Animation looks less fluid than the old show

>animation looks less fluid than the old show
>music is wub wub hollywood trailer garbage
>camera work is choppy

It wasn't weird to expect it being better yet they made few steps back with everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nMIZD-JSf5k
youtube.com/watch?v=At_Bv_pLM9k
youtube.com/watch?v=wO-davXntX4
youtube.com/watch?v=fvzNcS0krg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its not even out and retards are already complaining

The animation looks better than in the original desu

youtube.com/watch?v=nMIZD-JSf5k

That's enough.

>Hear announcement of season 5
>ohboythislookscool
>watch all the series
>now Imma expert in Jack
>look at this animation
>so shallow and pedantic
>aren't I such a expert?!

Never change, Sup Forumsntrarians.

it looks better than ever, take off your fucking nostalgia goggles m8.

Having the music coming from the guy who did the last God of War game really disappointed me. It was the definition of soulless.

>OP is an underaged cocksucking faggot

But what's your point?

The music isn't really inspired, but please go rewatch Jack if you think the animation's off.

Why the fuck didn't he take James L. Venable again. His music was at least interesting, not just an uninspired mix of generic shit

Get a load of this faggot.

Guess what, old Samurai Jack had better animation. It wasn't really that fluid bit was more coherent in general. If you can't see the difference here, you are just a mindless drone like this retard who doesnt have his own opinion.

inb4 500 replies

Someitmes I wish Sup Forums was as autistic as Sup Forums and would never feed the trolls.

Then I look at Sup Forums and thank God that Sup Forums isn't that autistic

the CGI is an odd choice given that genndy's usual response to 'that's hard to draw in 3d' is 'just do it badly'
I like the wire twisting part!

Samurai JACK?!1!! More like...Samurai HACK!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cuz nobody wants 2000s music
or at least execs don't

SAMURAI JACK IS BA_D

This
youtube.com/watch?v=At_Bv_pLM9k

>>animation looks less fluid than the old show

The old show had really uneven animation.

This was Hanna Barbera-tier animation, for example:

youtube.com/watch?v=wO-davXntX4

it looks fucking awesome you jaded shithead

To be fair the later seasons had more effort/experimented with making the fight scenes look more interesting and fluid.

this, it got better with each new season

You can kind of tell they aren't used to animating this kind of thing though. Was there a single action show on CN before Samurai Jack? I don't remember any on CN, let alone one LIKE Samurai Jack. I always saw it as their answer to an 'adult animation' series on the network, but they could only get away with so much. Like there's a reason all of these 'robots' are 'robots.'

That aside though, the show does a good job of taking advantage of it's 'budget' issue. Which I find impressive. I mean you can tell they couldn't manage the most amazing fight scenes ever but they made the most out of what they could with pacing, sound design, scene composition, and atmosphere. The show really wants you to stop and look at it's scenes like a piece of art, and they're drawn with that in mind. It's interesting seeing the balance and contrast with the shapes and designs. It really helps blur the line between low budget/padding and intentionally still shots, so nothing feels too boring.

Also, I haven't seen most of the show since marathoning it recently, since I didn't grow up with cable, but I surprisingly rememberd a LOT of the scenes just from the imagery, and I had only seen little bits of the show. So I don't know how much that stands for, but it's surprisingly memorable because of those artsy choices I mentioned.

>music is wub wub hollywood trailer garbage

The music in the first trailer was by Carpenter Brut, if they use more of it this season then you will be 100% wrong

I agree completely, but you should kill yourself tripfag

Is the music still done by Carpenter Brut like the trailer? Love that shit

It looks about the same quality as it used to. Its not like the old fights were the paragon of choreography and animation all the time. There is some noticeable CG with the wheels, but otherwise it looks just fine.

I assume thats just for the trailer. That kind of music is more of a toonami thing than a samurai jack thing.

Not that I'm complaining.

looks like Sym-bionic titan and Samurai Jack had a baby.

OHHHHHH YEAAAA BOIIII

It looks good but pic related
Theres a point where instead of looking cool it is just cringworthy. I know its not a kids show anymore but man

>talking about cringeworthy
>USES the word "cringe" unironically
>or even uses it AT ALL

Off with your opinion Sup Forumsntrarian.

