/trek/

Damar is the true hero of Cardassia edition

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jonathansfrakes/status/914556766330945536
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

twitter.com/jonathansfrakes/status/914556766330945536

The TNG cast follows the DIS cast and Takes The Knee. Based.

Anti-STD shitposting is worse than pro-STD shitposting.

Gene Roddenberry was a bad writer

Mid season finale in 4 hours. Don't forget

Reposting because of discussion.

Doesn't Q only seek out lifeforms that have a certain "Q-ness"? I don't think Cardassians have the qualities that he's looking for. He talked about how humans want to explore and grow, and how the Q need that. Cardassians seem very tied up in their own little affairs, on the other hand.

Why did Troi bring Data a cake when she knows he can't eat or taste anything? I bet she really got that cake for herself. Selfish bitch.

i think this guy doesn't like michael burnham

/bestboy/
they're both bad but just ignore them

Who's your favorite Star Trek Jew?

>Robert H. Justman
>Fred Freiberger
>Nicholas Meyer
>Jerry Goldsmith
>Rick Berman
>Michael Piller
>Ira Steven Behr

Did I forget anyone?

I just noticed a shuttle in the background today named the Justman. I thought that was a strange name for a shuttle.

might be. I mean, the true reason is because Trek is told from the pov of humans (with the occasional aliens) so ofc Q takes an interest in them, but in-universe yeah, he probably didn't care for the Cardies. I guess it comes down to what you believe the true endgame for the Q is and if they have the same ambitions as our Q.

So I'm watching Insurrection, right

When the Son'a got in touch with Starfleet totell them about the fancy radiation who did Starfleet think they were? Were they not like "Wow, a new species, where do you come from, why are there only like a couple dozen of you"?

And why did they need the Federation anyway? The admiral says their technology is more advanced. And how did they get more advanced technology, having come from a completely non-technological civilisation? If they hadn't involved the Federation they could have just killed the Ba'ku and gotten away scot free

I just feel like there are a lot of unresolved questions here.

POWERFUL VIDEO. YASS!

Cardassians seemed to have cultural aspirations like humans, but were too resource poor to expand and explore. This allowed for a hawk party to take control of Cardassian government, install a self-sustaining orwellian regime where the system remains stable even if those controlling it continue to backstab each other. Then, they used the invasion of Bajor to strip it of vital resources needed to become at least a regional expansive power. Many Cardassians longed for their return to their less fascist ways; this was shown with the rise of the democratic and seemingly legitimate Detapa Council. I'd say they demonstrate some Q-Ness.

Don't the Q have a mandate to not fuck the universe up too badly? I thought the reason Q was made human in that episode was because he was too mischevious. If that's the case then various Qs probably dick around all over the place. We just don't hear about it because its effect on the broader universe is negligible

>And why did they need the Federation anyway?
The Federation wanted the gas from the Briar Patch or something, the stuff that caused the people on the planet to be eternally young. The Baku were the ones with the means to acquire it.

All true trekkers will watch it.

>JUSTman
heh
Shatner is still the best Jew of the bunch. But I've always been fond of Nimoy too.
oh man, you're asking us to remember things from probably the most boring of all Trek movies. I'm guessing Starfleet was familiar with the species, there have been many times in the show where we see a species of the week who's btw a long-time member of the Federation.

>I'm guessing Starfleet was familiar with the species, there have been many times in the show where we see a species of the week who's btw a long-time member of the Federation.
They make White for the Dominion. They're a known quantity to the Federation by the time of the movie.

You misunderstand the question.

Why couldn't the Son'a steal the gas on their own, without the Federation's help?

Also,
>"The Son'a are our children."
>Son'a
>Sons
BRAVO

anti-anti-STD posting is just as bad as anti-STD posting and STD posting

No.

Trying to increase anti-STD sentiment by posting Twitter shit is the lowest of the low. Don't drag other websites into here.

desu I have never liked Insurrection, it has some moments but most of it is unmemorable. I literally don't have an explanation.

EARTHTONES PEOPLE
BROWNS AND BEIGE

They do fuck around a lot it seems, there was that episode in Voyager with the Q who wanted to die and an argument ourQ gave against this was that his impact in the course of human development was very significant (I think one of the stories was that the suicidal Q dropped the apple on Newton's head, which I guess in now factual in the world of Trek lel) so letting him die would change the future course of history (for humans at least) in untold ways. So they don't really fuck the universe but they seem to give a helping hand every once and a while. There is the question tho of how much they actually interact with other species, but I don't believe we get an answer to that.

anti-anti-STD posting is just as bad as anti-STD posting and STD posting

But if there's only 600 Ba'ku, and the Son'a are some rebel offshoot of the Ba'ku, and they don't have their own home planet or anything, how could there possibly be enough of them to register on the Federation's radar as a distinct species?

