"Intellectuals" claim that Starship Troopers is supposed to criticize the "dangers" of "fascism"

>"Intellectuals" claim that Starship Troopers is supposed to criticize the "dangers" of "fascism"

>When in reality the big bad "fascism" is what allowed the humans to prevail against a hostile alien force that STARTED the war by vaporizing 10 million humans with a single meteor

I don't get it, are critics saying Earth should have immediately surrendered and let the bugs kill us all out of principle?

>thinking that a military propaganda movie is going to give you the full picture of the situation

Would you like to know more? Too bad.

That sounds like fart sniffing meta faggotry to me.

>that STARTED the war by vaporizing 10 million humans with a single meteor
Look up the Reichstag fire.

>director has gone on about how his film is a satire of fascism and american military politics
>retards 20 years later still think the film is pro fascism

its a great movie in a sense that it doesn't tell you what to think or feel. You can kinda just get inspired and formulate your own thoughts about it after watching it, plus its a fun movie

what if the meteor was a false flag?

Where you paying attention? Is this bait? The whole point was that the bugs didn't star anything; it was a false flag attack.

>not just enjoying the movie for the over the top violence and military hoo-rah shit
I thought it was pretty fun.

That was a big false flag though. Theres no way the bug meteor could fly all the way to earth in any of our lifetimes, even if it was traveling the speed of light.

so how did the japanese get to another planet and why attack buenos aires?

Did you watch the movie? The bugs are supposedly halfway across the galaxy and they somehow shot an asteroid at Earth from that distance? It was a false flag operation to justify their war against the bugs.

>Humans are threatened by a hostile species
>Humans retaliate
>Humans win

>BTW THIS IS BAD BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THE UNIFORMS

There is ZERO evidence that the meteor was a false flag, even in the books.

>i only see the surface
>i can't see basic irony
>i don't understand subtext
>i don't understand symbolism with dualmeanings
>i don't see subtle affinities between the situation in Iraq and this movie
>i am an ant
>i am hitler's shock trooper
>i am the retarded jackboot snow nigger

it was satire, you dumb fuck.

Well, Mr. Intellectual, how should have the humans responded to 10 million dead humans?

Open borders?

>zero evidence
>Klandatu is literally several galaxies away
>closest one is 2.5 million light years
Maby if the asteroid was traveling at millions of times the speed of light, it might've got here that quickly.

It wasn't a false flag in the book. However Verhooven didn't read the book. He read a few pages, decided it was fascistic and ran off to make his antifa movie.

Bug Plasma.

There was a shitty thread on reddit the other day in which a number of said "intellectuals" insisted that Starship Troopers was a "dystopia". Which of course, it wasn't.

Nothing is worse than intellectual fags all agreeing with one another.

Can't we just all come together and blame Mormon extremists?

>Carmen's ship set on sub-optimal course to avoid meteor, in case earth is warned early. Carmen corrects it unknowingly, causing her ship to cross the meteor's path.
>When the meteor collides it is going sub-light speed.
>How the fuck would bugs plot a trajectory across an entire galaxy, across thousands of years, past all the other sources of gravity directly into a major population center that wouldn't have existed when the meteor should have been launched.
>Educational system revolves around a doctrine that states military force is the only way to affect progress.

Government lied. Best girl died. Buenos Aires was an inside job.

it's currently fashionable among particuular crowds to label anything fascist and rage against it in an impotent attempt at criticizing an elected government

The best thing about any Starship Troopers thread is watching the average Burger failing to grasp that it's satire.

>antifa movie.

profa movie FTFY

If you ask any rank and file American liberal today they'd tell you they dont believe in borders.

Well, neither did the Nazis in 1939.

>>When in reality the big bad "fascism" is what allowed the humans to prevail against a hostile alien force that STARTED the war by vaporizing 10 million humans with a single meteor

You do know that Buenes Aires was a false flag, right? Bug Shot can't cross a whole galaxy. And how exactly was a giant wad of snot, rock, and plasma supposed to go un-detected as it entered the milky way and earths space zone?

He did read the book, actually. The films development was all fucked up. it wasn't even originally a star ship troopers movie, they just slapped that shit on there. The original script was the one Verhooven thought was pro-fascist. So when Verhooven got handed the project and saddled with the SST license, he went full satire to fuck with the studio.

>currently fashionable

Nigga this film was made in the 90s

>humans won against an overwhelming foe
>HAHA DUMB AMERICANS CAN'T YOU SEE THIS IS BAD? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LOSE WARS

Yurops everyone

the absolute state of cuckchan

We have to be more accepting of Bugs and Bug culture.
Meteor attacks are part and parcel of living in the Milky Way.

>In Starship Troopers film universe and Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles, Plasma Bugs, as its name suggest, are able to discharge plasma that powerful enough to deflect asteroids and slice right through many large starships.

