Unpopular Opinions/Coping Thread

A thread for you to express your opinion to anything Sup Forums related.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kino_(movement)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I honestly liked Avengers Arena.

As a DC fan, I hate Batman.

aquaman is literally the best superhero

SU is neither shit nor great. It's just okay 6/10.

I don't hate Batman by any means but I do hate his fanbase of casuals and the fact that WB does almost nothing but exploit Batman instead of trying to promote the countless other properties they have that could make good cartoons, movies, or even video games.

The only truly, transcendantly good bit of the entire Avatar saga is Book 2: Earth. Book 1 and Book 3 of ATLA are both, to some degree, disappointments, Book 1 moreso at the beginning and Book 3 definitely at the end. Book 2 is the only one that's truly amazing. And of course Korra never even reaches that level.

I hate how Adventure Time shat on Finn, but the Islands series was great.

Book 2 had some major issues though, especially during the Ba Sing Se arc.

Really, the whole show did, but the OVERALL writing quality was high enough that it was fine for the most part.

Most of the MCU is pretty fucking solid when you get right down to it.

People who think writers should keep politics out of their work are philistines.

Dick Grayson's post-Robin career has been an almost complete non-starter.

The Nu52 was pretty good on the whole.

GJ's best days might be behind him, but I don't think he's that bad right now. Darkseid War kinda sucked, but I liked his post-FE Justice League up until then.

The Lego Batman Movie was a cash in, and not even a good one like the first Lego movie.

Steven Universe is fucking amazing and deserves more recognition some of the things its done

Star Vs has far better voice acting than I expected.

bump

I loved the last episodes of Gravity Falls.

I want both the DCEU and the MCU to be the absolute best they can be, and root for both companies.

all the hate it gets is incredibly unwarranted.
one of the few animated shows where I actually enjoy the music and singing.

musicals I don't like includes disney movies and such.

There's nothing wrong with having a diverse cast in comics, it's how they go about doing it is the problem.

Filling comics with a diverse cast accomplishes nothing if you don't actually hire minorities to write them (unless the non-minority guy writing it has done a fuckton of research).
I.e. compare New Superman and Ironheart. One's a really fun, interesting take on China, Chinese identity and superheroics, the other is Bendis wanking for twenty pages because he's filled today's diversity quota.

I used to agree with this entirely

But the current season has been incredibly sloppy on a lot of levels

But AT redeemed itself for me so I'm still willing to give SU another chance

I liked BvS more than any MCU movie so far and I honestly don't understand why people say it's a trainwreck - my only complain is the godawful Lex.

Pretty sure that's the majority opinion. I still thought Books 1 and 3 were good, but Book 2 was far and beyond the best.

I would've loved loved loved to have seen Tim Seeley's Blade book but I do respect him a little more after reading why he decided not to write the book.

As a black woman I do think that he would've written a really good book after reading Revival and Effigy. However I do think that it was cool of him to step aside and say that maybe a new up and coming writer, especially a black female one, may have a better perspective on new Blade.

Hawaiian pizza is the best pizza.

I think Adventure Time has been consistently great throughout its entire run. Everything Flame Princess kinda sucked though.

I'm baffled that anyone over 18 reads Marvel and/or DC.
People who say "Comics have always been political!" are autists incapable of recognizing that the issue is the blunt, stupid way they present their politics lately.
Sup Forums does not "invade" Sup Forums. The threads that get called Sup Forums are just posts from people who aren't Tumblr 90% of the time.

regular show was awful

I don't understand the hype behind Samurai Jack's revival. The show isn't bad, or great, it was always seemed pretty decent to me. Its the kind of show you'd binge watch during a rainy day or something.

bump

Same. It's really a shame how, when the hate for the show was at its height, the show was pumping out some genuinely good episodes. Now we're stuck defending a show that's growing more mediocre by the week and surrounded by smug "I told you so!"s.

I hate people who hate "capeshit" comics. I get that you don't like something. Fine, whatever, but whenever these hipster faggots open their goddamned mouth, they preach endlessly about their precious indie label and their tiny, limited release runs that no one ever fucking heard about. Like, fuck! You like what you like, I like what I like, and you can stop pushing your opinions on me and go suck a cock.

I also hate lcs employees who have no idea what I'm talking about. It's like these fucks don't know anything if it's older than 5 years old. I was in a lcs a couple weeks ago looking for the handful of Young Justice issues I'm missing, and when I ask the guy behind the counter, he just looks at me like I'm blue. If you work at a comic store, you don't have to know everything, but at least be knowledgeable enough to recognize names. Or say, "I'm not familiar with that, let me look that up" abd fucking Google that shit.

I like webcomics.

Ponies should be allowed

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear is overrated.
I mean, it has Daredevil throwing a naked tied up man in the snow just for bullying Foggy. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. Miller clearly wrote it during the era where he stopped taking his medication. Plus he re-used one of the scenes from his run. And Romita's art sucks at times.

I like the character of Miles Morales because I'm black and I like the representation.

Bendis is still a fucking hack and I'm waiting for the day when he's able to be permanently written by someone else.

