BvS Question

So here's my question to the resident Kino interpreters...
So we have this scene, with civilian mode Bruce Wayne, down on the street, getting a latte I'm not sure what, while Zod and Superman fuck up the city of Metropolis around him, in the final act of Man of Steel.

The problem is, Zod and crew showed up at least a day earlier and started a worldwide broadcast of threats to destroy the planet. Then, after conflicting with Superman, he decides "fuck it I'm leveling the surface, everyone will have to think smooth (or something like that, it never made sense) and starts gradually pounding the shit out of Metropolis through the planet's core, with his ship in the vicinity of Metropolis, which is across the harbor from Gotham.
Superman flies to the other side of planet, deals with robot, Army loads the baby shuttle on airplane with Lois, flies it over to Metropolis from whatever airbase they were at.

Where the fuck was Batman over the course of this day and a half (minimum)? Why, when the planet was under a widely reported death threat from aliens, was the guy with the most advanced known weapons down on the street dicking around? And if Gotham is right across the harbor, why didn't he summon his VTOL superjet and get involved in the fighting? He decided that, at the possible end of the world, the best thing to do was wander around in dust and rubble?

It was a stupid scene shot so they could advertise Wayne's car

He didn't care until they broke his building

It just makes no sense whatsoever for Bruce not to be in Batman mode, waiting for shit to go down, and to respond to the aliens advance. And to be lending whatever Waynecorp doomsday weapon (no pun intended) to the military to stave them off.
Faora was taken out by an old ass A-10 Warthog, the Bat Wing is an ultra advanced version of that.

You're either an idiot or a troll.

He's both. He used the same pic in other company war threads he started.

The best part of this scene are the Wayne employees still in the building while the city is being torn a new asshole just so Bruce can have a sad conversation with one of them.

>Well those aliens are fighting and there's a mass grave of corpses outside, but Mr Wayne really needs these TPS Reports filled out by the end of the day

>my question to the resident Kino interpreters
sorry, you want

What the duck is wrong with the question, shill?

>It was a stupid scene shot so they could advertise Wayne's car

literally this unfortunately

>The best part of this scene are the Wayne employees still in the building while the city is being torn a new asshole

That's what you are meant to do during disasters as long as you don't know what's going on.

>That's what you are meant to do during disasters as long as you don't know what's going on.

Except they leave as soon as Wayne calls and the guy decides that maybe the employees should ge the fuck out.

It's an incredibly poorly directed sequence of events. It seriously makes it look like this guy was still getting his work done for the day while aliens were blowing shit up fifty feet from him.

That whole thing intercut with Bruce Wayne tokyo drifting through 9/11 imagery because not even politically charged symbolism will stop Snyder from making Batman look like a badass regardless of context, that whole opening is fucking terrible.

>It's an incredibly poorly directed sequence of events.
I've seen you use this EXACT phrase when talking about other films that didn't merit it either.

Begone, troll.

>Where the fuck was Batman over the course of this day and a half (minimum)? Why, when the planet was under a widely reported death threat from aliens, was the guy with the most advanced known weapons down on the street dicking around? And if Gotham is right across the harbor, why didn't he summon his VTOL superjet and get involved in the fighting? He decided that, at the possible end of the world, the best thing to do was wander around in dust and rubble?

Where was Batman? Not there. And Gotham wasn't across a harbor. Not until Snyder needed to to be for conveniences sake, because he and Terrio couldn't come up with a better reason for Bruce and Clark to interact with one another than proximity. You're starting the realize that this entire universe has been conceptualized and planned with less thought than that a Chimpanzee needs to use a twig as a dining instrument.

Who cares about coming up with a plausible reason a crimefighter with an ego large enough to go on to think he needs to defend humanity from Superman wouldn't do the thing he does all the fucking time in the comics, and vanish off to jump into costume and fight bad guys who would have only been a harbor away from threatening HIS CITY? Look at this recreation of The Descent from the Cross! Isn't it so deep and complex? You just wanted a tableau classical art recreated with superheroes, right? You didn't want in-character reasoning, decision-making, depictions, or narratives that made sense. No no. Look at the pretty pictures.

It's the same reason someone who loves Dick Grayson saw yesterday's news that we're getting a Nightwing movie as bad.

>Not until Snyder needed to to be for conveniences sake, because he and Terrio couldn't come up with a better reason for Bruce and Clark to interact with one another than proximity

Another quality moment of unintentional hilarity. I almost choked on my drink when Eisenlex pointed across the fucking bay and I realised that Gotham and Metropolis were twin cities the whole time.

Was there a single prior establishing shot that indicated this before that point?

Are you insane or something? This is a weird method of damage control.

Not even him.

No John, you are the damage control.

Gotham and Metropolis ARE canonicaly next to each other (it's kind of stupid).

The real issue would be Lex's gooms kidnaping Martha all the way back from Kansas, to a few blocks away from where he tried to force Superman to fight.

Just so Batman can save her.

Can you imagine it? Kidnaping the mother of Superman and taking her to right next to him?

Because running out into the street to get hit by debris would be smart?

