Legion

You ARE watching this kino, right Sup Forums?

anyone else?

I am user. I'm surprised it hasn't been getting more traction here.

That yellow thing's probably either Mojo, Shadow King, or Prof. Y.

Or a split personality, together with The World's Angriest Boy in the World.

at this point, I think it's safe to say he's imagined his dad into existence, and that's why the yellow eyed man was able to fuck with him.
Considering the faux-60s/70s vibe the show has, I bet Mojo is the guy. Mostly cause people said mojo then.

>kino
That bad huh?

Why do people keep saying Mojo? There's nothing about that character that fits except being a fatass yellow thing.

That's like saying "The Eye" is Puppetmaster because he likes carving effigies out of wood.

Because it's average. It's not awful, it's not great.

Pretty sure he's just their take on the Gold Xavier personality. Maybe he's been installed by Xavier himself. The old woman said it felt like things had been locked away.
Come to think of it, assuming most of the cast we've seen is actually real, we really haven't seen much of the titular Legion of personalities in his head. It's all been David and a few voices and nightmares and haunting memories.
Makes me wonder if the memory works won't inadvertently open the floodgates.

All this "subtle" marketing is totally working.

my buddy reccomended it for me because it is mindfucking and full of ohshit moments, was he right?

>ohshit moments
Not det, but they seem inevitable. It is pretty mindfucky and looks good while doing it.

We had a fairly big live thread earlier. It's ok, some really cool moments and a lot of boring filler. Pacing of the show is kinda weird, would be better to watch the whole season at once instead of having to wait 10 episodes for something to happen.

It got like 100 posts, I remember season one Flash would get like 4 threads reaching bump limit.

This show is so worried about looking cool it forgets to be legitimately interesting.

Like don't get me wrong, it's brilliantly shot, but so far the plot is nothing special and the lameass reveal that "they're all in his head" is going to be held secret for way too long.

Even Riverdale is more popular then this, and it's literally just a cliche soap opera. Sup Forums isn't doing too well these days.

Yeah pretty much, people have completely swallowed the marketing line that this is a "smart" show. It's even worse than everyone falling for "Winter Soldier is a 70s paranoid thriller!"

I'm pretty sure we'll have like 4 threads going to shitpost about the new Justice League trailer when it drops though.

I'm gonna watch the new ep but if it doesn't get interesting soon I'm gonna drop it.

Be honest with me Sup Forums.

I think the CW shit is low budget, badly written trash and outside of Daredevil S1 the Netflix Marvel shows have been boring as fuck. Should I even bother with this or no?

I don't think Xavier will have anything to do with the series. The writers want Legion to be able to stand on its own without any relation to the X-Men movies. Also, they quickly showed his parents in a scene this episode.

I don't think it would be Mojo because that would simply be retarded from both a conceptual perspective and a storytelling perspective.

I don't think it would be Shadow King because it would be too complicated too soon from a storytelling perspective.

The Angriest Boy in the World and the Demon with the Yellow Eyes are probably both similar entities.

My money is on each of them being alternate personalities, trauma given form, mummudrai (parasite from the astral plane in the comics but probably reworked somehow in the show), or psionic entities born from David's mind (not entirely unlike Onslaught).

its very different from those, I like it a lot

I agree. Don't think anyone else on the show will be from the comics at all, no Xavier and the Villain will just be an original alternate personality and not Mojo/Shadow King.

Okay watching third episode, sometimes the dialogue on this show just gets ridiculously florid. Like when Syd was talking about her mom, tone it down a bit.

>it's brilliantly shot

Not really desu, it's fine but "brilliant" it is not.

Agents of Shield season 4 > Daredevil Season 1+Punisher > Legion > Flash season 1 >>>>>>>> everything else

Whoa, suddenly it's gone /ss/.

Have to agree with you on that.

What's the deal with "The Eye" guy? I already read up on Legion's background but don't remember him...

Just an OC like all the bargain bin X-men.

Just ignore the cancerous Sup Forums meme and assume 'kino' means 'good'.

Anybody has some Legion Reccomended readings?
I've already read "X-men:Legacy" and really liked the character.

link to live thread?

yeah they keep stretching the plot that he is legit crazy, too thin

Is this teh live/talkback thread or was there another?

First episode was great, but both 2 and 3 has been pretty darn uneventful.
Also pretty shit that they pulled back so heavily on the AESTHETICS, but it was probably unavoidable since it still is a mainstream TV-show.

They could have compensated aesthetics with plot reveals/advancement but they keep circlejerking with previous footage & visuals

Sup Forums has overall slowed down because of a significant gap in live action capeshit for a while now.

Even after the start of cape shit this year it seems the flood of people that had come previously have not returned. I or one prefer Sup Forums being slower. The quality of threads have slightly improved

I only watch Daredevil, JJ droped at episode 3, Cage just saw the trailer, AoS just the first ep and droped, Gotham also droped at the end of season 1, this didn't look horrible but the last action scene in the first episode was one of the worst I maybe watch the second

ANd Daredevil only to watch D'Onofrio, and now Bernthal

Well, that's really the only thing where he is actually his own character. Apart from that he's always just the plot device to create an interesting adventure for someone else to navigate.
But I'd still recommend at least his original appearances in New Mutants as those are pretty interesting reads. I believe some user recently storytimed them in one of these threads, so maybe look in the archives or just hunt them down yourself.

>the last action scene in the first episode was one of the worst
Yeah. Take solace in the fact that they're not gonna try and repeat that experiment again any time soon.

I love Legion

He's so crazy! He's so crazy! Love it

its fucking awesome

>tfw your Rogue-fu won't switch bodies with you and jack you off