What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DEATHNORMIE/status/923375683908317185
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NüMales
"women"
Brown People
only want to see QUIPtastic Marvel Flicks
(also Blade Runner 1 wasn't actually all that popular and the run time probably put people off. Though I bet this film does well when it goes onto BluRay/Digital Download/VHS)

normies don't like hard sci-fi
that's it

Nothing. All according to plan.

>sequel to flop film flops

Wow, no one could have seen it coming.

Normies ruin everything

General audiences just don't like cyberpunk. Remember back when Ghost in the Shell flopped people said Blade Runner would be the savior of the genre? Yeah not happening.

americans and women

the movie was shit but it wasnt capeshit so it didnt appeal to the average retard

Normies.

They launched it in fucking October for some reason. I think if it was released during a better time, more people would have gone to it. Too much competition from other shit, especially with it being sci-fi and not a horror film.

not enough Big Dick Dave

>Too much competition from other shit
The only other thing that came out that week was the horse film, and the only horror movie that was playing was still IT.

It was really fucking boring. The plot could be done in a 30-60 min tv episode. No one actually cares about the "immersive" "environment" bullshit and gimmick visuals. If you wanna show off your spergy orange landscapes submit to an art museum.

afaik BR 2049 wasn’t created by a holding company so there’s no bogus “distribution fee”

Blade runner was released at the same time as the most popular movie ever at the time

Everyone went to go see one of the dozen capeshit films this year instead

I suspect it will claw a lot back in disc sales

The fedora cheeto demo isn't as big as they thought

>What went wrong?
It's an almost 3 hour art-house sequel to a 30 year old film that no one saw. The real question is who greenlit a budget that high for it in the first place?

it was a normie movie though.

but that's wrong, you retard

>t.

I'm honestly kinda surprised they didn't just soft reboot Blade Runner as a cable tv series to be honest.

obviously not if they didn't see it, you fucking homo
kys

Obviously someone higher up thought they could retool it to become the next Star Wars style movie franchise.

it wan't an arthouse film you manchild

>blade runner 2049 is an almost 3 hour long R rated visually focused slow burning neo-noir sci fi film with zero quips that deals with the human condition

>What went wrong?
They tried making a sequel to a movie that didn't need a fucking sequel.
The director is a washed up hack now.
The lead actor can't fucking act.

Is a film considered a failure if it doesn't make money?

Niche movie for a niche audience. Remember that Bladerunner was a cult hit that did better with home video. The average Joe sees the trailer and thinks "THIS LOOKS LIKE THAT BORING KIND OF SCI-FI THAT'S ALL ABOUT PHILOSOPHY AND STUFF! I WANNA SEE 'SPLOSIONS AND LASER GUNS! THAT THOR MOVIE HAS 'SPLOSIONS AND LASER GUNS! I'LL GO SEE THAT!" a small percentage of people actually went to see it either out of curiosity or they liked the first one.

It was a movie for geekchic drones that don't think they're geekchic
twitter.com/DEATHNORMIE/status/923375683908317185

Honestly they should've rebranded it and made it a separate franchise.

As it is the average moviegoer might assume they need to watch the first movie (again) so they might opt out of seeing this one.

Also the running length might factor in since it might push away people that are not sure if they want to check the movie out.

no you're just faggots who have never been laid so you nutted all over yourselves from the trifecta of bitches in this movie and used fuckboy K as your self-insert

the movie was overhyped garbage that got the same rave "visual" reviews as scarjo GITS because normies are unfamiliar with 40ft tall naked bitches and think its mindblowing

Washed up? Are you stupid? The director has two big films and only became somewhat well known in 2015.

If you mean Ridley Scott, that's even more stupid, seeing as he didn't make this one

I feel like if this was their goal, then that producer should be sacked since he clearly knows nothing about the very simple blockbuster mould

>rave reviews
>GITS
I think it's time for you to go to bed

GitS had a lot of negative publicity from the start. People on the left calling it white washing and pissed off fans of the original by looking like a bad adaptation which is kinda was. Everyone was left wondering " Was this movie even necessary?"

>As it is the average moviegoer might assume they need to watch the first movie (again)
To be fair, you'd be very lost for significant portions of the film if you hadn't seen the original. Deckard isn't actually referred to by name until around the time he's kidnapped by Wallace. So people would have to guess who Harrison Ford's character was

it wasn't the leftist boogyman, it was fans of the anime who would've rather seen a qt nip.

For me, the most memorable thing about it was that I had to tell some bitch off in the cinema twice while watching it.
Takeshi Kitano was pretty good though

Will you go see Blade Runner 2079 in 35 years ?

I don't know about that. It would've been more normalfag friendly if that were the case, don't you think?

WHO WINS

> A skilled killer
> Six multicolored equines

No. everyone who does something I don't like is a leftist

you will never have a kino daughter who wants to see BR over pony

>No. everyone who does something I don't like is a nigger
FTFY

>My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic has a successful corner on the market
Horses are kino and kawaii. blade runner: running with scissors banked it.

I know somne Sup Forumsfags who said they would see it just to support 2d animation instead of 3d

One of them had a much more modest budget, was focused on what it wanted to do, and had Emily Blunt sing a villain song.
The other one was a sci-fi movie coming out in horror movie month with a bloated budget, shitty advertising, and sold itself on nostalgia and Harrison Ford.

