>*brap*

>mouthbreathing

Something less-than-mildly humorous happens/lame quip:
>HAHAHAHA YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN BOHOHOHOH

Music from late 80's/90's starts playing:
>oh hell yeah! *hums the tune*

Somebody gets injured:
>oooo that's GOTTA hurt

Don't forget the fucking clapping when the movie is over.

me on the lap

Live in a better country with a better culture, senpai.

>tfw

Agreed. This only happens in shitholes like America.

>sitting with your girlfriend in your lap while she wears a short skirt

that guy is living the life

in Australia if anyone even rustles too loudly the entire audience gives them a death glare

It's worse with niggers, but everyone knows that

> watching movies made for retards
> complaining about retards in the audience

This is why you go to either IMAX showings or just more expensive theaters. It keeps out the minorities and poor people. It’s worth the price.

What is IMAX, exactly?

I've been to several cinemas and theatres and their "IMAX" mean different things.

people don't actually do this right? I remember it at the end of Revenge of the Sith, Return of the King and maybe one other movie but they don't actually clap right?

>mfw I start the clapping and people go along

>somehow half the audience has pneumonia
>*COUGH* URGHH AWUGH

wtf here was this pic taken?
I can tell you it was not in the US
you cant just have your kids sit on your lap like that! you have to pay for a seat/ticket for them unless they are newborns.

Middle of summer too.

b my gf

>it's actually a very unconvincing trap

They do mean different things. It’s usually a bigger screen with better sound. There are some with the real huge curved screens but I haven’t seen one of those since I was a kid.

watched Thor in theaters a week ago, guy behind me shouted "JEFF" whenever he appeared on screen

b my murder victim

That actually sounds pretty funny. And for a movie like that I really wouldn’t give a shit.

Why do people clap? I get they like it but no one does this at home for movies so why at theater?

Unironically that's a better quip than any included in the script of Thor.

he also loudly laughed at every quip in the movie

like, there'd be a quip, i'd chuckle, my friend would chuckle, maybe my other friend would chuckle, then

AHAHAHAHAHA

from the back seat

fuck me

people clap to show their appreciation, for Americans the individual is incredibly important, clapping for Americans means "I approve of this" and is meant to signal to the audience as much as it is meant to signal to the people responsible for the film

But the people who made the film don't know you are clapping, so who are they clapping for saying they approve? It makes sense at a show or concert or something.

>fuck me
I agree, fuck you

>watching the limited theater run of Dr. Strangelove last year
>guy behind me loudly says "YESSS" every time a character says "precious bodily fluids."

you're not reading what I'm saying, it's showing to the audience that you approve

name a time and place, cutie :*

>Somebody gets injured:
>>oooo that's GOTTA hurt
That's MY thing. I think people are starting to recognize me .
What do you guys do at your theatre to be noticed?

The other people who watched the movie. He clearly explained this. I think it’s kind of dumb too but what he’s saying makes some logical sense.

>mfw a guy who looks like a fatter Wil Wheaton several seats over, sitting alone loudly trying to do MST3K style commentary over the movie

i'm that user, yea I think it's kind of dumb but American culture is kind of dumb

all culture is kind of dumb actually

who gives a fuck if people do things differently than you do, just let them do their shit as long as they're not hurting anybody

I don't hate it I just find it weird. I have a friend who eats pizza with a spoon so I am not gonna shit on anyone for their style.

>go to see the new bladerunner
>there is a special bar event that goes on like 30 minutes before the film
>people constantly channelling in and out of seats to use the bathroom because they had been drinking

>It's a slow-moving thriller
>It got advertised as a jump scare horror flick
>Theater filled with teenagers
>They loudly bitch whenever a lingering shot isn't punctuated with a BOO jump scare
>All subtext is lost on them
>It ends ambiguously
>They loudly bitch about the movie during the credits

Yes, I'm talking about It Comes at Night

>that'd what SHE said!! XD

Fucking die.

>Hey guys, I know it's a movie and everything, but don't forget about ME!
>Strap in for my hilarious commentary!

>Niggers in the front row
>Narrates everything that happens in the movie
>Oh shit mang dey got em
>OH NO NO NO
>Look at dese niggas mang dese wite bois is crazy

depending on the movie this could enhance the viewing

>HAHAHAHA YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN BOHOHOHOH
It’s humorous until you realize your dad used to pull this shit and right after he was done laughing he took a big drink of soda and sighed audibly so the whole ducking audience could hear him

Fucking this, even when they sit in the back you can hear their chimp paws slapping everything and yell

>protag is giving his finale speech 5 minutes before credits
>ringtone goes off

This is actually a good thing.
For all their intellectual deficiencies, blacks are actually naturals when it comes to improvisatory film commentary.

>ugh i fucking hate people, stupid neanderthals, why cant everyone be like me instead

I had a guy in my theater literally talking to Deadpool during the post credit scene

that's so clearly not what this thread is

context, user, its a movie theater. people are trying to watch and listen

I do it at home but I'm obnoxious

different cultures and subcultures have different audience rituals, like how some expect the audience to be silent during a performance and react at the end whereas others expect them to show their appreciation and enthusiasm, the way and degree that that enthusiasm is shown can vary too
and yeah, the people that made the movie don't know you're applauding, but they also don't know if you're laughing or crying or rolling your eyes and you still do all those things