Just got to watching this and

Just got to watching this and
>30 fucking minutes on the island
>one speaking character they meet on the journey that gets 5 minutes of screentime
>character development and training done through short montage

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kinda hard to believe this was supposed to be Disney's Big One eh? Even SING! is poised to surpass it.

last fart if the revival era. Of course it was going to be mediocre, expect Disney to not try anymore for the next 15 years.
They have bought enough IPs they can sit down and count money.

I thought it was okay. It felt kinda disjointed though. It didn't make money internationally because most Asian countries don't like brown/black people.

My problem was that it was just "okay", whereas the previous 4 Disney movies have been great.

>Why is this allowed?

Because of a directionless director.

Sleeping on robin hood tw-err zootopia was a mistake

It was worse than BH6 and Frozen imo

What, you mean like, "Be A Man"?

Or that Hercules sequence?

Those are suddenly an issue now?

>>character development and training done through short montage

Which Disney movie hasn't?

The movie honestly should have been about Maui like they originally planned. Actually seeing his backstory and exploits animated would have made a much more entertaining movie.

The deep ocean level is clearly Kingdom Hearts bait. They even put enemies there

You don't believe in this b-movie meme, don't you?

Zootopia is a franchise starter, you don't hire 150 people to make a "side" project. Sure they had some hiccups along the way(youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI) tbur they planned to make a box office hit and they did.
It might not be as big as Frozen but that's because there's more women than furries.

>niggers

Why is this allowed?

Gorgeous animation.....yet such a boring story. I was really mad by the end of the film

It's a beat-for-beat retread of Little Mermaid with Ursula removed and no memorable music outside of Shiny, which has no place in this film's music style and essentially belongs in a different movie.

It's not terrible, but with how formally inventive and fun Disney got with Frozen and Tangled this was a major step backwards. Being 10% more self-aware then a standard Disney movie doesn't somehow shake the cobwebs off the formula.

>beat-for-beat retread of Little Mermaid
I don't see it.

The most hype are probably the coconut guys with their absolutely rad ship.
It looked like a nightmare to animate all those details but they were only on screen for 5 minutes at best.

>The most hype are probably the coconut guys with their absolutely rad ship.

My issues with the movie aside, I can't hate any movie that has Fury Road coconut people.

I agree with this but I still loved the movie

You're Welcome and We Know The Way were both better than Shiny

>no memorable music outside of Shiny
How Far I'll Go was Let It Go tier.

YOU ARE WELCOME MOTHERFUCKERS

polynesians, that's different!

>elsa gets a figma and nendo
>rapunzel getting a nendo

Please, I want one of my brownfu

I got massive blue balls when we never got to see any of the villains die. The whole point of fairy tales is seeing the villain get fucked up at the end

but then we would not get a subversive girl power movie

Please, these songs aren't SHINY at all

>It's a beat-for-beat retread of Little Mermaid with Ursula removed and no memorable music outside of Shiny
Wow, so you didn't see it then.

They're just going to move on to the same thing in different venues.

They're not done. Not by a long shot.

>Doctor Doom gets a daughter
Is it 2008 again? Will Spiderman start dating a demon?

creativity is dead

Have you ever watched a movie before?

I'm at sides anyone with a brain can easily infer that this movie was basically just Disney trying to test their chops with water and hair animation.

So I watched this with 5 or 6 friends last week, all of them hated Shiny, should I just stop talking to them? I really feel it's the only way.

I liked it for the most part, think it was one of their most visually stunning movies to date and I liked Moana as a character. I think adding another character to travel with her would have been better, maybe her grandmother, but it wasn't a really big boat, so eh. Maybe a sea monster.

I'd put it way above Frozen but below Tangled.

>Not liking You're Welcome

moana, maui
mini-maui, chicken. that's 4 characters onscreen.

Does the ocean count? I think the ocean should count.

somehow i skipped it. man, that's 5 characters.

I don't see the hard-on for Shiny. It was marginally fun, but that's about it; and You're Welcome was MORE fun. Shiny's got virtually no musical qualities and I'd even put the vocals of You're Welcome as more interesting. Not that you can't like it- I did- but I'd think people would see it more as an indulgent enjoyment than a legitimately good song.

Certainly not something people will jump to in 10 years when they think of "best Disney Villain songs." I mean if Friends on the Other Side fell off as much as it did, I can only imagine how much "saying Shiny over and over" will fall.

I guess what Shiny really had going for it is it came out of nowhere in the middle of an extremely tedious arc of a boring movie.

they really should keep these two deleted scenes with the bat and and the warrior face song.

>Hating character development and training done through short montage
I was gonna point to Milan,
But really I can't think of a single movie that didn't make training a montage. Hell Kung Fu Panda training was mostly montage, and them training a panda was the plot of the movie.

I wish they would've shown more monsters and gods and shit like that. It's one of the reasons I like Hercules.

i think they were burned off after the Zootopia mess.

>Movie was all about showing off the culture and accuracy more than telling the story
>We get 30 minutes of seeing polynesial life on an island and are educated on their day to day
>we get a montage of sailing and going on the actual journey