How bad you guys think that Disney will fuck up the casting of Mulan?

how bad you guys think that Disney will fuck up the casting of Mulan?

Other urls found in this thread:

modelmayhem.com/3820355
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If it's not a Black, lesbian, obese, immigrant, refugee there will be a shitfit

Stop being retarded. If the Chinese character isn't Chinese there will be a shitfit.

definitely chinese.

they need the chinkbux and theyll only get it by basically agreeing with the chinese film board in making it into propaganda

So chinkbux>nipbux?

For hollywood right now? Yes.

Consider this. In Dr strange, the motivation to racebend the old one from an old asian male to a weird looking white woman was because of the chinese.

pretty weird though. They changed him because the original character was a Tibetan national, but they could have just changed that to Chinese instead of making him a white woman.

gweilos are better than tibetans or cambodians for any situation for them.

also super weird how they put a lot of focus on the chinese librarian guy and the hongkong sanctum

This chick is in the running (NSFW portfolio)
modelmayhem.com/3820355

I bet you it'll be that chick who played Katana in Suicide Squad.

But no, especially after the whole shitfest of casting roles and race lately, there's no logical way anybody who's not asian is going to be cast as Mulan.

Reminder, here's the casting calls:

>Mulan: 18 – 20 years old to play 18; must be able to speak fluent English and Mandarin Chinese; lithe, athletic, quick, tougher than she looks, Mulan lives in rural China in 630 AD, and her country is besieged, under attack by the Gokturk invaders. When her aging father volunteers to join the Army, Mulan sneaks out by night and takes his place, strapping down her breasts so she can pass for a man. There is a mysterious power inside Mulan, a power of speed and coordination and sheer force that places her at the peak of her unit- where no one suspects her secret.

>Chen Honghui – In his 20s, must be able to speak fluent English and Mandarin Chinese; strapping, cocky and handsome, Honghui is another recruit who joins Commander Tung’s unit, and he’s determined to be the best soldier in human history. Full of himself, with a mean, bullying stream to him, he quickly realizes that Mulan is his chief rival, but he does not realize that she is a woman. Grittily determined to be simply the best at everything, Honghui is increasingly peeved by Mulan’s ability to match or out-maneuver him. But after learning that his rival is a woman, his intense feelings of rivalry turn into something very different, something like love.

From the casting calls we can gather:

>Li Shang has been split into 2 characters, Chen Honghui and Commander Tung.
>Huns have been replaced by Göktürks
>Mulan may have some magical/mystical power
>No reference to Yao, Ling and Chien-Po.

I expect one or two white people thrown in there. Just hope they get Eddie Murphy back for Mushu, worse case scenario they get Kevin Hart instead.

She's Japanese. There's no freaking way a Japanese actor, is gonna play a Chinese character, with the Chinese audience in mind.

They could have changed him from a man from Nepal instead
>by the Gokturk invaders
>Not the Turkic Khaganate like the original ballad said
>Or the Xiongnu like in the animated movie
The movie has already failed

why not

if they go full Wuxia I might actually watch it

that was made with a western audience in mind

The Ancient One

This is your new Mulan.

it will be the fat asian they already hired for star wars

I think his point was that in The Geisha, a chinese actress played the main role of a japanese geisha and Japan didn't freak out over it.

Yet Sup Forums gets upset over valkyrie

Wouldn't mind it desu.

Honestly I never cared much about how close the live action characters resembled their cartoon counterparts. It's more about how they can act them.

Why does Sup Forums get upset over Valkyrie?

> casting because acting and not solely based off looks

Name 5 films that were successful doing this

Cinderella
Spiderman 2
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

Because Sup Forums is mainly of Norse descent and they believe her actor should look exactly like her make believe fairytale character

Remember when John Wayne played Genghis Khan? And what happened to him afterwards?

>Sup Forums is mainly of Norse descent

>Norse
Try "slavshit."

It's not surprising people think that way, especially given how many idiots think they're actually serious and not just shitposting like everyone else.

Remember also when John Wayne played a Green Beret despite being a 60 year old who looked like he could drop of a heart attack or throw his back out any minute?

The Dark Knight

>a 60 year old draft dodger
Fixed.

No matter who they pick it will be another shitty live action remake of an actually good children's' movie.

Kinda justified for them to be pissed if they don't pick a Chinese girl. Mulan's a mega-old Chinese fairy tale and one of the small handful of movies made by America that actually goes out of its way to create the right setting. NGL I'd be pretty shitty if they kept the setting/time period/names/context and then just casted non-Chinese/Asian actors.

It's a different ordeal when they adapt a foreign movie/story and change the setting and context to be more familiar to American audiences, like they do with a lot of Japanese horror movies.

Cinderella seems good

I liked maleficent

So why do they have to be fluent Mandarin speakers? Are they going to speak English and Chinese in the movie because that would be weird.
Or just so that they can dub themselves?

>Maleficient
>Beauty and the Beast

>not a single French actor
>nobody gave a shit

>Or just so that they can dub themselves?
That's probably why.

Also I'm expecting Disney to promote the film really heavily in China so that could be a factor. They could conduct their own interviews and such without needing to pay for translators.

>Li Shang has been split into 2 characters, Chen Honghui and Commander Tung.
>Huns have been replaced by Göktürks

dropped

french people are gross user

delete this

You don't know what you're talking about

Anything Halle Barry, Idra Elbis, Will Smith, and to a lesser extent, Denzel Washington is in.

>Comparing ethnicity to nationality

Ok user

You might want to look up the definition of "ethnic group" and "nation", they're closer than you think.

Besides earlier in the thread people were saying a Jap wouldn't be okay.

So is Angelina Jolie

I'm not saying they have nothing to do with one another. But at the end of the day you're comparing white people playing Egyptians or Middle Easterners to white Americans playing white Frenchmen

It's not without concern, but it's also not in the same ballpark

Well, white Americans are in general a mix of Germans and Brits, whereas French descend from Gauls and Franks.

>also super weird how they put a lot of focus on the chinese librarian guy

In the comics, Wong is Strange's sidekick/butler. He would've had more screentime if they were closer to the source material instead of going the route they did with Mordo.

Shockingly, they might not.

They should hire this chinese actress. I mean she was also in xmen dofp

Just get the original actress and do a milfier version.

*Try spic shit

Sup Forums is mainly of Norse descent in the same way Hitler was.

Make it her husband instead of her father. Pretend to be his younger brother instead of his son.

She's probably going to be the mom

kek