I feel like they're going to intentionally do that in the first episode just to differentiate it from the rest of the series, then tone it down in later episodes.

The animation looks on par if not better than the original.

Its still in the spirit of the old seasons. Its just wiring, its not actual guts.

I agree with this. They're basically shoehorning the fact that
>SEE GUYS? THIS SHOW FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD IS FOR ADULTS NOW!

>It's a "someone who never really watched the original but now that a new season's coming out they're suddenly experts" episode

>mfw they're saving the budget for the final battle

Samurai Jack is a show i watched in my childhood user. Og course i may haven't liked it as much as everyoen here but i did like it. And i don't remember it being edgy at all

>He thinks that was edgy for Jack
>"I dot remember..."
>Proceeds to dump criticism based on decade old memories

Genndy literally cited that people would do this. It's funny how that works.

It looks fine if not a little better

Don't you guys remember Jack being completely covered head-to-toe in oil (robo-beetle blood)?

Meh I dunno its still just wires and shit

Even old Samurai Jack had similar moments. Remember the one where Jack got sick and viciously tore that one robotic civilian down the middle in slow motion as his "guts" spilled out?

You're lying, and you have been since you started this thread OP. You are huge faggot that hasn't even watched an episode of Jack since it was on TV, otherwise you'd know your comparisons are wrong. Literally everything in the trailer has appeared in previous seasons of Samurai Jack

People donĀ“t remember Jack obliterating the beetle-bots.

Dang das brutal

>Saying this about the show that had Jack covered in oil while he was slicing up bugs

It's baffling how many not-fans are acting like they're fans, then complaining about things that Jack has always done.

>all these people complaining about the music
>obviously reflects that he doesn't have his sword
>no longer a samurai
>no longer cool samurai themed music
>yfw when he gets his sword back the music will return more to its older style to highlight the character change
>it'll still have more rugged electronic edges to reflect the man he's become

welcome to Sup Forums

kinda has a "hello helper" feel to it

looks exactly the same as the old show except for that weird CG with the bike

>Animation looks the same

>not even a single wub in the example you grasped for.

kys

Thanks adult channel

>Robots used to bleed oil
>Now the wires look more distinctly like intestines.

I got chills.

I-it's o-okay, they're j-just robots!

fucking contrarians barely even watched the show

The motorcycle and gun part were kind of shitty. I think they were relying to much on the whole "Jack isn't just using his sword anymore, oh shit!" angle. I don't see any other reason for the emphasis on him pulling out a gun, something almost every villain in the series uses.

They should have put more focus on Jack translating his swordsmanship ability into shooting skillfully instead of just him blandly pulling the gun out and firing.

The original show had way nastier robot gore

I never liked the art style for this show.

People on Sup Forums don't actually watch cartoons they just pretend to.

It was brutal on purpose, just so you could see the alien family react with a side glance.
It's a joke, autismo.

I mean when you look those are WIRES.

Man I was so hyped for this but it looks pretty bad

Christ, I knew you faggot don't read comics, but I at least thought you guys watch Cartoons. This is nothing new for Jack. He was covered in oil by the 3rd episode.

It looks like old samurai jack did. Its not like the show had the best of choreography.

Looks better than some of the fights the old seasons had which were just repetitive shots of Jack slicing/defending himself.

Well I was expecting it to be better, since Genndy said that they all improved and are more experienced now in general. It doesn't seem like that.

>People dumping on this

Oh my god, Sup Forums really is the dumbest place on earth.

Why does it have to look like shit? It seemed like the only enjoyable thing I had in months and it's not true at all

What budget did they have for this? It looks like a fan project for fucks sake

>hating on Tyler Bates

You're a cunt you know that?

Animation wise it looks the same as the original show. I don't know what the problem is.

His music is fucking generic, you realize that? Unless you are one of those people who think that Hans Zimmer is great. It's a fucking crime because they said in a featurette that the music is going to be unique for Samurai Jack. It is fucking not.

Nigger please, also I don't give a fuck about Hans Zimmer, Bates music works really well with SBT, Super, Guardians of the Galaxy, and I still stand by that

Nostalgia Im basically sure. People have super rosy memories of Samurai Jack that they forget the fight choreography wasn't even that great outside a few specific examples.

