twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Star Trek
>Discovery
>Season 1
>Episode 9
>"Into the Forest I Go"
mega.nz/#!lOxVWCwB!9uPfG2caXeqVu1M72Q4RhO6VXL69DQfO5IqX3zig9w0

>Honest Rating
Yeah, it was fine. Honestly, this entire season has been better than I expected (except for the 2-part pilot, which was awful).

>Poll
strawpoll.me/14389245
strawpoll.me/14389245
strawpoll.me/14389245

first for tits

/trek/ threads, like Trek itself, should educate, inform and entertain.
youtube.com/watch?v=8oIZ9bZoi3c

when u got spots u can got anyone

FIFTH. SHAP.

Are you the [triggered] poster or are you mocking the [triggered] poster? I can't tell anymore.

>haha we said "fuck" look how edgy we are :^)
>haha we showed bare tits look how edgy we are :^)

On Season 4 of TNG. Good episodes ahead.

He's starting to rage against Enterprise too.

This is Jadzia we're talking about. She didn't have any tread left, so it's probably the only way for her to feel anything anymore.

*blocks your expectations*

stop talking about spotted queen like that you FUCKING niger

When did ENT break canon?
I seem to remember brainlets thinking the Borg episode broke canon but needed some temporal mechanics broken down.

STD showed bare tits?
WTF WON'T they do for buys at this point?

>rince cups
Yeah that's not sanitary.

make a show that's actually star trek

To Vulcan and catch some rays

According to Balance of Terror, cloaking devices are only a theoretical technology. Nobody has ever witnessed them being used before.

And then Enterprise gave us a Romulan Bird-of-Prey with a cloaking device.

>make a show that appeals to normies instead of Trekkies
>normies don't even watch it
>shits on Star Trek as much as it can (not even just canon and the lore, but everything about it. The very nature of Trek)
wdtmbt?

Probably Risa
>Go to Risa for a relaxing vacation
>end up joining future Sup Forums

That's one of those blurred canon lines.

Yeah, sure it might have been an oversight but it was also pre-Starfleet and maybe the encounter logs weren't recorded.

Just seems like a smaller one; doesn't really bother me.

>but it was also pre-Starfleet and maybe the encounter logs weren't recorded.
You're really, REALLY reaching here.

More like TRS. Worf shouldn't have bombed the atmospheric systems.

Were they nude? As in did they ever show tits/vag? Of course not but you knew that.

I just don't care and it's on the smaller end of what you'd call breaking canon.
But if you need something to be upset about, be my guest.

>As in did they ever show tits/vag?
Is that the definition of nude? Of course not, but you knew that.

Who said that I'm upset? I was just giving an example to answer your question.

Everything STD does just reeks of desperation to compare itself to GoT, which is from an entirely different genre.

Why would a TV series/movie have to switch their rating from PG/PG-13 etc. to an adult rating?
That's the difference between the two.

While he was definitely too whiny and preachy, if you think about it, that guy was basically vindicated by the last two seasons of DS9. His point was that the Federation wasn't going to survive if it stayed as soft as it was at the time. By the end of the series, The Federation is developing warships again.

>Who said that I'm upset?
This isn't you? (Cross-thread)
That's an awful angry first sentence there for someone not to be upset.

Yeah, that's me. Enterprise is stupid and pointless. I still enjoy it though. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

I don't mind titties on Trek. Problem was they weren't even nice titties.

Troi and 7 had best titties.

That's why I give Enterprise a pass. Because it at least had 1-2 good seasons and someone will say 'yeah but season 3/4 was okay' or both.
TNG broke canon more than once. Same with VOY. Not sure about DS9. But they were all unintentional and the series made up for it somehow.
pic related is mfw no season 5 shran alliance

HAHAHA WATCH OUR EDGY GRIMDARK SHOW GUYS!
IT'S GOT TITS, SWEARING AND VIOLENCE JUST LIKE GAME OF THRONES!

>not the dabo girl Rom married

G A Y

STDbabies truly are a level beyond pathetic.

And beer pong, and intimate gay on-screen relations, and sassy black women defying non-blacks/whites in power positions.

DAMN they sho is doin dey thang, HUHHNN?

>make Sup Forums posts
>"It's not fair, why do they accuse STD-haters of being Sup Forums shits?"

Leeta was hot, kinda retarded though. But I guess she'd make a good wife since she wasn't that ambitious and not corrupted by evil space feminists.

because of how big of a shitshow it is, i think i can get some mileage out of STD after I'm done with this ds9 run in an Mst3k manner

I can only hope those of you who watch Discovery aren't paying for it. I wouldn't.

DS9 had the first black lead in Star Trek with Cmdr Benjamin Sisko.
DS9 had the first onscreen homosexual kiss in Star Trek.
DS9 had Sisko, Bashir, and O'Brien celebrating the pregnancy of a male friend and planning a baby shower and gifts for him.

just remindin y'all

It's not even worth that imo. It would be better if it was "so bad it's good" but it's just tiresomely overpolitical while managing to be nothing but mediocre.

ds9 felt like star trek

>DS9 had the first black lead in Star Trek with Cmdr Benjamin Sisko.
Rarely anyone has ever had a problem with that.
>DS9 had the first onscreen homosexual kiss in Star Trek.
Technically it was a heterosexual kiss because it was two past hosts who were husband and wife.
>DS9 had Sisko, Bashir, and O'Brien celebrating the pregnancy of a male friend and planning a baby shower and gifts for him.
Never was onscreen, just a filler line between Bashir and Sisko.