I don't know with what kind of audiences you saw it with , but It definitely wasn't. Groups came with large buckets of popcorn and left hour before it was over, every single time

Trying to make a film for drooling, sharting retards for starters. Films like this should just be released internationally and/or only for viewing in the US for people who pass 125 on an IQ test before entering the kinoplex

believing that a niche film with shit trailers with harrison ford would make money over a ryan glosslin hard boiled detective flick (note hide all the jared leto too deep for u stuff and sell to action fans).

Trailers should have been a dt flick, with one line of leto hinting of what he does (no image of any birth), have ford as a surprise.

Nobody fucking cares about Blade Runner. They were retarded to give it such a large budget

Honestly, the trailer is disorienting. I went because I watched the first and I wanted to know WTF was going to happen in this one. For people who didn't watch the first one it was probably even more confusing and therefore unappealing.

wtf how many times did you see it?

Three times, once with friends, once with my brother, once alone.

I don't care, I'll buy the blu-ray and rewatch this once a year.

In the daily threads many claimed 3/4 viewings. Paid shills ? maybe some but not all. it struck a nerve here

Wish I could have watched it more than once

Wasn't going to appeal to general audiences. 30 minutes shorter, and maybe two more action scenes, maybe people would've gone out for it. I'm happy for people who enjoyed it as it was, but it'll be a while til something like it will get made again.

Looking at the top grossers of the year and seeing Blade Runner is a flop is honestly depressing.
So far the only thing that seems profitable is capeshit , disney cartoon remakes and low budget horror movies

Shills and confirmed redditors from the their blade runner forum

>gosling
>autism
>waifus
>misunderstood and hated by feminist and race baiter bloggers

Yeah I mean shills right, it's not like this movie instantly clicks with Sup Forums

i dont believe 180 million was spent on making the film

haven't even seen it yet. no clue. probably jews

movie is out of theaters but it's the shills man cheeto dust fedora Sup Forums

Correctamundo

Blade Runner 2049 is my favorite movie of the year, but if you think it' an arthouse movie then you're a fucking retard.

To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writh around on the ground in a supermarket while screaching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head.

He is cheeto dust. Nothing more.

Nothing more than a hack, a useful tool for studios to trot out to say "Hey, we're making art house!" I cannot wrap my head around the adulation he receives, let alone the wide praise this has got. The film trudges from set piece to set piece, leaves us no real questions or anything to think about really.

The worst part however was Deakins "look at me i'm acting!" cinematography. This poor sap has become a parody of himself to appease his internet fans(much like Refn after Drive)

The same bullet that kills a capeshit fan will also kill the Villeneuve and Paul Thomas Anderson fan. They come from the same root, from the same doritos stained console. They are frauds, and as a warrior of cinema it's my duty to expose the fakes and the inauthentic when I see them. I will fight with crawls and teeth until the last imposter is fallen to the ground

I have about as much respect for denis villeneuve as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

Like dredd right? you gonna link be the preorder or the bluray next bro?

Let me spell it out for you: AMERICANS ARE RETARDS.

Because the money weren't spent on underpaid third worlders making all the CGI while everyone waved their hands in front of a green screen

Actual sets, models, miniatures were build, not to mention hiring the best people for cinematography and sound design

I don't think so. I never got around to watching Blade Runner, because I didn't know which version to watch and anytime I asked for advice I just got memed, and I didn't feel lost. It's not like K knows stuff that you don't.

Sean Young showing up was probably less cool than it would've been, but it's not like it's hard to figure out what's going on

>I cannot wrap my head around the adulation he receives
Nobody cares what you can or can't get, you fucking pseud

That seems really weird to me. I haven't seen a movie multiple times in a theater since I was like six years old for The Lion King. Even if you loved the movie, why would you want to see it again right away? Doesn't that dull the magic a bit?

>Paid shills ?
Are you retarded?

Art house doesn't mean automatically good in most cases, it's endless heap of trash with some good ones just like the mainstream movies

idk if i just dont have perspective but i cant fathom how you spend that much money on a movie

How can anyone use so many words but say so little?

Go fuck off and watch the capeshit schlock you deserve, you nigger

Please watch the Final Cut.

Why do fans of this movie pretend to be above capeshit when almost every top 2017 list on this board and sites like lb have this trash paired with thor, baby driver, etc?

'muricans, what else

This quite frankly

Holy shit. Do you think you sound smart? You are fucking retarded

Well Justice League is something like 300 million, and average Marvel movie is 200 million

Personally I think watching it again with an understanding of the plot from the start is a great way to pick up on small details you missed the first time

A little. I wasn't wearing a seat belt

it's a pasta shitpost. Pretty funny desu

superb manicotti

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Fucking sony. There is no way the film won't make money long term, it's obviously going to sell like crazy on video and for a while.

People said it was a sexist film despite the fact that the most powerful role belonged to a woman who killed about 90% of the cast including the main protagonist.

So the normie nerds who cling to everything that Salon and Mic articles tell them were turned off immediately.

I'm actually going to go ahead and call this one a blessing in disguise. Do you really want a bunch of normies running around celebrating the legacy of Blade Runner?

No. You don't. It's a cult thing and it's best to be left at that.

I saw it 6 times. Once with gf, and 5 times by myself. Taking her to see it again.

Is this pasta?

wtf is this ridiculous looking nigger in that ridicilous outfit? pet peeve but he's really distracting