquor you've gone in that wasn't ran by an indian, protip you can't, in which case it was an arab

Can't blame the dude for playing the game. People like talking pop culture shit and race shit and you gotta get paid. Plus I'd probably get tired of being called Apu all my life, not that that's the Simpsons's fault.

OOOH GOOD HEAVENS MR SIMPSON

This it's a piece of modern American culture which has been exaggerated for comedic effect because that's what you do in comedy TV shows

Homer is yellow, not white.

>Sneed's Kwik E. Mart
>Formerly Apu's

The problem w/ this criticism and most modern criticism on this topic is that he's a character, not an representative. He's not "Indian people,' he's 'this indian person.' I get that Azaria doing the voice could be a little offensive 20+ years on, but it's not a negative portrayal. I'm Italian, Fat Tony is a mafia stereotype which gets old, i guess I could make a documentary. But he's not "Italian people,' he's 'Fat Tony.'

I remember seeing a trailer for a documentary about a pajeet in America talking about how bad the character was and actually demonizing Azaria for voicing him.

Apu actually the best episodes, even on modern seasons.

Every character in The Simpsons is an exaggerated stereotype

Barney - Alcoholic loser
Willy - OCH AYE THE NOOO SCOTSMAN
Flanders family - Bible bashers
Comic Book Guy - Neckbeard basement dweller
Abe, Moleman etc - Demented old people
Mr Burns - Evil Money grubbing capitalist

I could go on to list every character in the whole show.

And what about the mockery of irl famous people like Rainer Wolfcastle and Drederick Tatum?

Fucking SJWs and their "problematic" bullshit.

>Moleman
>demented and old
How dare you. He's 31!

He's not Fat Tony though

He's Fat Tony's twin brother Fit Tony who took over the mob after his brother died of a heart attack but then gained weight himself because of the stress of being a mob boss and losing his beloved brother so everyone just started calling him "Fat Tony" too

This. Apu isn't a racist character because the show never really mocks him for being an Indian. For being a shady businessman, yes, but so is every other business owner in the show. The punchline of a joke is never mocking Apu because of his ethnicity.

I think the biggest issue with claims like this is that many vocal opponents to stereotyping in media don't really understand what they're talking about. Their only exposure to cultural studies or criticism probably comes from a blog or yourube video, or (at best) a survey class in college they didn't understand. And in general, that really hurts discussions like this. It's valuable to know what's actually offensive and what isn't. If they wanted to pick out a modern Indian TV character as offensive, they'd have better luck with Raj from the Big Bang Theory, whose Indian-ness is the butt of the joke all the time. Apu is harmless by comparison.

>problematic
Doesn't even recognize by now how cringy this word is?

I wasn't even aware this was a stereotype growing up. Maybe I was sheltered but I feel like I went to a lot of convenience stores and never once encountered this stereotype in Arizona/Colorado. I feel like the meme is spreading, though. Started encountering it in the major cities now.. also taxi cab drivers. Up until a few years ago I thought that was a New York thing, suddenly every fucking cab driver everywhere is a poo in loo. From what I could understand from one I talked to about it I believe there's some work visa scam that they use that industry to bring more of their people here, so slowly they've been completely taking over the taxi industry.

maybe accurate accents are no longer allowed/PC

youtube.com/watch?v=zGzvEqBvkP8

Will you watch it Sup Forums?

Its literally just white people complainig about it and second+ generation immigrants who dont like being associated with the first generation, bunch of ungrateful whiny fucks

as usual you can mock white people, but not non whites

>fuck germans
totally ok
>fuck mexicans
whoa racist

What a fucking killjoy.

>The Problem With A Poo
he he

what?

Are there any Indians here that are annoyed at people getting offended on your behalf?

I'm Scottish and groundskeeper willy is hilarious to me, even though half the references make no sense

Hopefully this Weinsteins the Simpsons and puts it out of its misery.

>In a show designed to make fun of stereotypes.
>Let's take one and point out how we do not like it
>Leave all the other stereotypes alone because we still laugh at those

Where I live in Virginia. ALL gas stations and ALL Subways are owned by Indians. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

...also normies will panic if the PC police kill the Simpsons.

What do us Scots really get offended over besides Celtic and Rangers? Or anything to do with football now that I think about it?

I think in a zombie simpsons episode he cheated on his wife

And Homer, and Mr Burns, and Smithers, and Moe, and Ms Hoover, and Skinner, and Willie, and Kirk, and Nelson, and Krusty, and Barney, and Wiggum, and Comic Book Guy, and Helen Lovejoy, .......

It's happens all the time.

A lot of white people offended by that new Brie Larson movie,Indians don't fucking care.

white stereotypes are funny and empowering
minority stereotypes are not

youtu.be/PwVynvmNk_Q

Mexicans don't care though. We like bumbleeman.

I was wrong, they're cousins, not brothers
>When Fat Tony dies of a heart attack Fit Tony moves to Springfield and takes his cousin's place running the Springfield Mob. The pressure of the position gets to him and he begins to over-eat which causes him to put on weight. As a result of this weight gain he becomes known as Fit-Fat Tony and then simply Fat Tony.

>Fit-Fat Tony, nicknamed Fat Tony, now looks exactly like his cousin to such an extent that it is as if the original Fat Tony never died. This physical resemblance suggests that all previous appearances of Fat Tony are in fact of Fit Fat Tony in a similar situation to Snowball II and Snowball V or Armin Tamzarian and real Seymour Skinner.

I am a pajeet on my mother's side. Apu is my mom's favourite character in The Simpsons. Also bindi are just jewelry and have no religious significance to most Indian women, who wear them to coordinate outfits, it's not the same as that red henna hindu dot thing. Fuck SJWs.

Apu and Ralph are the most problematic Simpsons characters. Apu represents white maie fragility and inherent racism against Indians in western culture while Ralph represents neuroatypical people with autism. The Simpsons makes fun of both of them and it's not right, would Matt Groening make fun of an Indian or a neuroatypical Down's Syndrome child in real life? Well he does on his show...

Posting zombie Simpsons should be bannable. Stop ruining my good memories.

every character on the Simpsons is a stereotype. who gets mad about this

it was basically their attempt of killing off a regular character but then backing out of it

Wrong thread?

Apu is actually a highly educated indian.
But, he the simpsons he is forced to work at a 7/11-type store.

The simpsons actually sends a message of how coming from a different background,
will make people less likely to hire you, even if your very qualified.

Apu was very SJW and PC for his time.

youtu.be/vsYhNfxpUD0

Is Apu a common name in India?

>a meme i saw
>does not represent the world
>a meme i saw
>a meme i saw

repeat it to yourself over and over again. a meme pic you saw on Sup Forums does not have any fucking bearing on reality. go outside

I would say that the pizza baker is more of an Italian stereotype

>that comments section
liberal propaganda machine on suicide watch. How long until they completely censor the internet?

I hate democrats more than I hate niggers

Reminds me of this guy

I get that the whole gas station owner thing can be a bit demeaning, but atleast it's better than the black criminal stereotype or Mexican drug dealer one. I mean most of these places are owned by south Asians in real life and they're decent paying

no, I won't read your shitty article or give your shitty video a view. you deserve no adsense revenue.