Malick

Is he in a class by himself?

Also, why is he making like a movie a week all of the sudden?
Also Malick general.

Koc is the best movie of all time. Prove me wrong

he knows his time is running out and is getting as spiritual as possible, as such his work has suffered

he hasn't made a good movie since thin red line

>

Pretentious hack

his 70s films are great. Everything else is skippable.

Literally the opposite.

Undeniably the greatest of all time.
Knight of Cups is movie of the decade.

>Malick fans

based

Nah, Badlands was a fluke and Days of Heaven is pretty much just nice to look at thanks to the cinematography. There's a reason why he went 20 years before making his third flick.

In many ways, yes. Franco Piavoli is the only other director I can think of that has achieved that level of pure beauty, of some indescribable, almost tangible feeling to their films.
One of imo

badlands is his worst movie though

>fluke
Never got this meme.
An entire good movie by a writer director can't just be a "fluke".

>“We’re all standing there and Malick hands out these pieces of paper to all of us,” Lennon said. “And the one he gave me said, ‘There’s no such thing as a fireproof wall.’ And I ask, ‘Is this something I’m supposed to say in the scene?’ and he said, ‘I don’t know.’”

I would love to act in a Malick film, it seems so fun and satisfying

is a great movie
very underrated

RADEGUND TRAILER WHEN?

I love Malick, but KoC was like a 2+hr perfume commercial

You sound like every retard in the letterboxd negative reviews
This is honestly the worst criticism of this movie other than "its so pretentious"

no one is close to him in recent years yea. his work is too close to reality, only comparable to dead people

ugh I hope Sup Forums doesn't love Malick.
I want to be different than you guys.

nu-Sup Forums hates malick because he's authentic so you're good.
nu-Sup Forums is synthetic 100%.

Is Song to Song any good?

It's the B side to Knight of Cups. So yes, but KoC is better.

It's alright. It focuses greatly on characterization, which makes it easier to connect to emotionally. It also has a bit stronger narrative, which some people like, but it thought that it held back his fractured, dreamy style, that he pushed even further

Can someone explain to me why he shoots parts of his movies on cameras that have worse quality than phones?

contrast
If you're talking about Voyage of Time.

Why not?

Imagine having a brain this small.