No way this will top Wonder Woman, you just know it will be forced SJW bullshit

No way this will top Wonder Woman, you just know it will be forced SJW bullshit.

What even are Captain Marvels powers? Is she like Superman cause that's gay.

Wonder woman sucks

>not even in Infinity War

that's how little they care about this character

iirc she has superhuman strength (and speed?), flight, and limited energy absorption\projection

I think she has energy blasts from her hands instead of eye lasers but basically yeah

"Ms. Marvel's current powers include flight, enhanced strength, durability and the ability to shoot concussive energy bursts from her hands. "
taken from marvel website. She sounds super lame, I wish superheroes/villians with unique powers would have the spotlight rather then just being side characters all the time.

it will get by because of the same feminism crap that WW got. but it will actually be better because marvel made it.

>but it will actually be better
>because marvel made it
kekarooni

>Captain Marvel

They must have been up all night coming up that name

Remember that time Sup Forums was right about a movie flopping?
Yeah, me neither.

she's a poor man's supergirl. they even took supergirl's last name on earth (danvers) for captain marvel.

They stole it from the original Captain Marvel who is now the DC character, Shazam.

DC had a character named Captain Marvel first.

A nobody character that they've pushed in the comics because Fox own all the good Marvel female characters.

The most famous thing about her is that Rogue of the X-Men put her in a coma and kept her powers. It's why Rogue had flight and super strength in the cartoon.

OP, there is no possible way it can be worse than comic Carol. If anything, this movie will give Marvel Comics enough material to rip off to make her somewhat bearable again.
She's another flying brick, like Supes, only she fires energy blasts from her hands. She's also a raging alcoholic and loves to murder Skrulls
It used to be Ms Marvel and she used to dress like pic related. Those were better days

Captain Marvel is going to make a 'surprise' entry into Avengers 3 just like Superman into Justice League. Everyone will laud it and talk about how much better done it was than Superman was done.

Bit by bit Marvel will continue to chip away at the Trinity.

Captain America has pretty much already greatly harmed the possiblity of future Superman fans. They just need Black Panther and probably Moon Knight, Daredevil, Nighthawk, Darkhawk or someone else similar to go after the Batman fanbase and then Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch to kill off the Wonder Woman fanbase. Black Panther is already a variant of Batman now. Batman will have close to zero black fans in the future. The Batman fanbase would probably be the hardest to kill off and they might not be able to completely kill it. They might just be able to greatly weaken it and get another similar hero to be about as popular however.

In addition to the Trinity, Marvel has and continues to go for even the less popular heroes. Nova Corps and Captain Marvel to take out the future Green Lantern fans. Iron Man of course already prevents any future Cyborg fans. Vision has pretty much taken up any future Manhunter fans and Adam Warlock will probably continue stoping any future Manhunter fans. Warlock may with Doctor Strange additionally stop any future fans of John Constantine and Doctor Fate. Scarlet Witch in additition to Wonder Woman helps prevent any future Zatanna fans. Of course they have Namor for Aquaman.

Hawkeye functions to stop some Green Arrow fans, but it doesn't seem like quite the same appeal. They probably need someone else in addition to take away from the appeal of Hawkeye. I'm not sure who they could have to prevent future Hawkman or Flash fans. I guess Thor is kind of like Hawkman, but he might not seem quite similar enough. He actually seems more like Aquaman.

They'll cheap out having Skrulls for the villains. They can shapeshift so they'll just be normal people and won't need any costumes or CGI.

Nope. Captain Marvel wasn't owned by DC until AFTER Marvel started using the name for their character. He was owned by a company that DC sued into the ground, but they didn't acquire the character until years later.

this is paranoid nonsense

DC's is going to rush out Shazam to try to piggy back on Captain Marvel and is going to ruin the potential that the character might have had, but DC has little chance for any other future movie for him due to the precarious future of the movie industry.

so do we like Wonder Woman now or something?

There was also a third Captain Marvel between Fawcett's character and Marvel's character.
He would shout a magic word and his arms and legs would pop off and fly around the room.
I'm not joking, it was the 60s. People were doing a lot of drugs.

That costume is fucking terrible. Did she even bother to get fit for the role?

Its a fan edit you mong

I just care about keeping it cannon by now
Hope they won't fuck it as much

That's obviously a shop. Though this costume isn't much better

I wish this role had went to MEW
no bully

This is the first marvel character that no one legitimately gives a shit about.
Of course they're gonna ramp up the SJW bullshit.

>but it will actually be better because marvel made it.

my sides are in space

the absolute state of marvel cucks

What is up with making all superheroes look like boring ass normies? Why do comic book movies have absolutely no aesthetic sense at all?

REMOVE SKRULLS

So anyway, wasn't this supposed to be a prequel set in the 1990's?

Yeah, it is set in the 90's

Will Nick Fury lose his eye to a Skrull pretending to be Richard Parker?

They're clearly modeling Wonder Woman in BvS, not Superman. She'll be more of a surprise but her entrance will not be as epic. Then her solo movie will explore her origin in the past. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Man of Steel and BvS both brought in new Superman fans. I like both Superman and Captain America, so your whole argument is ridiculous

>DC lawyered Fawcett comics to death because he outsold Supes.
>The title Captain Marvel lapses.
>Marvel started using the name a decade or so later.
>Some time after that DC bought Fawcett's old IPs dirt cheap like the sneaky kikes they are
>Only to find they can't use the name any more because Marvel own it.
>Another decade added to Stan life from the sheer lols alone.

Fawcett had the title for 14 years in the 40s-early50s. Marvel's had it for the last half a century. DC's never had rights to the title.

Kevin Feige, writers and directors many times stated the fact that she will not gonna appear in Avengers 3. Only Avengers 4

That's why it's a surprise.

There's Wolverine and Spiderman.

That would be retarded thing to do. It's not gonna happen

#notmuhcaptainmarvel

You mean Wolverina and Spiderwoman?

I fucking hate this version of Captain Marvel and how she's been pushed so hard lately. No one likes this white dyke.