Soos

He seems to be in that odd position where nobody in the fandom really hates him, but he's also not really anybody's favorite character

He's mine I guess. If Abuelita doesn't count.

>First name is Jesús
>Nobody calls him Chucho

>no one likes him
>no one hates him
>name anagrams out to So-So.
It's like clay molded to form containers.

>He's mine I guess. If Abuelita doesn't count.

Of course, Abuelita counts. She may not appear nearly as often or have as much of an impact as her grandson, but she's still a character in the show, unlike, say, Dipper and Mabel's parents.

I didn't care for him, if that counts for anything. I always just thought he was an annoying side character that had too much screen time.

Well yeah, he's kind of pathetic so he's not exactly a character you would want to relate with or look up to, but he's still charming so you don't not like him for being pathetic either

The writers sure liked him more than Wendy

i love every moment he's onscreen because he's hilarious, I just don't like him as much as an actual person compared to the pineses, wendy, or most of the one-offs... see the rarer-appearance characters have to work hard to make themselves stand out, while the core main characters get a ton of time to do that, but anyone in between... has some trouble.

He's my second favorite. I really didn't care for him in the beginning since he seemed just like fat man-child comic relief but he developed into a really relatable and deep guy.
>Deadbeat Dad
>Trouble with interacting with women
>Idolizes a shit human being. (I love Stan, but he is pretty shitty)
>Incredibly selfless and willing to help anyone who needs it.

He truly is my guy.

kek'ed

Stan is most peoples favourite but there are lots of likeable characters like bill or Gideon or dipper
Actually my least favourite character was Stanford but he was in the show for like half a season and they tried to establish him as a big part of everything and failed
Honestly if he was the last sacrifice would anyone have cares half as much as we did with Stan?

Yeah, nobody likes Gideon, even as a villain.

I think the last sacrifice(Or one of the last ones, at least)should've been Mabel.

Nobody likes season one Gideon but seeing him win over his cellmates changed that
Not an argument

Incorrect. Soos is easily one of, if not the best character in the show. Him and Grenda are top tier and underrated.

I never said it was, it's just a comment I had.

OCEAN MAN

>and Grenda
Grenda and Candy were one of the worst parts of season 2. They kept getting shoved into everything.

They started off good, but then they got shove in way too much in the second half of season two.

Then again it seems that I always have problems with the second half of season two.

>Then again it seems that I always have problems with the second half of season two.

That seems to be the case for a lot of people. Probably because it's so painfully obvious how rushed it was.

The last episode of Gravity Falls was A Tale of Two Stans, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

The story kind of had a bleak ending, if that's the case

Soos is /ourguy/

>They kept getting shoved into everything.
And not enough got shoved into them.

Y'know, it's funny: when I started watching GF, Soos really reminded me of this really socially awkward guy I used to work with--he was competent in his job, and always meant well, but was just really socially clumsy. Then I watched the extra episodes at the end of the series and found that Hirsch based Soos on this awkward dude he knew in college.

He's my Dad's favourite

He's pretty close to my favorite character. At first I hated him because he's was nothing more then an annoying hindrance. He was practically Mabel cranked up to 11, but he actually did grow and change the most out of anyone in the cast. By the time the series ended he was a genuinely enjoyable character. That at the very least put him in the top 5 for me.

>Implying Sup Forums and the rest of Sup Forums can't relate to Soos

I loved her absolute disdain for Soos's deadbeat dad.

SEASON THREE WHEN

>insulting best girl

>mfw there are people that like Soos because they're gay chubby chasers

>mfw there are people that like Soos because they're gay chubby chasers
If you don´t like Fixing It With Soos you´re the cancer, user

It's only a couple of dudes who say the same shit over and over.

>no, he's.....
*looks down*
>not there

As a chubby chaser, he is my favorite character.

He and Stan were my favorites before they started trying to make Soos a serious character with a sob story. Now it's just Stan.

>Honestly if he was the last sacrifice would anyone have cares half as much as we did with Stan?
of course not, that's why he wasn't. what are you even trying to say? "if they tried to pull off a trope with a character who wasn't fit for it that would be shit"? well yeah. it sure would suck if in Lion King, Rafiki died instead of Mufasa.

>m-mah headcanon
autism

well that's one of the points of deconstruction. giving comic relief characters serious conflicts to make them deeper. if you don't like that, i highly doubt you should watch postmodernistic cartoons

Didn't they do the same to Stan?

>Comes from broken home
>Raised by his grandma in the center of Oregon's weirdness magnet
>Childish and socially awkward, but still manages to land and keep a stable job that requires a decent level of skill in a variety of fields
>Taught himself basic electrical engineering, music, videography, etc.
>Great with kids and otherwordly adventures and challenges
>Strong sense of duty and a protective instinct
>Extremely helpful to anyone who needs it
>Managed to nab himself a thick, dorky cutie to skype with, then actually got her to come move in with him
>When the world literally ended, he travelled the wastes, saving people and performing unsung acts of heroism to the point that actual mythic ballads had been composed about him, but doesn't go into bragging about it
>Now owns and operates the business he put so much work into over the course of his life and runs it with his woman, entertaining tourists with his natural showmanship

I guess I may be the rare exception here, but Soos has never been anything but my favorite character from Gravity Falls