The Aether

>Infinity War happens and earth has survived but in ruins
>Infinity gems are once again scattered in different planets
>The Aether remains on earth
>The aether crash lands into an alley and latches on to the nearest host with the weakest mind
>the Reality gem latches on to Robert Reynolds
>The reality Gem allows him to become the Sentry
>The reality Gem also manifested his Doubts, fears, insecurities into the Void

I would rather the Infinity Gems be destroyed at the end of Infinity Wars. The MCU needs to desperately move away from them.

how would it get destroyed though?

pretty sure you can use the gems to unmake the gems

>I would rather the Infinity Gems be destroyed at the end of Infinity War

I doubt that'd happen.

>pretty sure you can use the gems to unmake the gems

The only way, as far as I can tell, to use all stones simultaneously is with the Gauntlet. And that will probably be destroyed through defeating Thanos. Beyond that, I don't think even Odin could use more than one Stone at a time.

>I don't think even Odin could use more than one Stone at a time.
can't you have a group of people with one stone each all cooperate on the one task?

I doubt it.

You need the power stone to power up the other 5 gems and it is shown that the power stone cannot be fully harnessed even by a Celestial

I'd prefer them separated amongst the Illuminati.

My theory is that, not Heimdall, not Hela, not Mjolnir, but rather all of them along with Odin and the Odin force, it's really weird that all Asgardians are shown to be normal people but much more stronger, then theres Odin whos godlike powers is still unexplained, why does he have this powers? why didnt his father before him had it?

I think Odin has the soul gem within him, every instance of his powers we're shown with an orange light, and its very possible that he enhanced Heimdall resulting in Heimdall's orange eyes, also Odin may have been able to demonstrate similar properties with the gem

>Odin enchanted Mjolnir, a hammer that can look inside people's souls
>Odin PROBABLY imbued Heimdall with his powers, allowing Heimdall to see a trillion souls

As we have seen from Gotg, only a Celestial could harness a gem's power on its own, and that it takes a group of people to harness it for a short period of time, and even by then it reduced the group to ashes, so it would kind of make sense for Odin to divide the gem into smaller pieces or something, specifically;

Heimdall
>Heimdall is an Asgardian with the ability to see 10 trillion souls (he himself stated)
>Has orange eyes similar to the Soul Gem

"You have great power, Heimdall. Did Odin ever fear you?"
"No."
"And why is that?"
"Because he is my King. And I’m sworn to obey him."

Mjolnir
>Can probably look into people's souls and deem them unworthy and worthy

Odin
>has the Odinforce which also glows orange
>enchanted Mjolnir to have its properties
>is the all father (he himself said that they and particularly him, are not Gods, so where is all this power coming from?)
>Has a Halberd (H. get it? :^))

Hela
>is basically a soul manager tasked by Odin

So if this were the case, and Odin is now banished by Loki to Earth and is now mortal, Hela would come to collect all the pieces, starting with Heimdall (which results to him not having eyes), Mjolnir (which reults to Thor not having it in infinity war and Ragnarok), Odin (hopkins wants out of the role)

So Soul gem is inside Halberd or Hopkins

who will they use to replace Reed and Namor in the MCU Illuminati?

Is Namor too late to inroduce?

Well they cant give the gems to the illuminati anyways, its stupid to keep all 6 gems in the same planet

This.

Also, there probably aren't enough people around in the universe who can handle a Stone for all of them to be passed to.

>Odin whos godlike powers is still unexplained, why does he have this powers? why didnt his father before him had it?

Who says Bor didn't? As to why he has it over other Asgardians? Because he is king. He has access to better tech and rightfully ought to be better learned of the deep sciences of the cosmos.

>who will they use to replace Reed and Namor in the MCU Illuminati?

You're also forgetting Xavier and Blackbolt as Mutants and Inhumans don't exist in the MCU either.

>So Soul gem is inside Halberd or Hopkins

It's in neither. Odin won't tolerate more than one Infintiy Stone on Asgard. If he was willing to have two, he wouldn't have sent the Aether to Tevan because the Space Stone is in Odin's vault.

>Is Namor too late to inroduce?
I mean, legal issues aside, no. They should just say Atlantis is really well hidden, and maybe throw in that Wakanda has known all along but respected their privacy

addressing the legal issues, it's been twelve yeas since Water World so would Universal have lost the cinematic rights from not using them?

>It's in neither. Odin won't tolerate more than one Infintiy Stone on Asgard. If he was willing to have two, he wouldn't have sent the Aether to Tevan because the Space Stone is in Odin's vault.

Again with this, It was Loki who told them that, and theres no reason for Loki to know that they had another infinity stone in Asgard

Also, It wasn't about them having 2 infinity stone, but rather WHICH infinity stone it was, and in that case it was the Aether, which is arguably the strongest gem out of the 6, Loki knew that if Thanos were to get all 6, he'd come for the Soul gem first

There's at least two infinity gauntlets - the one in Asgard's archives and the one Thanos picks up at the end of AoU.