You seem to be underselling this "wad of snot"

that doesn't change it's speed, which is slow as dogshit on a cosmic scale

Has any other form of satire backfired as spectacularly as this movie?
It was way too subtle.

>Anti-Fascist
False flag blamed on the bugs (arguable, and never outright stated, bugs might have had some asteroid teleportation scifi handwaving technology)
>Pro-Fascist
The entire rest of the movie.

Besides, false flags aren't really the method of choice for fascist regimes. Fascism is pretty honest about its reasons for war (which is why it is so easily demonized compared to liberal democracy which has an ulterior motive for every military action).

part and parcel

What if it has warp properties? It's fucking magic bug energy.

Wasn't the only meteor, too. They wanted humans dead for getting too close for their bug planets.

Case in point.
Go clap and wave a flag somewhere.

>fascists don't do false flags

Lol, seriously can't tell if this is bait

Buenos aires was an inside job

Is this essential redditcore?

>humans need FTL travel to get to bug planet
>bugs used a low tech organic catapult to send an asteroid into Buenos Aires

hmm...

Dude:
You are getting way too autistic about this.

No proof.

Made me laugh

>even in the books.
The book is different.

What part of warp do you not understand? Do you need a visual aid you brainlet?

It was, in the film

>no evidence in the movie
>no evidence in the books

>IT'S A FALSE FLAG BECAUSE GEORGE BUSH

There is NOTHING in the movie to suggest it is a "false flag"

It's not like any of the science is particularly accurate in the movie, there is no major focus on realism, so something odd like firing an asteroid across the galaxy is perfectly acceptable in the context of the movie.

>he thinks the Bugs did Buenos Aires!

We see the meteor in flight dumbass, and we see the plasma in flight. We also see the plasma interact with orbiting objects. The bugs can't attack earth. Didn't the ridiculous propaganda videos clue you in that it wasn't a moral government?

Except the movie makes it clear that it's a false flag.

No, not really.
>inb4 Reichstag fire
>inb4 Gleiwitz incident

This. Did you also see that great thread about BLACKED on /r/cuckold fellow redditor XD?

I know, right? Military propaganda = automatically evil

If the bugs were actually guilty of the meteor attack then the UN would have meetings with the brainbugs to discuss reparations and possible immigration reform

>Operation Gladio

I haven't watched it in years, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn they unintentionally made a pro fast movie, Hollywood is fucking dumb. I do remember some line in there saying something like the social sciences is what caused the world to even reformed into the order it's in in the movie. So basically niggers

Reminds me of true blood. It's very clearly suppose to mock and satire white rural America for being racist, homophobic bla bla bla, but they used literal monsters to do it lol. Either they are secretly redpilled or just fucking dumb

You are what this movie is making fun of.

Why is Sup Forums constantly butthurt about everything? You can tell OP is really sore about people calling Starship Troopers satire and he won't stop shitposting until he has perceived that he's browbeaten any opposing opinions out of peopke

that whole movie was a propaganda itself. it was a parody of a parody.

Meteor attacks are Part and Parcel of living in a multispecies galaxy

I know plenty of right wing people who understand Starship Troopers.

OP's problem is autism.

Post proof it was a false flag

Right now

Not a false flag.
An American CIA (liberal democracy) operation to use Fascists to fight Communists in the event of an invasion.

Is this bait? It's bait right?
>"intellectuals"
You mean the people who made the movie?
'cause the movie is literally about the dangers of fascism. Like... not an analysis. It's literally the description of the movie.

"Starship Troopers, my movie, was a false flag."
- John Carpenter

Right but as I talked about here it's believable they unintentionally made a pro facism movie bc they are dumb

Look at this poor bug and say to my face that it wants to hurt humans.

Human supremacy is a disease that must be WIPED OUT. WITH METEORS.

>Sympathising with another planet full of mutant bugs for your political agenda
Open all interstellar borders NOW they don't kill humans thats just fascist agendas!

>"I stopped after two chapters because it was so boring," says Verhoeven of his attempts to read Heinlein's opus. "It is really quite a bad book. I asked Ed Neumeier to tell me the story because I just couldn't read the thing. It's a very right-wing book. And with the movie we tried, and I think at least partially succeeded, in commenting on that at the same time. It would be eat your cake and have it. All the way through we were fighting with the fascism, the ultra-militarism. All the way through I wanted the audience to be asking, 'Are these people crazy?'"

To be fair the book is really bad

>I stopped after two chapters because it was so boring,
So having the attention span of a gnat equals the book being bad, such is jewwood.