A reminder for you.

DS9 was still cozy Trek.
DS9 still felt like it was in the same universe as TOS and TNG.
DS9 still retained Trek values.
DS9 was still good.

DS9 is alien soap opera, but you didn't mind cuz the series had good characters and few shit episodes.

Was the Brian Thompson episode of THE ORVILLE any good?

Male pregnancy isn't "bad" if the alien species does it that way. It would be like getting triggered about Seahorses.

Its not like Sisko was walking down the promenade with a full term belly or anything weird.

>DS9 is alien soap opera
No it wasn't.
B5, though, was quite operatic in it's presentation.

>the series had good characters and few shit episodes.
^^^^^^^ ding ding ding

i think kira's pregnancy was the most degenerate thing in DS9 imo

>good characters
Right off the bat, DS9 has
>Odo
>Quark
>Garak
>O'Brien (kinda cheating, since he was already on TNG)
>Dukat

STD has
>Tilly...?

Leeta's actress had some bad milk from what i remember. They had a pushup on her

Lorca

>i think kira's pregnancy was the most degenerate thing in DS9 imo

If by degenerate you mean her out of wedlock impregnation by the swarthy desert Arab Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi..

Then yes I'd have to say it was degenerate as well

oh

forgot how good this 'sode is

I think what he means is that you could have a holo deck beach episode and they could be wearing swimswear that counts as "clothed" and you could have seen all the same parts of their body you did during their "nude" scenes, which isn't a ratings changer. Hell even some evening dresses in a ballroom could do that.

You know Brooks totes woulda been up for that, though.

That's not an excuse for acting like a smartass while not understanding a word's definition.

What seperated DS9 from TNG - and soap opera - for me was what I ascribe to the accounts of how the set was during shoots. TNG was apparently a laughfest, and it actually shows through the relentless optimism and willingness to roll with the punches even when "its possible to make no mistakes and still lose" stuff comes around, while DS9's set was apparently like a funeral. It robbed it of that optimism and feeling of constructivity that even a loss was still a valuable lesson, but that also actually suited the setting of the show as a military conflict set directly at the warfront, and the characters were a lot more dramatic than soap opera-ish as a result, with a lot of real stakes and things hanging in the balance.

Though I still dislike the overly religious angle, especially because too many parts of some episodes deal with the whole "what you perceive right now isn't actually real/just your brains "interpretation" of what youre "actually experiencing" thing.

True, he probably should've said "sex scenes".

>That's not an excuse for acting like a smartass while not understanding a word's definition.
You mean not understanding a worf's definition?

Baccaruda!

Eat any good books lately?

that is NONE of your concern!

what is rule of acquisition #2

After STD fails, Seth "Orvillord" MacFarlane is going to buy the rights to Star Trek to complete the prophecy.

The Orville is pretty much new Trek now anyway.

cursed image

Do you think in private Marina Sirtis calls him "Horny Dorny"?

>implying he wouldn't put both on air simultaneously

Goddamn, it never occurred to me until now just how comfy the shuttlepod was. So cozy and intimate. I'm gonna go grab my cat and pretend my walk-in is a shuttlepod.

Why did we never get to see the chef's face in Enterprise?
and why do starfleet rations have so many electro-lights?

>Why did we never get to see the chef's face in Enterprise?
>implying

>filename not gross-aproximation-of-rikers-penis.jpg

The sun

>but a bat'leth is NOT a SWORD!

checkmate swordeists

Truly a gourmand across the generations.

she peels those carrots in a very awkward manner
which director called for this? Kolbe?

The "every Trek was panned unwanted early on" meme is actually wrong. Fans were eagerly awaiting both Voyager and DS9 and Enterprise had forums buzzing until everyone heard the terrible intro music.

STD shills will try to divide us but we must adapt. We will succeed!

Notice how I didn't include TNG SPECIFICALLY because I knew you'd post this article like you always do.

The intro music was better than the show.

>super high ratings for every premiere
>massive drop off immediately afterwards as the fandom turns its back on every new series
Every time.

>I knew you'd post this article like you always do
Am I supposed to be someone specific?

Enterprise had at least 1 good season unless you were actively trying to hate it

>because I knew you'd post this article like you always do.
Because you always start this conversation, because you're obsessed with STD.

>The New Spock
>McFadden listen third
>Riker misspelled
They really tried to hard to apply the same mold there, thinking the Doctor would be a major character again and somehow the Chief Engineer was equivalent to Spock? I mean Scotty isn't even in the TOS picture there.

Enterprise had 4 good seasons. People like to criticize season 1 and 2, but they were better than TNG s1/2 and at least just as good as DS9 s1/2.

The intro music was good in every season though :^)

>the fandom
You nitwit, that was actually casual new viewers leaving or else no one would even be here

i've come to be fond of it through nostalgia, but at some points when that came on the television i would automatically mute it until the show starts

the title sequence itself was pretty nice though, especially when they flip reversed it for the mirror universe

ENT had no episodes as good as, say, Duet or The Measure of a Man.

Yeah, all 17 of us in this thread.

Sorry, but the fans dropped the series too. That's why each series was lower than the last.