ITT: media that deserves to be adapted into film not by capeshit studios but rather by actual independent directors

>ITT: media that deserves to be adapted into film not by capeshit studios but rather by actual independent directors

>muh live action anime

That movie is perfectly fine as it is. I'd rather have people being creative and telling new stories.

Jin Roh does not need a live action adaption. It's a specifically Japanese story but the Japs are terrible at LA adaptions. A small studio couldn't pull off showcasing the alternative universe anyway.

Monster, on the other hand, would make for a fucking great independent movie.

I'll be the one to ask.

BUT WHY?

I can get adapting books and even shit like comics, but what's the point of adapting something from one form of feature film to another?

So he can prattle on about how good his entry level taste is on his twitter account

>entry level taste
So, is this the Sup Forums buzzword equivalent for "dadrock"?

jin roh fucking sucks dude. The only thing it has going for it is the quality of animation and the armor design. The dialogue, story, and characters are total shit

its literally about two faceless entities backstabbing each other for reasons i coildnt care about while a semi interesting story about a soldier who is growing to be empathic is crushed by hamfisted little red riding. hood symbolism

I AM WEARING ALL RED AND I WANT TO LOVE YOU
YOU CANNOT LOVE ME, FOR I AM A WOLF AND I WOULD GOBBLE YOU UP

fucking christ, throw this in the pile of "gif" anime movies. Movies that have beautiful animation and not much else

Imagine being this new to not only Sup Forums of all boards but the entire site
jesus christ go home

>muh murican law for films to be about characters who GROW UP LIKE REAL PEOPLE and COMPLETE STORY ARCS LIKE REAL PEOPLE

there already are live action films

Most boards use different variations of the term ("dadrock", "baby's first X", etc.) but the reference is always the same. Either way, it's an incredibly fucking retarded term, since quite literally anything can be arbitrarily classified as "entry level taste".

i dont need everything to be grounded in reality, hell my favorite anime movie is mindgame. And while that is about characters that GROW UP its not in a bullshit symbolic hamfisted way while two boring companies talk about their uninteresting goals

They sort of suck though.

and you honestly expect hollywood to do better?
>>>/reddit/

Zack Snyder's Evangelion

Does anime that's not for either Sup Forums moeshitters or Sup Forums fedoraplebs exist?

Madoka

any /m/ anime that isn't evangelion or gurren lagann

oerfect blue

>unironically implying Gundam is more sophisticated than Evangellion
I'm not even an Envagelionfag but come on.

>or Sup Forums fedoraplebs

no one said anything about sophisticated anime
I'm implying evangelion is quintessentially the Sup Forums fedora anime which is is, case in point your reply

You're posting in a thread about one. Consider everything from Oshii and Otomo. Also, and however the fuck the faggot that directed it and also directed Paprika is called.

Am I a pleb if I didn't get this movie?
It looked cool but I wasn't sure what the plot was about.

It would've made a great live action film too

uh, sorry sweetie

Ping Pong: The Animation

every single time

meant for

mindgame
redline

>It has nude womyn, so it's not as intelligenter as Gundam!

>waah why does this show about a boy entering pubrety coming of age have so much sexuality?

The only one of those boards I browse is Sup Forums, and I don't remember that thread at all.

Still waiting for the japanese live action movie in production hell.

>show about a boy entering pubrety coming of age
>intelligent or sophisticated
eva confirmed for Sup Forums fedoraplebshit then

You have to watch the good stuff, like Fooly Cooly.

Not even the best movie in its trilogy and the other two are already live action
If anything Kerberos Panzer Jager deserves to be adapted into any kind of visual medium instead of being stuck as a radio drama

It doesn't need one imo, it'd be ruined if it was made into a live action film.

It alredy have 2 live action movies at the same universe you fucking idiot.

both are shit tho

>big robot laser shoot fly space mechs
>intelligent or sophisticated

>Evangelion was a mecha anime

Not him and don't know much about Evangelion besides the memes but judging a narrative by what it literally is about is completely fucking retarded.

guaranteed replies from the "Kubrick doesn't count as kino because he's too famous" crowd.

*blocks your pat*

Who gives a shit, those two shows have nothing in common outside of having giant robots in them, and if you think that's enough to compare them you are so retarded that both narratives (which were written specifically with 13-15 years old in mind) would fly over your head

robots don't shoot lasers in this

Eh, fair enough.

It already exists doesnt it?

I saw a kerberos movie on my watch list

Miyazaki of course

This, starring Christina Hendricks.
I don't know what its from though.

he adapted it too early in his career

Can someone explain the themes/motifs of this film?
I went in expecting a fun action flick but got a shitton of dialogue and obscure metaphors

Who called the pleb patrol?

Someone adapt this webm into a movie.

Pic related is one of the very few animes that could work as live action.

It's part of a series, there's three movies (The Red Spectacles, Stray Dogs and Jin Roh), three mangas (Kerberos Panzer Cop, Rainy Dogs and Kerberos x Tachiguishi) and two audio dramas (while waiting for the red spectacles and kerberos panzer jager)
Ironically the series actually goes backwards with the new installments almost always being prequels, with Panzer Jager going all the way back to ww2. The timeline is something like
Kerberos Panzer Jager
Jin Roh
Kerberos Panzer Cop
Rainy Dogs
Stray Dogs
While waiting for the red spectacles
the red spectacles
They also tie in with the Tachiguishi movies (Tachiguishi Retsuden, Onna Tachiguishi Retsuden and Shin Onna Tachiguishi Retsuden)
Unfortunately it's mostly unknown in the west and you can only find some stuff translated

>Gay Niggers from Outerspace 2: The Breeding

>some weebshit that stole artwork from Killzone

kys

please take your mt dew addled brain back to

>Plebbitors who dont know the kino Ideon

How is that related to gundam and evangelion being two completely different narratives?

LoGH

The whole series is about "wolves" (i.e. sociopathic killers) being turned into "house dogs" (made to serve the government in the violent metro police) and finally turning into stray dogs after the government abandons them
In this movie they added a bunch of little red riding hood metaphors to the story to show how a "wolf" relates to other human beings and how he can't escape his nature