Has there ever been a good movie based on an SNL skit?

Has there ever been a good movie based on an SNL skit?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/133414453
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

You really didn't like The Blues Brothers?

Wayne's World
Night At The Roxbury
Coneheads

Not with Will Forte in it

I'll just leave this here

Wayne's World
Coneheads

Yes, this one, and Waynes World.

All others are total trash.

Forte can only play one character, but he's at his best doing it in this movie.

Also Master of Disguise

Yeah, MacGruber

It's Pat
Superstar
Stuart Saves His Family

These, Blues Brothers if that counts And The Ladies Man was as good as it could've been

I enjoyed Macgruber too. Fuck it.

>These, Blues Brothers if that counts

Why the fuck wouldn't it count?

Not an SNL film. You might as well say that "Jingle All the Way" is a sequel to "Commando"

MacGruber is hands down my favorite SNL movie. It even overtook Coneheads.

The Blues Brothers is how I first learned about SNL. Then Wayne's World turned out to have started there too. Then I actually watched some SNL skits a couple months and good lord were they shit.
When did SNL go down the shitter and what are the best skits of all time?

>he doesn't like MacGruber

holy fucking sad!

The ca. 1987-1993/4 seasons, when Jack Handey was on the writing staff are home to most of the greatest skits. Things like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer, Massive Headwound Harry, Toonces, Deep Thoughts, etc.

vimeo.com/133414453

The musical acts... especially when The Cure is on.

also, SNL has better material than any of you fucking hacks could come up with within a week's time

Deep Thoughts was the best shit in the world.

Deep Thoughts.

I had a buddy that had a book by Jack Handy that was essentially Deep Thoughts.

"If you drop your keys in a river of lava...

let 'em go

'cuz, man,

they're gone."

It really only works in the SNL context with the inspirational music and B-roll nature scenes in the background.

Yeah -- my favorite era of that show.
And everything Al Frankin was in...

>CAPTCHA: ARCADE TOILET
(my new band name)

I think they work just fine. The lava one was new to me and I laughed just now.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part.

yeah, you're right, they do work on their own in text form... just looked some up and laughed. Good stuff.

this guy posted what I was going to before I could... good ole' Google

To be honest, I still hear Phil Hartman saying, "And now for more Deep Thought, with Jack Handey," and then I hear Handey's voice reading them off.

But so far, all of these have managed to make me laugh.

Me too (with the voice thing). That whole Phil Hartman stuff was absolutely nuts. When he got killed I kind of tune out for a while from SNL but got back into it. I miss his take on the Anal-Retentive-Chef and well... pretty much everything he did.

Back when Deep Thoughts was an occurring thing, I'd drive like 2 hours to watch it with this gal I had huge crush on and spend the night. I missed it one week and at school the next Monday she gave me a mix-tape with this as the insert:

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. “Oh, no,” I said, “Disneyland burned down.” He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

Does Bob Roberts count?

I wish MadTV had gotten a movie.

>When did SNL go down the shitter and what are the best skits of all time?

When the 90s ended. Or, more specifically when Chris Kattan, Will Ferrel, Molly Shannon and Cheri Oteri and Tim Meadows left.

So many "the british version of the office was way better" fags in here

i will suck your dick

>Dog Assassin
>The Big Bean

Good shit.

Even with early-years peak-cast, none of them ever played well of each other, they were all at their best doing their one-note characters to the camera.

This will change everything about how I watch JATW now.