Daily reminder that Stranger Things season 2 and any seasons thereafter are not canon

Season 1 was a complete story. Eleven sacrificed herself and Will was saved.

This was meant to be an anthology series like True Detective, and Netflix forced the change.

Season 2 on is a non-canon CW superhero show.

Steve is a cuck.

S1 ends on a cliffhanger
is that cliffhanger not canon?

If any of this were true then they wouldn't have shown the fag kid puking up the aliens at the end of season 1. Kill yourself

Not canon. His bravery won him the girl, despite Jonathan's obsession.

No it doesn't

I'm sorry my godfriend, the show went on and they turned a decent male role model into a cuck who just... lets his girlfriend piss on him.

>reading comprehension

Canon only applies to media with value

I do remember something about it being an anthology show around the time season 1 aired.

The kid coughs up an evil slug

What about Netflix demanding a bridge to a season 2 do you not understand

So are you therefore saying that the cliffhanger is not canon?

ya it does the little kid throws up a fucking alien into the sink bro

>implying the cliffhanger wasn't shoehorned in after Netflix demanded a second season

There's a reason why it's not called Season 2 but Stranger Things 2

>There's a reason why it's not called Season 2 but Stranger Things 2
Because they're pretentious and want people to think of each season like a long movie

That's a Twilight Zone/Outer Limits twist ending.

In all honesty, the only real canon was the load Jonathon busted on that skinny bitch's tum tum

Horror has that kind of "you thought everything was ok, but it's not" ending all the time.

>There is some truth to that [about it originally being an anthology show]. Yeah. That was when we were pitching it. That was true. Cause we looked at Stephen King’s “IT,” and we liked that time jump that they made, so we kind of pitched that. Then Netflix was really interested in it as a series, because rightfully so. They were like, “I think people are going to fall in love with these kids. We are going to invest so much time with them, we’re going to want to continue our journey with them.” And they were right. Once we started building a writers room and working on the show, we started to develop it and plan a multiple season arc.

>forced

And they also never meant anthology like a totally different cast. They meant a ten year time jump forward.

Is this thread the same autist who insists the show will go on forever and hates that, even though the Duffers have said 4-5 seasons?

Don't watch it then and kill yourself while everyone else watches it.

>anthology series

These never work. American Horror Show doesn't count.

I hate that putrid cunt in the middle so fucking much.

Slasher has been good for 2 seasons.

Uh huh?

A time jump would have sucked forty dicks. Nobody wants some shitty grown ups to replace the child actors. The adult segment of It was total horseshit.

If Eleven was never supposed to live, then none of the important plot points were going to happen (episode 7 was the only plot progression).

Everyone is jealous of the shit you're eating user!

Looks like the main guy off Red Dwarf.

Okay, now kill yourself, child.

Where does this anthology talk come from? I've heard that from other fans before. Did netflix originally say it would be an anthology?

Yeah, hence why the Duffers talk about the idea as if Netflix and the writers room was talking sense into them.

The creators have said themselves that it was an anthology series and that Eleven was meant to die.

Only Reddit is still defending this tripe.

Back when the idea was only one season so.... what?

I wonder if they still think her dying at the end of the show is the move to make though. Man that'll be brutal.

Read the blurb presented in this thread. They never meant totally new characters, setting, etc. They meant ten year time jump.

I still chuckle to myself thinking when the black dude introduces himself as "Funshine" fucking unreal. The blacked scene at the school dance wasn't even bad, but episode 7 was so terrible.

Even if you were correct (you aren't), you're still admitting the current show is not canon.

It's now a cheap superhero show to milk for 7 years and sell to retards and children. Enjoy

>decent role model
he was a bully who humilated his gf in front of the whole town

>let's his gf piss on him
he loves her but realizes she doesn't love him back, he leaves her

you really think they would break up a 1 year relationship over a 10 second fight that she couldn't even remember?

there's no defending pretty much anything in this season. It's just bad from top to bottom

A. How am I not correct? It is very literally what they said.

B. You don't know what canon means.

C. Some super hero shows are great. How childish are you to fall for the Sup Forums meme?

The Lost Sister episode literally ruined my feelings about the whole series. One truly horrible episode ruined everything.

I have a secret for you OP.

Stranger Things is a fictional TV show. It doesn't matter what 'canon' is, the story as it exists now happened. You can pretend it didn't but it literally doesn't matter to anyone but you.

I'm very convinced it's the same guy who's insisting the show is going to go on for 100 seasons and get worse every year or something. Despite the Duffers saying 4-5. Apparently what they say about the show they write, produce, created, and direct doesn't count.

>it's not canon because I didn't like it
I guess OP being straight isn't canon either lmao

if it was a real super hero show, then sean astin's character would come back like in a comic book.

the four characters in the pic are a throwback to the 80s.... because it takes place in the 80s.

there were even some scifi books written then that were about kids in government facilities with psychic powers who escaped and traveled through time to do so. it's not out of place at all.

>the four characters in the pic are a throwback to the 80s
No they're not.

>has never heard of punk

cool, cool.

Those people aren't punk. They're posers. Also, punk was the 70s.

They're fucking Night of the Comet and Return of the Evil Dead references you knob.

season 1 was predictable garbage.
season 2 actually had interesting storylines like gigachad vs old chad and creepy guy ignoring the obvious chemistry between himself and skeletor.
Plus the whole keep El out of sight thing by hopper was engaging too.
Even the obvious filler episode 7 made sense, since its clear already that there were at least 10 others similar to El.
S1 GARBAGE.... TRASHHHHHHH

yes it does?
i only saw s1. it ends with that kid having monsters inside him or some shit. it was definitively a cliffhanger