Hopeless

Is Hopeless on Doctor Strange going to be.... Hopeless?

He is taking over for Aaron at issue 20.

One look at his track record at Marvel should be all the answer you need OP.

Hopeless track record :
>X men season one : 7/10
>Avengers arena and undercover : 4/10
>Cable and the X force : 8/10
>SW Inferno : 8/10
>SW House of M : 8/10
>Spider Woman: YMMV, I give it 6/10 because it's entertaining
>ANXM V2 : 3/10

>average: 6.28/10

How long til someone stabs the baby by thst how long til a another writers gets rid or straight ups forgets the baby

I loathe Aaron's run and Spider-Woman had some surprisingly trippy stuff so mild thumbs up.
The real issue here is Marvel swapping out one of their "top" writers for the Spider-Woman guy in the first place. Strange may have devalued in their eyes. But hey maybe Hopeless is a Strangefag and actively requested it.

Jess' a minor enough character to slip under the radar, maybe.
I can scarcely imagine she has any Queseda-tier autistic fans in the waiting who just NEED muh childless golden age back.

His current run on Spider-Woman is great

Its not like Hopeless did shit with her being a mother. Every ither issue she was fighting and when we did see her and the baby. Shes was a haggard and in need of a break i stopped reading cuz there werent any storytimes.

His Spider-Woman was complete trash carried by Rodriguez so probably.

>But hey maybe Hopeless is a Strangefag.
You better pray he isn't. Hopeless said Runaways is his favorite book of all time. He is also generally considered worst thing that ever happened to Runaways and might have single-handly destroyed that entire franchise completely.

How did he do that?

Oh Nico got a magic arm and Chase did... fuck all that I can remember.
It's the Avengers Academy fans who need sympy.

He can't do much worse.
I ain't even scared of jinxing it. Aaron's been that infuriating.

>worst thing that happened to Runaways
>not Moore and Ramos
Yeah, right

Battle-Royale ripoff to push Arcade as a dark and egdy serious villain.
I repeat that: he wanted to make fucking Arcade edgy.
Then he had Darkhawk job to his mary sue, Chase got his suit, then got mind-ctrolled by that Mary Sue to cut Nico's arm off and throw her off the cliff.
Then Nico came back with magic arm who works on "It's magic, I ain't gonna explain shit!" because Hopeless was too lazy to work with rules her powers already had established, so he just made a power-up to let her pull new powers from her ass. (this should be a note for Doctor Strange fans)
And then she still wasn't able to beat another of his infuriating OCs.
He also decided to make her abbandon her compassion (which is as if Spider-Man said "fuck responsibility") because compassion is for the weak.
He then repeadely made Nico and Chase strawmen for annoying character of space batman girl to voice his opinions through.
Theh he let Arcade win and become super famous by uploading videos of him making kids kill each other on youtube.
And then wrote a book where Nico and Chase and Alex (yes, Alex) joined Neo-Nazis.

Aside from putting Xavin on a bus their run was harmless, just boring.
Hopeless was actively vile.

After Moore and Ramos there was still hope for Runaways. After Hopeless Runaways seem cursed - whatever one shows up in gets canceled - A-Force, the Vision, Power Man & Iron Fist. He made them toxic.

Vision was always intended to be a contained series.
A-Force was shit because of the writer and CWII trash tie in.
Power Man and Iron Fist had a lot of problems before Alex showed up.

Okay, i'm overreacting.
I still don't see much hope for Runaways after what Hopeless did. Yes, even with the show coming - because Marvel will probably undo everything back to vol.1 days to synergize with the show instead of working to it naturally, because that way nobody has to touch Hopeless' shit.

Hopeless is by no means good, but people really only hate him for Avengers Arena. He's a harmless mediocre writer.

It wouldn't be the first time a declared fan fucks up a character (Dan Slutt)