What do actors do exactly between projects?

I mean, do they just party all day and night for years?

I've read Wikipedia pages of actors and quite a few of them have literally years between projects listed in the filmography.

What on Earth do they do? You can't possibly need several years to prepare for the next role.

Damn it
Does Sup Forums only reply to meme threads or what

I wonder this as well. I'm guessing the royalties they get from their past movies give them enough money to survive.

Hell, doesn't Michael Jackson's estate still earn like 5 million dollars a year?

Drugs and yoga

Some actors shop around for new projects and get attached to stuff that never gets made so they have to keep shopping.
Some party.
Some do theater.
Some get involved in a producer role.
Some get involved with charity projects.
Some go and do something weird like move to Italy and learn to make shoes.

Probably why so many are depressed/addicts etc
They have literally nothing to do outside filming and publicity

I wonder how many of them just stay reclused in one of their mansions, have food delivered to them so they don't have to leave, and just shitpost on Sup Forums all day.

Change mansion to apartment and this is what I did when I had no job.

Well, we know Dane does.

Why would I do that? I already know you're a loser, you don't need to rub it in against yourself.

they are actors because they are head cases

Rape children

what do Sup Forums neets do inbetween jobs?

The actors guild is very specific in what actors do in their off time. They are all legally required to spend the time collecting rare braps from history and legend in bottles and cateloging them in the famed Braporium in LA

This isn’t /cel/. Your thread is against the rules too.

>read scripts
>go to meetings about scripts and projects
>produce
>direct
>write scripts
>appear in movies you don't know about
>go to school
>teach classes
>go to lots more meetings
>just a fuck ton of meetings

I used to work at a hotel.

My grandfather died and left me his house and about 15 grand.

That 15 grand let me live for 1 year and a half just doing nothing. I barely left the house, usually once a fortnight to collect food.

That would imply they ever had a job, and are ever likely to get one

I meant to add I work at the hotel again since I needed money to pay for electricity and food

There are projects too small for Wikipedia they don't bother to record

A lot of mid-level actors also have stakes in side businesses, too. Particularly bars and restaurants.
The schlubby Dad from Modern Family is part owner of a fancy cocktail bar in SLC, for example.

>fortnight
Don’t think I don’t know what you’re doing.

You know, people have lives after they're done with their jobs. This isn't any different with actors.

But who could you know that, you fucking neet virgin.

They LARP as fat pimple-faced autists on anonymous Laotian wooden pike sharing imageboards on the internet.

they live the NEET lifestyle like me. Most of them pretend to be "so busy haha!" but really they're living like NEETs between projects. I remember all the actors who were WoW players back in the day... even Mila Kunis was in a hardcore raiding guild

Parties are actually a pretty important part of Hollywood. It's where you make connections and trade ideas.