Nightwing Movie In Pre Production

>Chris McKay will helm a film based on the DC character Dick Grayson, best known as a member of the Batman family.

>hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-plotting-nightwing-movie-lego-batman-movie-director-978737?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

please be lego

The best DC director yet.

One step closer to replacing Affleck.

Another DC flick that will suck dick

100% will lead into either replacing Ben as Batman or being the lead of a Teen Titans movie

This is preemptive movie

Introducing Damian is one of the five worst things the DCEU could do.

I have hope that The Batman will be good. Aquaman MIGHT be entertaining. The rest though? Nope.

A sequel to Batman Lego maybe?They at least have Robin in that. A film about Dick with no build up or backstory to the character is a massive mistake, he just isn't interesting enough without it.

Watch how Sup Forums now doesn't complain about too much bat-related stuff.

Hypocrites like you really deserve to die.

Which actor's butt is good enough to play Dick?

If this gives us a Morrison Batman & Robin film (directed by George Miller in my dreams), I'm for it

What the fuck is DC's schedule anymore?

It's a lego movie.

So is it safe to assume that the DCEU will be cancelled and replaced with the Batman Universe?

Really though if it's not Lego and he doesn't get the name from Kryptonian mythology what's the point?

it's only bad when it's not my husbando

Depends on the structure of the film. I really don't think there's ANY character in comics that doesn't work in a movie without a little thought put into it. I could see the movie working by intertwining flashbacks with Affleck

It's.

source?

It's from the director of The Lego Batman Movie. It's not actually a Lego movie.

Hope so

No, it's getting replaced by the Lego Cinematic Universe

Unikitty/Dick OTP

It's from the same director as the Lego Batman Movie. Nothing in this article says that it is going to be another Lego movie.

>Nightwing Movie In Pre Production
worry.jpg

>it's a Lego movie
Oh thank god.

>No, it's getting replaced by the Lego Cinematic Universe

That would be even better.

keep dreaming, cuck

This isn't a Lego movie, people. It's just from the same director.
The lack of reading comprehension in this thread is astonishing.

I agree. What are your other four?

If you read the article you'd see it says it a part of the DCEU and being written by the guy who wrote the accountant

Does this mean I can finally get some Nightwing Omnis?

but live action is bad and lego is good

why would they do this

Because they hate us.

Well fuck.

I have no hope that the executives won't fuck it up somehow.

goddamn Sup Forums at least TRY to read

>The Nightwing project joins Warner Bros.' growing DC Extended Universe as the studio focuses on mining some of DC's most beloved characters for new films (as an example, Gotham City Sirens, with David Ayer attached to direct, will focus on the female villains of the universe, including Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn).

This guy only does animated movies and TV. Not a huge leap to assume they want him to stay in his wheelhouse

>written by the guy who wrote The Accountant

Shhh, just let us be happy for 5 more minutes.

They are planning a Nightwing movie already before The Batman movie even comes out? Is this another Sony disaster?

That was also a comedy

No one gives a shit about Dickbats but Grayson fags. Most Normies don't even know he's a thing.

Brad Bird started out as an animation director, it's not unheard of that they can't do live action.

I dunno it could work, ideally it would be Dick in a couple of Batman movies than a solo, it allows for people to get to know Dick then make him a bigger character, sort of Marvel did with Bucky. This smacks of rushing forward without planning.

I dont know much about filmmaking but how does this Robot Chicken and Lego Guy gonna know how to shoot a flippy action scene in real life??

The article specifically says it's live action.

Warner Brothers seems to be planning a fuck ton of movies regardless of quality.

True. But Brad Bird's live action stuff was terrible

it's what they do best

>GL movie that's mostly on Earth if they ever even plan to make another
>Doing a Cyborg solo movie at all
>trying too hard to make Aquaman look cool
>trying too hard to look more lighthearted

and dickcucks still claim nightwing isn't being shilled everywhere

>Dickfags gets McKay
>Sirens gets Ayer

IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR

That's what todays article says. Just like the Matt Reeves wait until someone from WB or DC says something officially

It's the DCCU. It's going o suck regardless of the director.

I can only imagine how all these movies will be canceled once JL fails.

Why would they plan a Lego Nightwing movie? What sense would that make?

Wan seems to have a handle on Aquaman. Wasn't he on it while BvS was filming?

Dick has always been popular. His book sells like the A-list JL members.

harely in Lego Batman was a big nothing despite being DCs most popular character

he doesnt give a shit about no harley
screw off shill

>Turbo sluts getting fucked

Sounds about right.

>Nothing in this article says that it is going to be another Lego movie.
The fact that the director is someone with talent and not Hack Snyder

Maybe he tested well in the Lego Batman focus groups. Why not?

Ah yes, because only a shill could possibly hate a series of shitty movies. Makes perfect sense.

Why would they do any Lego movie at all?

Robin did well in the movie. Immediately making him Nightwing would be stupid.

So is it a rumor or official news?

Rumor just like the Matt Reeves stuff

If they were going to make a spinoff, Lego Nightwing is not the first thing they would go for.

It's in the works. Which means absolutely nothing, as movies tend to be in the works for years and never materialize.

>Immediately making him Nightwing would be stupid.
As opposed to conjuring a Nightwing movie out of thin air like a DCEU one would be?

>his book sells like the A-List JL members

lmao what an achievement, what's that? 70.000 people?

You're right the next one is Lego Ninjago

Will the DCEU become better as it slowly morphs into the Batman Cinematic U?

It's hard to imagine it could get worse

but they already did

That means it's not shilling to use him in stuff. It's common sense.

Justice League is going to be the turning point for DCEU. If it's failed and didn't make a billion, then yeah. DCEU is canceled.

This was already teased from BvS so it's not out of thin air at all. What would qualify as not out of thin air to you? Batman calling him and telling him to come back
Shut up shill before I make you shut up

You're a fucking retard.

2/3 of the DCEU films have been masterpieces

These guys can't even make FUCKING SUPERMAN right and are thinking of a Nightwing movie?

>dickfags will become even more annoying

why doesn't Trump just gas the homos already

Been a while since I've seen it, the teasing would be him saying he's lost people along the way, or does Dick actually get mentioned?

Nah, Batfamfags were always terrible and full of casuals. It's the Wallyfags you have to watch out for now. His BFF getting a movie will mean he should too.

>Implying this movie is going to happen
Come on, user.

> him saying he's lost people along the way

That's the one

Mission Impossible's problem was the script. It was very well directed otherwise.

They already teased him in the DCCU.

Its in the works like the blue and gold
JL dark and MOS 2 movies are
obviously nightwing would be impossible to do without a batman movie

Sup Forums will turn on this movie when they case a guy with an insufficient ass

The scripts for DCEU haven't exactly been stellar

Dick's ass is too perfect for the real world.

They didn't. The only thing that was teased that there's a dead Robin.

>any DC movie happening after Justice League flops

Can real humans even try to compare with this?

Anyone they cast will have a terrible time playing a character whose sole identity is a less cool and interesting street level

The guy they got for CW Superman had a Dick-tier ass. I wonder if they would still use him.

That's hardly teasing Nightwing. And again my problem isn't they're doing a Nightwing movie it's if they do the movie without any prior buildup with Dick before hand to an audience that have never heard of him, and expect it to work.

>From Lego Batman Lore to Actual Batman Lore

Moving on top, but I know somehow Warner Bros. will fuck this up.

that would require critical thinking
dickfaboys lack that and will love everything no matter what, they even like garbage comics like Nightwing Year One and the old TT run

They teased a dead Robin in one movie and a mangled costume in another

That's why Lego works

Lego is more actual lore than live action