Let's say these three decided to recreate the Kryptonian race without any scientific shenanigans like clones

Let's say these three decided to recreate the Kryptonian race without any scientific shenanigans like clones.

Assuming that each of them will be alive and fertile till theirs 1000º birthday:

1 - How they could avoid the usual inbreeding problems?

2 - How much time it would take to grow a small civilization?

3 - Would their public images take a big hit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoccareddo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You don't avoid inbreeding. The Karas have the same DNA.

Daxamites are where Kryptonian genes will live on. If you want the purest long term result you have kids with them since with a human or other species (Coluan) you just water it down further.

Well lets pretend for a minute this isn't a fetish thread (we know it is)

1. they cant avoid inbreeding. Maybe Powergirl isn't related since shes from another earth but I don't know how that works.

2. I'm not sure how long it takes for a krytonian baby to go full term so maybe 10 years of constant humping.

3 Yes there cousins fucking no way around that.

The superhuman stats should make up for the problems of inbreeding, for example, they might be slightly retarded by kryptonion standards, but they'd still be massively smarter than any of the common earth folk. Same with physical defects, so there should be no problem getting a race going.

Bottled City of Kandor
Daxamites
Human-Kryptonian hybrids like Jon

>2. I'm not sure how long it takes for a krytonian baby to go full term so maybe 10 years of constant humping.
Ten years? Even if Supergirl and Power Girl had a baby every year, it would result in just 20 prepubescent Kryptonians. This isn't a civilization.

That isn't how that works and you know it

They are rather smart people but not genius level. Retards would still be retards.

Kandor would have to count as a scientific shenanigan

You don't know how Kryptonians breeding works.

Wouldn't that turn retards into super retards?

fpbp

The bottled city of Kandor or The bottle city of Candor? I forget the difference.

Actually, if the three of them had perfect genetics then problems resulting from inbreeding would literally never arise. No recessive defects to compound and cause physical or mental disorders in later generations. Of course, the lack of genetic diversity would mean an entire civilization of Clarks and Karas, but whatever.

How much genetic engineering did Kryptonians in the comics do? Because it would take a considerable amount to reach that level.

Who says Kryptonian DNA has to follow the same rules of our DNA?

For all we know, their DNA doesn't allow for genetic defects (except for instances where it was altered by outside forces).

They could always grab some DNA from all those prisoners they zapped away.
The Phantom Zone is pretty much Kryptonian Australia anyway.

Its Candor

>racemixing

Her Tattoo means Hope

I think it's just inconsistent

>You don't avoid inbreeding. The Karas have the same DNA.
Do they really? Just because they have the same mother and father (albeit from different universes) doesn't mean their DNA is identical. It's mathematically possible for sisters to share no DNA at all.

On her world that means anal.

Are you sure the title of those issues isn't just a pun?

He's actually sort of right, but for the wrong reasons. Inbreeding isn't INHERENTLY bad, it just makes it significantly more likely that any offspring will end up with negative traits one of the parents carried a recessive gene for. There's an entire town in Italy that's been inbreeding for something like 800 years, and the only side effect they've had to deal with (that people felt like reporting about, any way) is a ridiculously high resistance to cholesterol.

It's entirely possible that a society as advanced as Krypton's had long ago eliminated most or all recessive genes in the population for harmful traits, and the only consequence would be the social stigma.

They are the same person. Peeg was able to get into her fortress.

You don't have inbreeding problems if they are already "perfect".

The problem of mating between relatives is the fixation of deleterous aleles, but if their DNA is so perfect, it shouldn't be a problem :D

Kandor has always been the name of the Kryptonian bottled city.

Candor is the title of that storyline and a wordplay.

>Mathematically possible for sisters to share no DNA at all
I don't know how DNA works, how is that possible?
Apparently Krypton really doesn't like inbreeding.

Wasn't there a storyline where Post-Crisis Superman went back in time before the Crisis and banged the Pre-Crisis Supergirl and they had a kid who ended up in the Post-Crisis universe?

Thats not how genetics work and you know it. If you don't know it, please to be reading more wikipedia.

You get half of your DNA from each parent; it is therefore THEORETICALLY possible for a sibling to end up with opposite halves from you. It is, however, so statistically unlikely that I can comfortably say it has never happened in the history of mankind and will never happen in our future. Though I think this only applies to different gender siblings.

Side note, that panel was very obviously made in America. Just about everywhere except the US and China are fine with marrying first cousins.

>that retard swastika
They couldn't have just settled for a slightly smaller one aligned with the bottom angle of the shield?