I would argue that most of modern Marvel's IDEAS- Moon Girl, Champions, etc.- are great. It's the EXECUTION that's lacking.

This.

I agree, and I'm not even a ponyfag. They can have their one general and occasionally another thread to discuss something specific or whatever. Every other show gets that, but somehow ponies trigger everyone so fucking hard.

I talk about ponies on Sup Forums as much as possible because they are all barneyfags, their autism of hating it is much worse than fans

On that note, I hate capeshit. I like my stories to have a concrete beginning, middle and end. The "endless canon" of capeshit is the root of all its current problems, and I find how often individual, non-big name characters are little more than tools to move the plot along or, worse, to push a company agenda to be deplorable.

And the worse part is, nobody who actively reads capeshit seems to wholeheartedly enjoy it anymore, but they rarely seem to dare to branch out. People just cling to their favorite characters like some sort of idols, when in reality their personalities are malleable enough for them to be a dozen different people. Why read about a character whose personality only goes as far as whoever is writing him wishes, whose history can be ruined forever by a single bad run when you can read multiple, shorter stories featuring more consistent and involved characters?

Kilgrave is one of the worst villains I had the displeasure of seeing and I don't get where the universal praise comes from.
He's not entertaining, interesting, menacing, creepy, memorable, charismatic or intelligent.
There was no subtlety (like to anything in that shit show, to be fair) to his evil, he was pretty much a cartoon character.
He was hard to take seriously and every time he talked about his boner for Jessica, all I wanted to do is rip out my ears to not hear that cringe.

Much of the backlash over capeshit is less about the fans and the actual content and more over it's sheer domination of the industry

I feel like Sup Forums isn't Sup Forums enough.

I wish the word "kino" was a bannable offense on this board.
I wish that anyone who uses it, even ironically, got a permaban or a rangeban.
Same goes for "perfect x don't exi--", "what did he mean by this" and other crossboarder garbage.

>inb4 (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I don't even know what kino means.

As much as people like to retroactively complain about Rebecca Sugar in AT, she made Flame Princess interesting and enjoyable during her run a a writer. I have a feeling that if she stayed on board, Finn and FP wouldn't have broken up. The breakup was just the other writer's way to attempt to add the "drama" that Sugar wrote so well, while completely missing the point of the relationship in the first place.

Same. And Undercover. Pity everything Hopeless did after it sucked.

As much as I loved Sugar's work on adventure time, I have to disagree. Flame Princess was never that dynamic as a character, and I hated the drama that she brought to the show. Her relationship with Finn was pretty boring to me honestly. It felt forced and unnecessary, and looking back, I'm glad they ended it when they did.

Non-capeshit greatly outsells capeshit by massive margins if one bothers to look at anything beyond direct market sales. It doesn't really dominate the industry anymore. It's just for some reason people allow it to suck all the oxygen out of the conversation when it comes to comics. It doesn't really dominate movies or tv either. There's more shows and movies of almost any other genre you can think of and people still act like too much capeshit is being made. And once again it's because it sucks all the oxygen out of any conversation that has to do with film or television.

TL;DR: The overblown perception of capeshit's presence is what causes the backlash against capeshit. Not the fans, content or the amount.

>There was no subtlety (like to anything in that shit show, to be fair) to his evil
Then show us all a villain with true subtlety.

I can respect that. I guess my issue is that FP only got about five episodes before the breakup, and about five episodes during/after the breakup. I don't feel as though she was given enough time to really come into her own as a character, and now half of her screentime is during/post breakup. Granted, I have no issue with the fact that there was a breakup, nor do I have any issue with relationships in media on a base level. But what I do care about is good writing, which I feel is distinctly lacking in the second half of what we've seen of FP.

What's so funny about truth justice and the american way? is literal garbage that makes MOS look deep and philosophical.

Read and watch anything but capeshit and you'll find a few who don't have a metaphorical "get it, he's EVIL" sign over their head every time they do or say something as if the viewer is braindead.

Okay, how about a real example instead of using the word "capeshit" unironically?

I feel like the only person here who thinks Star Vs is unbearably hideous

Because Barney's a shit show, of course we hate what isn't good.

Fine. Vic Mackey. He may have done evil acts, but he's morally ambigious enough to not seem like a fucking cartoon character.
Satisfied?
>inb4 protagonists can't be villains

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kino_(movement)

It's a movement about short indie films with little budget, and since indie=high art for snobs Sup Forums took it as a meme to mean 'art' movies are kino, and as memes do, it was distorted enough to kino=good and they call now high budgeted bloackbusters kino. '''''''ironically'''''''' of course.

>Sup Forums does not "invade" Sup Forums. The threads that get called Sup Forums are just posts from people who aren't Tumblr 90% of the time.
I agree with this, but I agree with the inverse too.
Posts that get called "tumblr" 90% of the time are just posts from people who aren't Sup Forumsfags.

Orlando is a competent writer, but he's not a good writer. He has exactly three voices for his characters: Midnighter, not Midnighter, and evil guy.

Samurai Jack was better than Sym Bionic Titan.