>Who says Bor didn't?

Because Bor never had it at all in any incarnation

>He has access to better tech and rightfully ought to be better learned of the deep sciences of the cosmos.

Where does the tech harness its powers from though? we have seen the same shit in FIrst Avenger

>Again with this, It was Loki who told them that

Not it wasn't. Loki was still in his cell when the Dark Elves attacked Asgard. Odin himself ordered his guards to place special focus on the vault because the Tesseract was in there.

but were talking about the Aether? You are right that the Asgardians knew that the tesseract was an infinity stone, but none of them knew that the Aether itself was a stone.

1) Odin left Jane (with the aether) to Friega
2) None of them knew what the aether was when they analyzed Jane except Odin

So it stands to reason that, only Odin and the ones close to him knew that the aether was a stone, which would also mean that any other stone that is POSSIBLY within Asgard, only Odin knows

but it was Loki (as Odin) who gave the infinity stone to sif and voltagg to be delivered to Tivan

>Where does the tech harness its powers from though?

A perfected LHC? The fire of a thousand suns harnessed in a box? Sleipnir on a giant hamster wheel cranking a turbine? I don't know. Something they made that generates power. Though I will give that what they use for power was likely made from researching an Infinity Stone like what Howard started and Tony finished.

Why are you people so bothered with Asgard, a planet full of superhumans and the most advanced tech and has fucking odin to have more than 2 two infinity stones?

When earth, a fucking planet who cant even space travel yet, has fucking 2

>Who says Bor didn't?

Come to think of it, He also probably did but didn't rely on using it at all.

Maybe Asgard in Bor's time were rightfully medieval, they were using spears, swords and their biological advantage for battle, so maybe Asgard didn't advanced technologically (relying more on guns) because Odin used an infinity stone to render their current weapon and combat system relevant by all means?

>Maybe Asgard in Bor's time were rightfully medieval, they were using spears, swords and their biological advantage for battle

They were using the exact same advanced weapons and armor the soldiers in Odin's time were using. Bor was even using Gungnir and used the Bifrost to arrive to combat the Dark Elves.

Were they less advanced than Odin's time? Possibly. But not by that much I'd suspect.

Forgot image. Bor with Gingnir

>They were using the exact same advanced weapons and armor the soldiers in Odin's time were using

No no, hear me out

Maybe the reason why Bor and Odin's time had the same weapon is because Odin found a way to make medieval weaponry relevant in his time instead of progressing to technological means, so they didn't need to 'evolve' to guns and nuclear weapon, its because Odin used Magic and used it smart

>Maybe the reason why Bor and Odin's time had the same weapon is because Odin found a way to make medieval weaponry relevant in his time instead of progressing to technological means

That doesn't make sense. Asgard is far more technologically advanced than humans. Even by Bor's time they were probably eons ahead of where we are now. Odin uses the same technologically advanced weapons because Asgard's either long hit their peak or they drew a line out of some kind of moral rationale so they'd not be a danger to the universe.

thats literally what I meant, they had 'magic' and has stopped progressing because they didn't have to

Well then I'd say you should replace Odin with Bor, or maybe even Bor's father or maybe even before that. I just don't get the impression that Asgard's current state is solely by Odin's hand. Both the super advanced science and tech we've seen were probably full in use by Asgard well before Odin came along.

Its my bad I guess, next thread user.

Though I find it weird that Only Odin calls it Odin force, when he gave it to Thor it was still called Odin force, but I maybe stretching it at this point

Bor has no father, which is stupid since MCU Asgardians are just meant to be aliens and not gods.

Jesus fucking christ, they shouldnt have made Thor 2 and all their "Were only advanced aliens not gods, theres no magic, just technology' shit

>Jesus fucking christ, they shouldnt have made Thor 2 and all their "Were only advanced aliens not gods, theres no magic, just technology' shit

But all that shit was in our face established in the first Thor movie. Thor 2 actually made them look less alien and more earthly. Asgard just didn't look as impressive as it did in the first movie.

Image related. Not the best example, but Asgard was more stunning in the first one.

still a stupid decision by Marvel, when Strange came out we get to see that Magic has existed all along, now we cant tell the two apart, as Loki also uses Magic, so it means Asgardians can also use magic

>when Strange came out we get to see that Magic has existed all along, now we cant tell the two apart, as Loki also uses Magic, so it means Asgardians can also use magic

Strange's powers don't contradict what's already been established in the MCU. Strange, Loki and Asgard operate on a deeper scientific understanding of the universe's workings.

Its going to be Adam warlock that will have the soul gem
But its not going to be a big deal and they won't promote it because its another blond white male hero and he is obvioulsy going to die

>The MCU needs to desperately move away from them.
Why?

>Dark Elves have shotguns

the fuck

> Avengers breaking into wakanda for who cares why
> Run into Namor sneaking in to rub Black Panthers toothbrushes with old fish