No. And don't misunderstand, there is precedent for it in the comics. The idea isn't necessarily a bad one. Personally I like it being something like an East Coast San Francisco/Oakland. The problem is, if you're going to go with a Batgod depiction, and a 20 year old veteran Batman would be Batgod, and resort to the degree of visceral destruction and weapon of expanding nature that they did in MoS, and put Metropolis only a harbor away from Gotham City, there is zero fucking chance Batman does not show up to contend against it. Even if you want to go with the speculative line of reasoning that Bruce didn't show up for reasons of believing he was the only superhero with the means to do anything because Zod had announced that Kal El was there, why in the fuck would Bruce have trusted an alien he knew nothing about to do the right thing, or show up to do a damn thing when the Black Zero placed itself above Metropolis?

There is a lot about BvS that makes me want to pull my hair out, and you are correct, running into the fray while debris is falling around you is not smart, but as someone who remembers seeing the clouds of smoke like that on 9/11, that imagery made me want to wrap Bruce Wayne in a red white and blue Bat costume. If Batman was supposed to be the villain of BvS which people said many times throughout production, than Snyder did a great job making this Superfag root for the bad guy about 5 minutes into the movie.

Batman doesn't operate during the day. Bruce was clearly hanging out in Metropolis in case shit went down.

They're near to each other but not twin cities across a water body.

>Master Bruce, I'm looking at footage of Metropolis. Do you need me to send the plane with the suit.
>No need Alfred.
>Do you have a spare on site?
>Yes, but I won't be using it.
>I take it you have a solution without needing your evening wear?
>Not in the slightest. I'm actually really overwhelmed with the situation, and have been indescrinimately shouting at a lot of people.
>Then why exactly should I not be sending you the plane with a suit?
>It's daytime Alfred.
>But sir, the world as we know it is potentially at stake!
>Guess the world better rotate to get the sun out of my line of sight, because I can say with complete certainty Batman isn't doing a thing to save it until the sun says goodnight to Metropolis.
>But sir, think of the big picture-
>Oh, I am Alfred. Do you have any idea how much I'd roast in that thing if I was in the sun in it even for only a minute?

Batman doesn't kill either, but Snyder didn't give a shit about that, did he?

He was retired

Holy shit, did you even watch the movie?
It's an important plot point that was iterated more than once that Bats had gone off the deep end.

Why are Snyderhaters so pathetic?

Not even him, but...

Dear snyderfag, I know that you have brain damage, probably you got something after sucking snyder dick and all....but you really don't get what people are saying. We know that a he was "off the deep", but people are saying that the concept is really shit for his first appearance on your big cinematic universe, and a really bad take overall if you want to translate the character to the screens.

Niggas like you have to spend all the day defending movies that are considered garbage, from the guy responsable for Sucker Punch, you are the pathetic one.

Its as important as Spider-man going "Fuck responsibility, I'mma get high" all movie.

>It's an important plot point
You know what else might have been an important "plot point?" BREAKING THE I DON'T GO OUT IN COSTUME DURING THE DAY TO HELP SAVE THE FUCKING WORLD.

to be fair, Metropolis as depicted in Martha of Steel was so large that it could be seven or eight major cities close together - it was at least the size of LA/NY-Newark-Long Island/Chicago/ pick one in the wide shots, but crucially it was depicted as being high-rise throughout - meaning it's at least as densely populated as Manhattan

retconning it as being several cities sprawling against each other is actually slightly less retarded than it was as originally depicted

WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE

>you have a mom
>HER NAME IS MARTHA?!
>runs to find her in case she's also his mom

except this had been happening since yesterday at that point and everyone just went to work as normal

>runs to find her in case she's also his mom

they are sometimes

canon dont matter when you are making a new work unless you choose it too

Yeah, that always bugged me. You'd think there'd be looting and shit. People in churches or going for bunkers or something. Perry was at his fucking desk until things started going down.

Batman doesn't exist during the day. It's not like a rule he can break. He cannot exist during the day. To do that would undo the entire myth that he has spent years crafting.

Ah. So the preservation of a myth matters more in Bruce's mind than the preservation of the world without which the myth would not exist either? Tell me again why people say Bruce Wayne is brilliant or a hero?

No it wasn't. Nowhere does this movie say Batman is killing people. The worst the movie thinks Batman is doing is branding people who may or may not get killed in prison later on.

All instances of Batman killing people in the movie are the unplanned result of Snyder chucking the script out the window to satisfy his murderboner.

It's implied.

This.

Literally a worse version of the Sears, IHOP and 7-11 scenes in Man of Steel.

>I can only think in the moment

And that is why you aren't Batman. What happens once the myth is shattered and the world continues after it is saved?

Gotham is fucked because the only thing holding criminals back is exposed as just being a man in a suit.

>the only thing holding criminals back
It's not like he was holding them back in the first place. It also isn't like after 20 years the bad guys hadn't already gotten a clue.
With all of that said, let me remind you again that the thought process is that preserving something that only exists because the world exists as it is, is more important than the preserving of the world itself.
Let us not forget that this is the universe of no win scenarios. 5000 need to die in Metropolis, and Superman can't stop Zod without snapping his neck. The Trinity can't stop Lex and Doomsday without losing Superman. The Suicide Squad can't stop Enchantress without losing Diablo.
If all Batman loses is the mystery of his urban legend staus, he should consider himself fortunate.