So I just got around watching American Psycho but I am not getting the ending. Was it all a dream...

So I just got around watching American Psycho but I am not getting the ending. Was it all a dream? How come Paul Allen was alive in London?

Also global rule #3 will be enforced in this thread so no Sup Forums posting.

How would you say it was? Been on my list to watch this for a long time now.

it was alright but confusing at the end thats why I ask

nobody can tell yuppies apart

hence personal identity is meaningless for the yuppies in the film, and hence all the misidentifications.

Patrick Bateman did kill Paul Allen. But due to how they all look alike, dress alike, behave alike, someone else genuinely believes they saw Paul Allen in London.

the bit with the lawyer is the entire premise of the movie: Was what he saying all true, was Paul Allen really alive and Bateman was just psychotic? Or was the lawyer trying to stop Patrick from talking because it's all covered up?

dubz in 3.. 2.. 11...

His dad covered it all up.

check these dubs

He ki11ed all those people?

If not dubs then meme magic is dead forever

This film has aged like wine. It's even grainy

Great digits, my friend

Can you even watch this movie anymore? I feel like it's ruined like tdkr

noice

Unlike the Dark Knight Rises, American Psycho is actually decent. And yes, capeshit is for man-children.

>How come Paul Allen was alive in London?

He wasn't. Bateman's world was simply so shallow and surface-level that everyone would rather pretend everything is fine than to acknowledge someone is committing atrocities.

Bateman is psychotic. His fucking humanity monologue at the beginning was the biggest clue that he isnt right in the head and just keep imagining scenes that he draws in his notebook.

Did he kill anyone like the director keep insisting he was in interviews? i guess so, but only hapless victims like homeless men, while the more crazy ones were all in his head.

TDKR was ruined on arrival. The plane scene is only a meme because it's ridiculous in the first place

HORY SHET

HEY PAUL

Dubs are fucking valueless. Literally any retard can get dubs anymore.

this

The whole point of the movie was it could have happened or not, as it wouldn't have mattered. They're so interchangeable that it makes no difference.

Very nice.

>implying anyone listens to filthy singles posters like you

>t. 105 IQ brainlet

You're living in a fantasy land. Meme magic isn't real.

Let's see you get some then if it's so easy

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Then explain

Singles and Sup Forums finally gets deleted

A single single off trips. Doesn't count

that explains why he was in that appartment and the women told him to leave?

but who was his dad?

checked

Ok guys I was pretty clear when I said global rule #3 would be enforced.

Because of fucking Sup Forums faggots like you we can never discuss this fucking movie.

Enjoy your Sup Forums vacation. :)

MODS!

Seriously though I feel stupid for not getting this movie but this seems a bit more logical. Or people wanted Alan to be dead so they pretended not to acknowledge it.

Everything up to the ATM scene is real and everything from the phone call after is real. So the chase scene and cop battle is not real but everything else is.
Paul Allen may or may not be alive but that is the point; that all of them are so interchangeable and identical that either one of them could be confused about who Paul Allen really is.

It was all dumb doodles he was doing, hence when his secretary finds them. The idea that "he got away with it because he was rich" is retarded, when he shot a door guy right in the fucking lobby, which would be video taped.

He was just an insane asshole yuppy with sick fantasies.

>and still he can't get dubs

Enjoy your capeshit and sneed threads.

What makes you think I like those? I just want to discuss fucking movies

but yeah this is Sup Forums so fucking faggots like you come here because you think this is Sup Forums2

nice.... let's see my dubs.

multiple possibilities:
>it was all a dream
>it was covered by the owners of the apartment or friends
>people were constantly mistaking each other for someone else, Paul Allen might even not be Paul Allen.

So really? It was all in his head?

Thats fucking retarded, i dislike this movie now alot.

the movies point is about how shallow, conformist and replaceable all these characters are.

>being shit with numbers the post
check these instead

the psychotic break issue is all well and good

consider, however, that bateman only murders when something defies his will or desires.
(check this hypothesis, it's true)

therefore, it makes even more sense to tie the murders to whim and delusions. To some extent everything would be fine, including the paul allen issue, if bateman simply imagined it and blustered through the detective interviews. He was just a deluded escapist employing a post-modern episteme.

witness my trips, bitch

You can't discuss American Psycho on Sup Forums like you can't discuss Yoshi games on Sup Forums. With American Psycho its derailed to autistic dubs or trip posting and Yoshi games just have the reply, 'haha.'

it's more like Sup Forums8 lmao

Based on the movie alone this idea works just fine. If you read the book and take that as well then it's very clear that he did murder those people.

You can. You just have to pass trip posts. However, most discussion is pretty fucking stale and mostly shitposting like the opening of op himself. Who gives a fuck if it is a dream or not.

Check em

I haven't read the book because of the infamous rat scene.

If dubs op is a faggot

Stop being a faggot. The book is amazing. Makes the movie seem almost lame by comparison. Also, checked.

The book is poorly written even if it has an interesting story. 60% of the book is listing off the names of designer merchandise (yes I get that's part of the point) but it just drags and is a slog to read through.
The movie gets you the same story in a fraction of the time.

the films visuals are second-to-none, mind you

I mean that's my theory but I don't like to get too meta about any movies.

He is losing his mind, he himself does not know anymore if he did it or not, people involved don't know if it is real or not, they all are too occupied with themself.

I'd say he killed them but others just didn't care and hence him not beeing sure if he actually did or did not do that.

As someone with memory problems I can relate to this shit, really good movie imo.

As he even makes clear in his ending monologue, none of it matters. It doesn't matter if he killed anyone or not because no one gives a shit.

>Dont just stare at it, eat it

Read the book first.

if dubs op gets cucked out of his thread by getting banned

OHHHH