Captain Marvel & Spider-Woman would be better as a married couple.

That's a very fair argument. I'd say the only ones handled decently ware Kamala and Robbie. I wish I could like Moon Girl. Champions is trash and I feel bad for even holding out a bit of hope after reading the previews.

Swans sucked ever since Soundtracks for the Blind.

I find the main plot and action scenes of steven universe to be awful, but the slice of life episodes are great.

to be honest i actually like Teen Titans Go

Regular show should have ended with Mordecai and Rigby no longer being friends.

The show or Star herself?

I don't like Tara Strong as Raven.

What did he mean by this?

I think Steven universe should have it's own board.

The show, Star looks decent in fanart

The only comics-based movies I like are Road to Perdition, Sin City and A History of Violence.
I like some cape comics, but never movies based on them.

That is exactly what I meant, thanks. If Batman didn't have such of a monopoly in DC I'd have a positive perception on him.

I hate when people say that cow and chicken was the best show ever made and was pinnacle of american animation.

said no one ever user?

Arkham Asylum game was a good standalone story and never required any continuation.
Everything after was the same shit with slight improvements (or serious hindrances, like Batmobile shit in Knight) and shitty plots.

this board is filled with feminists and meminists

and not the trolling ironic kind

the real kind.

Sup Forums is a cache of wealth and class compare to this cesspool

Scar did nothing wrong and as the black maned Lion (and I think older brother), it was his birthright to rule that pride.

Steven Universe was the most meh/10 cartoon I've ever seen. I am so fucking bored everytime I watch this show, it's almost like watching Soccer.

Fox will give the X-men and Fantastic Four movie licenses back to Marvel eventually

>we hate what isn't good.
[CITATION NEEDED]

ah yes, because one-sided "discussion" is so fun

People are awfully quick to shoot down new stuff as author OCs taking the light from the real characters.

Lots of Sup Forums doesn't remember or never read stuff older than 2000.

BvS was an enormous waste.

I didn't like MoS due to everything Kryptonian except for Supes. If it was going to be a character movie, they should have let it be a character movie. Clark just meandered around, conveniently getting work at a black site dig and was told what to do most of the movie.

oh please, continue to prove my point frog(wo)man

I hate the fact that people storytime new comics on Wednesday especially if they don't post a link to the comic in the thread.

I hate that people here read comics to see what will get them riled up about sjws and other political bullshit.

I hate that people cared more about posting their "obscure waifus" than whether or not a show it good or even decent enough to watch.

Inside Out sucked hairy ass.

This. People overreacting to it and it getting its own board set a precedent where people think they can just shove away stuff they don't like despite it literally belonging on the board it's posted on. It creates a dual end problem where we end up with fans of the show spamming material in retaliation and their fan base getting hyper developed in a direction that's not where our board culture is and potentially mutated into something horrific (e.g. the transformation of tlh and su fandoms after being sent to /trash/ and the literal creation of bronies after making /mlp/), and we have a bunch of people thinking they can just smash the report button, spam, and derail legitimate discussions just because they don't like the other show.

Now everything is all super contained in generals instead of us just discussing comics and cartoons openly across the board like we used to back in the old days. It's turbo autism and it only creates radicals in the persecuted fandom. We are lucky SU didn't go full brony mode during their hiatus/ban when they were stuck in /trash/ by themselves.

Same. Aubrey Plaza would be better, although with maybe a little less bitchyness.

>meminists
Meme rights now!

Steven Universe S1 and the current season are awful.

S2 and S3 were very good.

Steven Universe sucks shit and the only people posting it here are either hired CN shills, women, spics, or homos.

>unironically using that as an insult
kek

The Sentry can be a great character in the hands of a proper writer.

I thought BvS was one of the best capeshit movies made in the last couple of years, and I liked Eisenberg's Luthor.

The only time I preach to capefags is when they are loudly whining about something that's inherent to the big 2's publishing model.
I read both big 2 capes and indie/euro

Sentry was fantastic under Jenkins with the exception of that shitty Fallen Sun story, but that's probably Jenkins being a bitter cunt and pulling a "fuck you". His downfall as a character was getting in the hands of Bendis.

SU is good, but takes too long to become interesting.

Star vs was good from the first episode.

AT never stopped being good.

Allow the horse show, ban live action.

Korra isn't that bad.

I haven't read QC in close to a decade and what I see of it now on here horrifies me.

Sup Forums is basically the only board worth visiting these days.

I really enjoy Gwenpool. I think it's very good for what it is. And not just because waifus, it'd be cute even if the lead were Mega Tony with Gwen's attitude.

It's pretty ironic the praise it gets here when it's the typical example of a writer who cared more about the message/commentary he was giving than about telling a good story.
I guess it helps that it's a meta message about comics rather than politics.

Sup Forums and crossboarders shoud be banned.

I agree with this a lot, actually. And it'll probably be to my benefit, since my expectations aren't clouded by crazy hype.

Didn't /vp/ technically set the precedent on that?

The hype is part nostalgia and part just wanting some closure.

I've had friends and known small youtubers who have said that.