Why didn't he just simply kill himself? He didn't want to remember anything from real life anyway

Why didn't he just simply kill himself? He didn't want to remember anything from real life anyway.

Because steak just too good

Congrats you missed the point.
/thread

I HAVE COME TO RECLAIM ROME

Because fuck Morpheus, that's why.

Cypher didn't want to just be ignorant. He wanted to get some revenge on the people who gave him a whole bunch of BS about red pills and blue pills.

That whole thing was stupid. There would be no reason for the AI to keep their end of the bargain and give him the riches and fame he wanted. As soon as they got what they wanted from him, an objective, non-emotional AI would just kill him.
What? Is the AI supposed to have honor and keep its word? Come on.

did he sneak back into the Matrix when everyone was asleep to meet with Smith?

No, remember from the last Matrix that even the "real world" was just another level up of the Matrix. And Neo asked how many levels there were, and he said more than all the digits of pi that had yet been generated.

because Trinity was a fuckin' WHOOAH!!

Lol then why didn't the AI just kill all of the humans hooked up to the matrox? You're such a fucking idiot

>the a.is wanted to wipeout humanity

Have you watched the movies?

The machines are the only thing keeping humanity from extinction

He was doing a lot of coke. It messed his mind up. He's clean now though.

I don't remember that scene. Am I getting meme'd?

What the fuck? They kept the majority of the humans as a power source. Some humans found out and became renegades.
The AI wants to kill him.
Cypher says, "I'll tell you how to get them if you promise me riches."
AI agrees.
Now once they have found the renegades why would they keep their word to Cypher?
Are you a retard?

what when?

if you kill yourself in the matrix what happens?

You guys are literally arguing over a film made by two trannys.

Just some food for thought.

*eats that food*
good food

Goddamn you have some awful taste. What you're eating right now is literal shit.

I eat pieces of shits like you for breakfast

The best thing I could figure is that he was working on setting up a meeting with the agents when Neo walked up behind him, which was why he was spooked.

I always figured that he loaded into the Matrix while everyone was sleeping and he had a program loaded that could extract him from an exit point. Maybe it called a specific line every hour or something.

His kid was in the hospital!

>have a good time sweetie
Saw this when I was 15. Mind blown.

Why was Zion full of homeless women and children? Where did they come from? Why where they there? Who unplugged them?

He didn't want to die, but he also didn't fit in with anyone on the ship and was pretty isolated for many years it felt like.

Coulda been born outside the Matricks.

There is no reason for the AI to break their word. Which is also implied at the end of the Matrix 3.

No shit Dr. Watson.

>the AI
You do realize there are multiple AIs in the Matrix, right? Smith is basically just an AI virus. And he wants to get out into the real world.

A better question is, how do people reproduce in the Matrix? When two people in the Matrix have sex, does cum go from one pod to the other (from male to female) and the mom gets pregnant IRL and bears the child and the machines hook him up to the Matrix as soon as it is born?

A. She was a hooo-er

Why would they not keep him alive? It costs them nothing keeping him in the matrix and giving him fake riches, while they could put him back in a pod and harvest his energy.

did you even watch the movies

the machines actually dont like killing humans for no reason even after all the shit humans put them through

Maybe they would have to restart the Matrix for the changes to take effect and shit.

they're not running on Windows, man.

The question for an AI wouldn't be why should they not, but why should they?
You're all projecting human emotions onto what would be a completely emotionless AI without any sense of honor or "eh, why not" or decency or anything.

When was it confirmed that the real world was just part of the matrix? What was the point of it all? pls explain

who? I'm the only one living in real life here. you fools are drinking the kool-aid (hence this thread).

bump

Huh? You wat pieces of shit? What's the basis?

Assuming that the AI would like, something only humans have ever done, is also projecting human thinking onto them.

I could turn the question around on you and ask "why would they [lie]"?

That was the worst piece of crap ever. None of that guy made any cents what so ever.

the ending of the second movie establishes that the real world is part of the matrix and various scenes from third movie confirm this [Neo's interaction with the sentinels, the train station (Neo is placed there because he inadvertently tried to enter the matrix from the "real world"), and the breach into the machine city with Trinity]. the movie's plot is really mediocre, but the general trilogy plot actually continues decently

>You're all projecting human emotions onto what would be a completely emotionless AI
Reread his post. He's ascribing practicality. What you're saying is the ustache twirling villain version of "efficiency". It's not actually more practical here.

you're right, they would not keep their end of the bargain with Cypher, but because they're fucking AI with cold logical understanding, they already calculated that in order to get what they want, they would have to fool Cypher into believing that they (the AI) would give him what he asked for once he betrays the humans.

it's not hard to understand. AI is smart and knows to say "yes" if the human demands conditions for being the mole. If the AI agents said no then they would lose their chance to fuck up the rebels.

It's obvious the AI would not hold up their end of the bargain. No shit. They want total control over humans, and that means killing all the unplugged ones, including Cypher. His entire character was to show the "Judas" inside the group and allow the final conflict to happen where they almost all die but don't because Neo becomes the One.

because word spreads around when you cannot be trusted

if all people who side with the AI are killed nobody else will ever want to do it

the point of the matrix is never revealed as the only person who really understands that the real world is part of the matrix process is Neo (who is killed after saving both levels, the real world and the matrix). it's sort of implied that the "machine god" machine (the one with the face) knows the real world and the matrix are both part of a combined matrix through his fear of agent smith infecting the real world machines. agent smith possibly knows that the real world is part of the matrix at the end.

The Architect's explanation to Neo is a somewhat false explanation for how the "matrix" really operates as it is implied he only knows part of what will happen through his dialogue and "emotions" during the explanation scene and the scene with the oracle at the end.

They literally have human farms outside of the matrix facility that they harvest THEN hook up into the matrix. My best interpretation is that they use the cum and eggs from the people already hooked up and "plant" them in this "farm" basically. You may ask the question of how people would get babies and become pregnant... the matrix is connected to your mind, they could probably manipulate your memories a little.