>It is debatable by fans whether the Arachnids were even responsible for the attack on Buenos Aires, given that the bug meteor is asserted to have been launched from Klendathu, on the other side of the galaxy and therefore tens of thousands of light-years away (especially considering that the asteroids where shown moving slower then light and where allegedly able to cross 80,000 light years without hitting anything or being pulled off course, yet still hit Earth with pinpoint accuracy) this, combined with the informative nature of the film narrative as a recruitment advert, can be interpreted as a commentary on the propagandistic nature of contemporary media and its role often as a willing accomplice to militarism. However, given that in one scene the Rodger Young is shown to be on a collision course with one of these asteroids, and that they are able to take evasive action after Carmen and Zander sight the asteroid visually would seem to suggest that the simpler explanation is that Director Paul Verhoeven just ignored the physics of the situation for cinematic effect or simply because that is what the plot required.

"intellectuals" looking too deep into a movie, who would've thought

It's a movie with a message that backfired, like most anti-fascism movies.
Fun movie though.

The galaxy is rightful human clay. Xenos and xeno-sympathisers get fucked.

The point is that the director attempted to make a movie to "btfo" the Right but everyone ended up loving it much to the director's horror.

I've read the entire book. It was dogshit. Heinlein used the entire text to try and convince people that the only "true" lifestyle was the one he had lead. His other work heavily features incest and pedophilia, so maybe he was advocating that as well.

>everyone ended up loving it

No they didn't, it got panned.

The majority of Sup Forums likes it

It's a great movie, but "everyone" is a big term - critics and audiences in the 90s really didn't take to it.

fart and farcel

Critics accused it of being effective right wing propaganda. Washington Post called the director a neo-nazi.

The RLM-review described the anti-fascist elements quite accurately:

> Every citizen older than age 25 suffers from PTSD and is missing an arm or a leg, see the "Service made me the man I am today"-comment
> The individual protagonists, young and full of life and hope at the start of the movie, finish it as soulless drones, any sense of personality having been replaced by violent instincts.
> The solution to the bug crisis is reach when the bugs are shown to be full of fear. Apparently, the only way an enemy can be neutralized is through total annihilation. Co-existence is never even considered.

The reason it works so well as a satire, and is enjoyed by people with both pro, and anti-fascist sympathies is that the film both shows the inherent strengths of the fascist system as well as why it is ultimately unsustainable: A system like that might defeat an enemy like the bugs, but once you have defeated them, what then? All you are left with is an overly militaristic society with a needlessly strict hierarchy that serves no purpose in peacetime.

its a cult classic

The vast majority of film critics are absolute fucking morons.

so many brainlet fatschists in this thread

It's literally just OP spamming the thread.

I think you've got that wrong. They made a subtle anti-fascist movie which you failed to get because YOU are dumb. There's a slight difference.

>but once you have defeated them, what then?
You're alive instead of dead. We already know from the movie that the bugs and humans were having territorial disputes. Even zegima beach gets attacked. (this means the bugs have access to FTL travel, by the way)
The war was going to happen no matter what, but trying to make peace with the bugs was impossible (the mormons serve as the example).
The only way to beat a galactic threat like the bugs was this type of society, when you have survival on the line, does "what happens afterwards" even matter?
Do you care about what scars you're gonna end up with in the middle of a knife fight with someone?

Fascism saved humanity, though.

If the humans in ST were anti-fascists they would have all died from meteors because self defense is fascism.

>> Every citizen older than age 25 suffers from PTSD and is missing an arm or a leg, see the "Service made me the man I am today"-comment
All of them? Doesn't seems to matter too much with advanced prosthetics.
>> The individual protagonists, young and full of life and hope at the start of the movie, finish it as soulless drones, any sense of personality having been replaced by violent instincts.
What?
The movie ends with a happy reunion of the friends ( minus best girl ).
>> The solution to the bug crisis is reach when the bugs are shown to be full of fear. Apparently, the only way an enemy can be neutralized is through total annihilation. Co-existence is never even considered.
Coexisting with bugs? What in the actual fuck? They made no attempt to communicate or coexist with the Mormons.

"ARE THESE PEOPLE CRAZY? BUGS ARE PEOPLE TOO! HELL BUGS ARE BETTER THAN PEOPLE! FUCK PEOPLE!"

Verhoeven is an such an immense liberal he thought people would support the bugs against "human colonialism"

Fascists have the highest IQ.

ARE YOU A BUGPHOBE?

That society only kept order through constant war, they generated war in order to maintain the status quo. The bugs were only confirmed to have colonized a few planets. Buenos Ares was an inside job, the Mormons were attacked after attempting to colonize a bug planet and it's never confirmed where the beach is. Maybe it's in bug space, maybe it was false flagged as well.

I was able to get through most of the book, but the second to last chapter is so long and boring that I couldn't finish.

Me?
No I support open borders for the federation of course.

The bugs never went the asteroid. They use the bugs as a never ending enemy. Gotta feed the Federation machine.

>everything I don't like is a false flag

You didn't miss anything. He carries on doing math homework, gets an important lecture from some officer then there's a tiny segment of text about Rico falling into a bug hole and missing most of the battle. What a load of bollocks.