There's data about them in the Starfleet databases, Riker and Troi go through it at the beginning of the movie.

Picard
>What is it Mr. LaForge?
LaForge
>It's a meta feedbackloop, Captain. The output of the semantic statment refers to the input. It's creating an endless cycle that consuming all intellegent thought in the thread
Picard
>Is there anyway to correct the procedure
LaForge
>We're gonna have to dismantle the whole thread and start from scratch
Worf
>I recommend photon torpedos. Full spread.

>Twitter is good! There's nothing wrong with spamming Twitter on Sup Forums!
Then go back.

Basically to cure F. Murray Abraham of his extreme old age, they needed to destroy the planet and concentrate all of the radiation.

If you count "Hide and Q" as canon (some people are picky about season 1 being canon), then IMO Q the person sees that the continuum is in need of the human desire to grow. The Q species has reached a dead-end. Q, being the chaotic person he is, might be the only one in the continuum at the time who felt that they, as a species, needed to find qualities in lesser-species that would allow the continuum to grow, before they are surpassed eventually.

Agreed that the Cardassians were held back by their lack of resources. Even though humanity may not have had the same issues, they certainly had similar political struggles. Humans were able to move beyond that. Perhaps Cardassians would be able to as well, if the species as a whole could unite against the Cardassian Illuminati that was holding them back. Maybe one day they will get to that point, and I think their cooperation with the Federation will help them get there.

>Belay that order, Mr. Worf

Yes, but why do they need the Federation's help to do that?

God damn it shut the fuck up about STD and how much you hate STD, it's just annoying, nobody fucking cares.

They even give lip service to them abducting and uplifting two aliens species (the whores and the guys who look like Bortis)

Imagine the effect having just ONE moderator on Sup Forums would have. JUST ONE.

At least 50% of these threads are people shitting on STD

anti-anti-ant-STD posting is just as bad as anti-anti STD posting and STD posting

>How long would it take to post a new thread?
>Another hour or so, sir. It wouldn't take so long, but I'm the only one down here and I just made a bunch of new threads. Sure would be easier on a Romulan ship with access to a proxy.
>Acknowledged. Mr. Worf, fire torpedoes. We need to get out of this loop now.

Due to slim odds for the Dominion War, the Federation agreed (under the approval of the rogue admiral chubby cheeks) to provide the Sona the resources to build the collector.
>I've seen the Plinkett review 10 times more than the actual movie, so this could be wrong

That's because the pro-STD shills are fucking awful. A lot of the anti-STD posters are probably being paid by a streaming service that offers old Trek shows on demand trying to cut CBS out of viewers.

discovery would be better if the first two episodes were split across the rest of the episodes via a large amount of flashbacks, and also if the klingons had hair

>At least 50% of these threads is one Beer Pong Rager shitting on STD
I bet he can't see his dick.

>they, as a species, needed to find qualities in lesser-species that would allow the continuum to grow, before they are surpassed eventually.
yeah, that's reasonable. It does seem like Q is one of the few who understands that and is actively working towards finding this potential in lesser beings.

He had good taste in spirits and firey klingon latinas

ayo where do i get my cheddar?

me and my girl shenequia love STD and could use some extra cash besides our welfare checks

someone shooped hair on the nu-Klingons and the difference is staggering. It's such a small thing but it helped along in making them even half-way look like they could be a reimagining of the Klingons (that actually makes sense)
based Casey/Damar

Quinn called him one of their most brilliant philosophers

I want to sniff those pits

Anti-STD shitposts are worse than pro-STD shitposts.

What's the canon explanation for the differences between TOS Klingon foreheads and 24th century Klingons?

Quality klingon pits

can't handle a strong black woman you white male?

we are the future now

deal with it

Genetic engineering gone wrong in an attempt to make super Klingons and they lost their ridges. Unclear when it got fixed though

I don't think they ever addressed it user, unlike the Romulan forehead ridges added in TNG, which are explained in the deleted scenes of Star Trek (2009) as deliberate body modifications to distinct them from Vulcans.

>Nagillum
>Mulligan
What did they mean by this?

(from ENT) augment virus which affected some of the Klingons but not all. Thus, those affected look like the TOS era Mexican Klingons. DS9 I think implies they eventually got it fixed tho.

