Was Frozen really as good as the general public and media would have one believe?

Was Frozen really as good as the general public and media would have one believe?

no

yes

maybe

can you repeat the question

that's an edit, right..?
But yeah, it was really good. Wouldn't say best disney ever, but it's up there.
It's all in the songs, really.

Yeah it is. In the actual clip she has a very slight jiggle to her bosoms

>movie that sold itself on the villain song.

Jiggly. (๏ ͜つ๏)

Tangled had a better story, funner comedic relief characters, better villain, more okay songs, and a 2-in-1 waifu bait due to rapunzel's haircut.
Frozen had the cute redhead and 1 more handsome male character than Tangled. Thats bout it.

Ya it sold. Ill admit it, but can we also agree its super overrated and was overplayed?

Also, was stupid and didntattach pick.......

Stop equating "mass popularity" with "perfection".

Darn near everyone likes Frozen. But darn near everyone will eat a hershey's bar if offered one, and they're just not that good. People who like Frozen aren't saying its the singular best movie ever crafted by man, they're just saying they like the movie.

Why, why, why do you autists give a flying fuck over what other people enjoy?

What an autistic reply.

If everyone else is enjoy a thing I dont then soon enough there wont be anything for me.

>Ya it sold. Ill admit it, but can we also agree its super overrated and was overplayed?

i agree with this. but that's not the problem.

I remember when I went to watch it with my sister on opening day. I was blown away by the Let it Go sequence, I probably mouthed the word "Wow" when the song finished.

It only memed its way into popularity due to snow storms or whatever.

Tag, you're autistic!

But yeah, for some people it's just not enough to like or not like a thing an leave it at that. They need a wide social structure to enforce their own thoughts and opinions.

Much like how OP needs the validation of this thread and to enforce their beliefs, and ideally influence those of others.

Fuck, you're an autist.

and japans loves adult pale people.

it's bizarre how something so forgettable and mediocre can generate so much profit by sheer accident.

Define "good." Because it's a movie with strong mass appeal, stupidly catchy songs, and a story a child can follow without getting lost. It will never rank among to movie greats, but it was never meant to, it was meant to make a fuckton of cash and it accomplished that flawlessly.

No, and I say that as a Frozen fan.

It's much better than what people expected from a clusterfuck rushjob that was still being rewritten up until 5 months before release. As a result of the crew not knowing what to do with the story till very late and rewriting everything after Let It Go got composed and they decided to not have Elsa be the villain after all, the animation is really shit in places and the plot is sloppy, unpolished and full of holes.
However, despite its considerable flaws, it's got some strange allure to it that made people love it, spread word of mouth and go in for several rewatches.

So it did build its popularity and became a cultural juggernaut all on its own merits, at first it was marketed like shit, and Disney was constantly sold out of Frozen merch for like a year because the demand was just so much higher than anything they could have anticipated.

So, there's something about it, it's enjoyable and it pulls you in, and I feel it deserves its success, because it actually became popular on its own strength, not as a result of a huge initial marketing push. In that sense it is exceptional.
But is it objectively a cinematic masterpiece? Hell no. Particularly innovative or feminist or whatever? Nah, it just had a nice twist on the prince charming and true love cliches, and had fear be the biggest antagonist instead of any actual character.

What it does is show that a soul or a story that just clicks is a lot more important than honing the plot or having beautiful, polished animation, though.

>can we also agree its super overrated
Most of the articles etc praising Frozen I've seen are saying that it's a huge success, a huge cultural juggernaut with insane impact, and that's true. They're not saying it's masterful cinema, they're hyping it up for having been crazy popular and having made metric fucktons of money and a sold planeloads of merch, and all that's true.
It is exceptionally popular, successful and profitable.

This. Every time there's a new Disney movie now people will say stuff like "I think this is better than Frozen. There, I said it" like it's some kind of established fact that Frozen is the best movie of all time and that preferring something else is a big deal. It's just that very many people like it a normal amount. People really need to learn the difference.

I love her.

You know, if the tits just behaved as "subtly" as it seemed the first half sec in, that might actually had been acceptable to be in the real deal. After that the distortion aside was literally weebtier balloon "physics". Trash.

fucking faggot.

I didn't find frozen particularly memorable. Only a month after watching it, I was struggling to remember what exactly the conflict was.

>t. weeb

doesnt matter, little girls and women treat elsa as role model: strong independent, with superpowers.

I didn't hate watching it, but the plot was a mess, and there were too many songs. Everyone brings up "Let It Go" because it's the only standout in a slew of mediocre music. Tangled was definitely better.

The marketing gimmick is that it Christmas-y without being actually Christmas, everybody loves them some Christmas but at the same time everybody is bored of it, Frozen strikes the perfect balance in that regard.

Plus 2 princesses equals twice as many dolls to sell

No, but it made me fap harder than any other disney property

I don't think that explains the crazy popularity. For example it came out in March or something in Japan and became a massive hit, the most profitable movie ever behind Spirited Away, or something like that.

I'm sure the christmasy feeling helped, but it doesn't explain all of it. Frozen was truly a crazy juggernaut

The answer is YES.
I've seen a fuckton of cartoons, animes in my whole life.
McCay, Disney, Fleischer, Hanna-Barbera, UPA, WB, Chuck Jones, PIXAR, Ghibli, Aardman, Dreamworks, BlueSky and Jap animes.

And let me say this proudly.

FROZEN is the Greatest of All Time.

I really liked it but I believe it's overhyped.
I LOVE Let It Go but if you take the song out, you'd lose so many fans.

Go to Disney World sometime, they literally play that song ten times a day.

Even twice during the Frozen show.

I've bought my little sister a Frozen pillow for Christmas 2 years ago, am I part of the problem ?

No, it appeals mainly to little girls anyways, it'd be no different than giving her a Little Mermaid pillow or something.

Of course it was

Well she was 22 at the time. sooooo

Tangled was better, in my opinion. Still an enjoyable movie.

Funny how far away from reality all you autists are.
It is literally what said.
Buzzwords like hype and success don't mean that said movies/others are masterful pieces.
Frozen songs were better. Catchier, easier to sing (for kids) and much more advertised (as a disney movie SHOULD)
Ask anyone to sing a rapunzel song, and they'll look at you and ask 'wait, there were songs in it?'.
Maybe they'll say there's that one with the vikings singing, that's all.
Even tho I also agree that rapunzel was overall better than frozen. Saying it's overhyped and sperging because it was a bigger success than the movie about your waifu is stupid and childish.

Have you ever seen this level of viral phenomenon before?