>animation looks less fluid than the old show
Why would you blatantly lie like this?
The animation on old SJ was never super fluid or impressive, it was just well directed

I watched Samurai Jack entirely on adult swim stream and I remember it perfectly. It was that shit only in seaon 1, it got better later on. Now it should have been better than season 4 yet we are back again.

It looks exactly the same and its the same exact sound effects

Is this literally just one guy who's pissed off about how "bad" this is going to be?

It honestly feels like one autistic guy just posting over and over

It probably is

It's not even well directed here, so what's your point exactly? Also shouldn't it be better than the original because they are supposedly better now?

lmao at all of the nostagiatards sperging in this thread

man it looks like ass

wtf is this

It is thought, it just as well directed as old Jack in that scene we see.
All the old tricks come back we've got close ups, slow-downs and black borders to help make the fight coherent and flowing. The internal shot where we see Jack spaghetti the internal wires is a great bit of direction.
You're just complaining for complaining's sake.

Doesn't look that bad. Still hyped

Mm, yeah. Also, they didn't feel, I dunno, "fast" enough? A bit too slow. And I think it would have helped if we saw a larger crowd around Jack at the latter half of that video, when he was taking out the bugbots with his staff weapon. I mean, they'd still be coming at him one by one, but at the very least, I think it would have helped the scene to emphasize their numbers more.

youtube.com/watch?v=fvzNcS0krg0
2:22
This is a preview of what Greg Baldwin's aku sounds like.

Scenes are disconnected as fuck and got weird pacing. It's not good at all. Hell, maybe it was like that sometimes in the old show but they could learn something from that.

>camera work is choppy
Were there little camera men drawn in off the frame and a little director too?

To be fair, I have a feeling hes gonna try to put in more effort to sound like Mako in the tvshow proper than a cheap mmo

I swear to God this is true

I told you fucks to not overhype stuff, now you feel the pain

Ah, the famous pacing complaint, the "Fuck I need a word which sounds smart even though I never payed attention on English at school" crutch of people unable to provide any actual critical analysis and think their preferences and quality are the same thing.

Why is the pacing bad? Because the only reason to say so is if you have examples of lightning fast moving scenes/plots which were supposed to be important and/or dramatic but are gone before you have time to let their importance sink in; and/or slow parts which drag on forever, taking away from more important plots and scenes, while those are cut short.

And before you open your mouth, slow downs during a fight in the trailer are not examples of bad pacing, it's all done for drama's and spectacle's sake and so far it always focuses on the important part of what's going on. That's actually GOOD dramatic pacing, especially for a show which tries to be more than a an action piece.

Can we all just calm our hype for a minute and realize that we know exactly how this is episode is going to work?

>Aku's Future Funhouse
>Innocent people somehow still existing in Aku's future
>Innocents about to get slaughtered
>In comes Bikerjack
>Bretty badass and doesn't afraid of anything
>Jack's worn out from fighting and has taken to using any means necessary to win
>Jack fights an enemy that makes him realize he's lost his way
>Redemption fight
>Jack walks off in the distance having thrown away his bike and outfit, wearing just his white gi and wielding only his sword
>Credits

If you don't honestly think that's how the first episode's going to go down beat for beat, you're deluded. The reason I bring this up is because we have GOT to tone down the hype train, or else it will derail.

ITT: Sup Forums

>because we have GOT to tone down the hype train, or else it will derail.
People always build up the hype train to greater and greater proportions but once they air an episode that isn't 100% all that great, expect for there to be threads and threads of angry people and shitposters to fuel the flames of discourse.

I would agree if not for the fact that a lot of people are complaining about pacing.

But you can dismiss that entirely because you think it's just one person, feel free to feel good about yourself.

intelligent dogs were crucified in the second episode

Can't wait for /disappointed/ generals, your tears sustain me, I won't even watch that crap.

>Jack, I don't think they're robots!
>It is a figure of speech user, they serve Aku and they are beneath my respect!

>I'm going to complain about a show that I don't like and haven't watched in threads dedicated to it.

Hello Sup Forums

YOu cant even explain why the pacing is bad, get off your high horse