According to (ENT?), early Klingons experimented with genetic engineering data stolen from Khan's people. The gene sequences had a side effect of causing them to look more human. They eventually bred these traits out and don't like to talk about that shameful moment in their history.

raycism

Kliingons in ENT got ahold of Khan-type genetic augmentations but it made them smooth-headed and it took until TNG era to breed out the effect. It's kinda dumb but the explination works well when you look at the movies which gradually made the klingons more and more like Worf. I personally think ST6 klangs are the best a la general chang. Klingon style ridges but not so pronounced as to limit their emotive ability

In Enterprise, Klingons stole augmented human DNA (like Khan) and injected it into themselves. It made some Klingons look like humans. Then a virus took that DNA and spread it to other Klingons, making them look like humans too. The virus would only affect millions though, not the entire species.

Eventually it wore off or a cure was found.

Enterprise was a mistake, by the way.

>Enterprise was a mistake, by the way.
Archer is the 3rd best lead, though.

IIRC Quinn was the brilliant philosopher, but he was inspired by Q's shenanigans and sticking it to the man. Been awhile since I watched it though, it was a good episode.

Yes, after Janeway (second place) and Kirk/Picard/Sisko (tied for first place).

Does anyone else like to think of Odo as the real lead of DS9

Sisko a shit
Janeway is a fucking stupid bitch who got dozens of people killed because she didn't want to get court-marshalled

r8 the captains, lads
Picard=Kirk>Sisko>Janeway
and haven't seen ENT yet, so I'll hold on rating Archer.

Why did Voyager just copy that episode where Riker was accused of cucking a guy and murdering him?

Data, Odo, Spock, Paris, and T'Poll, respectively, are the hidden leads.

is that the one where Paris is accused of being the murderer? Dunno, I wondered the same thing since it was basically the same episode.

>It's a 'fucking another guy's wife' episode

pic related

>Sisko a shit

put that opinion back in the bin where you found it

>Why did Voyager just copy that episode
Because they already made their good episode for the season.
I can't watch Voyager anymore because I hate Tom Paris too much.

And yet they're still better than Archer.

None of them ever pretended to be trained diplomats but then fucked up every diplomatic mission.

it goes TNG=DS9>ENT>VOY>std

TNG=DS9>TOS>ENT>VOY>TAS

std isn't even Trek

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS
THE HOLOSUITES ARE BEING RECHRISTENED AS "SMART MATTER CHAMBERS" AFTER NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE MISLEADING NATURE OF THE OLD NAME
DON'T WORRY, WE'LL STILL HAVE ARTIFICIAL SKANKS TO JERK YOU OFF ON DEMAND! THE NAME OF THE ROOM HAS JUST BEEN MADE MORE ACCURATE!
WE HOPE YOU APPRECIATE THIS! IT'S OUR GOOD DEED FOR THE DECADE, JUST FOR YOU!

i didn't rank TOS because you can't. it is a classic and shouldn't even be compared to the rest

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS
WATCH THAT TONE BOY

Why didn't they call it the Hard-Light Simulacrum Chamber?

It's not even a whole "deck".

why didn't they call it the Jerking-Off-Room? I thought honesty was valued in the future.

Some aspects of human nature, like euphemistic language, have only gotten worse over time.

the majority of TOS episodes are absolute clangers, often only rescued by occasional good moments of character interaction

THE FIRST DUTY OF EVERY OFFICER IS TO THE TRUTH
WHETHER IT'S SCIENTIFIC TRUTH, OR HISTORICAL TRUTH, OR PERSONAL TRUTH
IT IS THE GUIDING PRINCIPLE ON WHICH STARFLEET IS BASED
IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT WITHIN YOURSELF TO JERK OFF TO THE TRUTH,
YOU DON'T DESERVE
TO WEAR THAT UNIFORM

>scenes that carried two seasons of an entirely different Star Trek show

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

yeah that's why it shouldn't even be rated, there are some real stinkers but some real good ones. it is the classic and the original and doesn't even deserve to be in the same league as the others

Is there any game where you can walk around the ENTIRETY of the Enterprise D or a similar starship? I know STO has some walking around but I don't know how detailed it is and also I assume it's a really grindy bad mmo.

I ASSURE you, I am QUITE fertile

One penii... TWO penii!?

>IMG_2832
That's even worse than IMG_0003.

Fake and lame.

Well in the nation state of Canada in the 21st century you can have your child taken from you if you don't want your little boy to be a girl or your little girl to be a boy. progress never felt so good

>often only rescued by occasional good moments of character interaction
I've been going though TOS and this is so true. The combo of Bones/Spock/Kirk so often makes even the poorest episodes worth watching.

*blocks your path*

why do they wear the mask?

If you pulled it off they'd die.

*blocks your path*
*takes your helmet*