Yes. Pre crisis.

Pretty sure it was the other way around (pre-Crisis Superman banging post-Crisis non-Kara Supergirl). But I didn't read it so going off hearsay.

>how could a population of 2 avoid genetic errors from inbreeding
They can't.
>how much time would it take to grow a small population
they would never be able to

The reveal here is that Supes actually wouldn't have a problem to go with Kara, if it wasn't for the incest factor.

>without any scientific shenanigans
three aliens, one of which is from a parallel universe, is already scientific shenanigans

>This American Comic was obviously made in America
You don't say
Well why would he have a problem if it weren't for the incest factor?

And apparently Kara lust for him! Wow!

>Well why would he have a problem if it weren't for the incest factor?

You know most people aren't attracted to everyone they aren't related to, right?

Come the fuck on.

We are talking about Power Girl and Supergirl here. I wouldn't bang them if they were my sisters, but cousins? Count me in.

Unless Kryptonian DNA is fundamentally different and follows a completely different set of biological rules from human DNA.

It's cool she thought she was an unrelated Atlantean who only had the memories that Superman was her interdimensional cousin who was a double for her actual cousin whom was like a father to her.
Not weird at all.
Everyone usually isn't Supergirl.

Honestly they don't seem that fun to be around.

Power Girl wants to eat Supes alive! Come on Kal, Multiversial cousins don't count as incest. At least i think so.

If Kryptonite from another dimension doesn't work on kryptonians, then cousins also vibrate at a different frequency, so it's not inbreeding.

your post is so retarded I want it to be Sup Forums's new banner

That doesn't make sense. The kryptonite thing has to do with how the radiation interacts with their solar cells. It doesn't do anything else. At most it would mean that the children might vibrate at a half frequency between the two but it wouldn't affect how DNA mixes and gets passed on.

They can rape kryptonians from Phantom Zone. Also have mutual sex with Kandorians.

viltrumite x krypton x saiyan trybrid anyone?

Does a Master degree in biodiversity is enough for you?

you need 42 people to restart a dying race and avoid your issue. I remember the same question from a while ago and google helps too

Bio just means water, whats your point?

Nigger, I have a fucking master degree in biological diversity and you are trying to teach me what DNA is, that is my point.

Open parole hearings for the redeemable Phantom Zone prisoners or find a way to restore Kandor to its proper size. Both of these places should help to provide a stable population

I have a PHD in Biology. Fuck you.

And I'm doing my PhD in cognitive ecology and neurobiology, what is your fucking point? Why so fucking salty?

Is everyone biologist now?

In just here because Power Girl gives me a boner.

So there's a magic time travelling Pre-Crisis Loli roaming around DC?

Why hasn't anyone brought her back yet, she'd be the perfect girlfriend for Jon.

Theres also earth 1 supergirl roaming.

With Earth 1 flash and pre zero hour parallax.

>pre zero hour parallax
Still pissed he got retconned to being a Space Bug too.
He could have totally be a non-space bug Parallax and only the current universe Parallax was a space bug.

Has Superbro tried to have a sneak peek on Power Girl's boobs???!!!

Man if Superbro ever returns, i hope that he bangs Karen really hard!

Almost every superman has innuendo with powergirl or supergirl.

I remember supergirl kissing ultraman, or powergirl kissing superman perflashpoint.

Do you have any pics?

Superbro is pure. He only slept with two girls and only wanted to bang one more.

Yeahh

>This hand grabbing dat teenager ass
No way this would be published nowadays.

WOW!

Why would they fuck? Can just use artificial insemination.

And as others have said, versions from another Earth and Daxamites depending on the continuity would be easiest way around the problem. Assuming krypton genes even have it to begin with.

It's HOdor!

>Why would they fuck? Can just use artificial insemination.
Would you? Power Girl and Supergirl want to have your babies, would you use artificial insemination?

But then how would I get my wizard powers? Kryptonian powers and wizard powers at the same time? Yes Please! Only thing better would to get SonicChau powers as well!

They might be stronger than earth people, but they'd still have physical deformities.

Facial asymmetry, club feet, hemophilia, polydactyly, increased risk of cancer, weaker immune systems.

Not to mention the radically higher infant mortality rate and that auto-abortion can occur.

Most of those issues are the product of recessive genes being brought to the forefront because each individual ends up with several copies of it. If they truly are genetically flawless, none of that would happen. The only issue is the immune system; if anything comes along that affects one of them, the whole race is done for.

>There's an entire town in Italy that's been inbreeding for something like 800 years
Source?

Sure, let's think this trough.

