I see a ton of people who are nostalgic for EARLY 2000s movies. However...

I see a ton of people who are nostalgic for EARLY 2000s movies. However, I don't really see anyone nostalgic for LATE 2000s movie. Why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because late 00s movies are ironic and not comfy.

Nostalgia gets stronger the farther you look back

Not as much nostalgia for a massive economic collapse idk

Party rockers in the hou
se tonight

The late 2000s are too close to today. Like, everything from 2008-now feels like one cohesive HD social media era. Other than Brexit and Trump, 2017 barely feels different from 2011.

Because in the early 2000's and previous years people talked and behaved like people and not some meme spouting spergs with cheesy 1-liners.

Also everything is too sugar coated due to our social structure being reformed by trying to include as many blacks and women in roles that would "work" by todays standards but would be illogical and silly 20 years ago leading to less-than-inspiring writing and directing.

We need another world war so people can look back to their roots and realize that we've never been farther from reality in TV and film even though thats what their striving to accomplish with the results being in reverse.

Compare any war movie like Apocalypse Now or Full Metal Jacket to todays films like Fury or Hacksaw Ridge. Their essentially the same thing, but the direction and writing has never been further apart. Clip attached is an example of writing that would never fly by todays standards even though its closer to reality than what hollywood shovels down our throats.

youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

I see nostalgia for Wall.E and Up, Dark Knight ect.

Facebook and social media ruined movies. Instead of movies being things you went to see, they became things you lived online.

This has effected the way people perceive cinema, and so we can't reminisce about movies post 2007ish the same way as it's not a compartmentalised part of our lives anymore.

Where?

I feel like the only late 2000s movies that some people get nostalgic for are either the ones that are intended to, which have nostalgia/melancholy as a main theme (like 500 days of summer) or the super remarkable, "event" movies like inception.

Peter.....

Because Chantards refuse to admit that James Cameron's Avatar literally defined a generation. It's the only late 2000's movie that truly changed the landscape of cinema forever. But no, keep making your funny countdown to Avatar 2 threads. Hilarious.

The countdown to avatar 2 treads are made by fans

This is what butthurt haters actually believe.

Based countdown to avatar 2 thread defender

Late 2000s having a writers strike probably hurt

Because Michael Bay set a terrible standard for film making that everyone tried to copy with the original Transformers.

>Bay set a great standard for filmmaking with Armageddon that he copied poorly with Transformers, which everyone ended up trying to copy
FTFY

shut the fuck up james, your movie was boring get over it

Because it's not 2090 yet.