1) Power Girl is from another earth, so that means she's not that genetically similar due to the small genetic variations that would inevitably occur due to randomness. That's good news.
2) The odds of inbreeding problems between cousins are not that big. Yes, the probability of the kid being retarded doubles, but 0.1% * 2 is still just 0.2%.
3) The real problem would come 3 or 4 generations down. That's when inbreeding would really be an issue (see: monarchies).
4) To avoid this, you could "water down" the bloodline a little but introduce genetic diversity by introducing human parents. Ideally you would use top genetic material like the Batman of that era.
5) 10 or so generations down, once the genetic pool is big enough, you bring back Superman, PG and Kara into the equation to reintroduce 100% kryptonian genes and make it as close as possible to real kryptonians.

This is all silly because Superman would probably refuse to fuck his grandgranddaughters. If it's Rebirth Supes, he wouldn't cheat on Louis either.

You don't have to fuck to impregnate, they can just hold onto supersperm samples

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoccareddo
Almost all of Stoccareddo's villagers have the surname Baù (pronounced [baˈu]),[1] and are all from the same family. Most of Stoccareddo's villagers have phenomenally good health, despite their diet of fried cheeses and other unhealthy Italian delicacies.[2] According to The Independent, 38% of Stoccareddo's men have high cholesterol, as opposed to the Italian average of 21%.[3] However, about 23% of Italian men have low levels of HDL (good cholesterol) as opposed to 5.4% of men in Stoccareddo.[3] Also, hypertension (high blood pressure) affects about 33% of Italian men, but only 6.5% of Stoccareddo men.
>inbreeding has actually made them healthier than the rest of the world
We've been lied to for centuries.

Incest with your parents is most likely to damage dna. Siblings a little less.

Cousins not so much, or removed cousins.

Half siblings even less.

>Just about everywhere except the US and China are fine with marrying first cousins.
Yeah, no. Most of Europe doesn't deal with that either unless the first cousins in question are royals, and even then it's mostly because they're kind of like dumb zoo animals.

that's true. the genetic problems with inbreeding exist, but they are greatly exaggerated. the real problems are social, because it sexualizes the family; which should remain platonic.

You're better off breeding them with humans and later trying to breed the human dna out of the race

In the New 52, Supergirl (the white PG in the main continuity) was different from Superbro in the same way that Earth 2 and Earth 1 Clark Kent were not identical in the past continuities.

Doesn't Superman have a bunch of Kryptonians in a jar or am I thinking of something else?

Karen is on Earth 2 which at the moment is in some weird place where it's highly unlikely, EVEN if Superbro did come back from the dead, no one is going to travel to or from.

The main continuity PG on Superbro's Earth is NOT original flavor PeeGee, IS NOT Kryptonian even, and is a young (teen?) black girl.

Didn't Krypton remove all genetic weaknesses and flaws eons ago? like no Genetic diseases etc.

If the negative traits don't exist, then they can't become more pronounced (the problem of inbreeding).

Plus they could use technology to identify and remove the errant traits. Must have a Kryptonian Gynaecology protocol in the fortress's robots.

Inbreeding only really has major defects after generations of it(most of the Hamburgs were alright save for some of the generations down the line.) So I would see them going the route of Dragon Ball Z where a bunch of Half-Sayians were running around except once there is a big enough genetic pool start intermarrying. That is assuming that a half Kryptonian is still relatively strong compared to a regular Kryptonian.

Depending on how many children each of them have(I'm going off a Star Trek TNG episode with clones and stuff) it would take a few generations as long as everybody keeps popping out babies.

If they went direct incest between Supes and the Girls in some parts of the world yes but in others they aren't as stingy about it. If they give the excuse of it being survival sex or some other bull than I'm sure it would be fine.

>The main continuity PG on Superbro's Earth is NOT original flavor PeeGee, IS NOT Kryptonian even, and is a young (teen?) black girl.

And she's probably going to fuck Deathstroke, can't wait

>Small civilization

That's literally Kandor.

One, they did bring her back, for Supergirl One Million and an issue of Young Justice.
Two, no that's incest.

Plenty of species wincest with little to no problems.

Nevermind the risk of cousins inbreeding is stupidly tiny the first time around.

If you want a civilization it would be more than just one time. That's the problem.

They're cousins you sick fuck. They aren't going to screw.

Keep your sick sexual degeneracy to yourself.

I'm like 90% certain there's no laws against inbreeding animals and they decidedly aren't human.

Einstein and Darwin laugh at your shit taste.

If they unshrunk Kandor they could remake Krypton within a few years.